Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lions to coach in Senior Bowl!

“The Senior Bowl is fortunate to have the Detroit Lions and Oakland Raiders as our coaching staffs this year,” said Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage. “Both organizations really wanted to be here and will do a great job of coaching both of our outstanding rosters.”
    Schwartz coached the North squad to a 31-13 victory in 2010.
    The game will take place January 26 at 3 p.m. on the NFL Network, but it’s the week of practice that’s the real benefit for the coaching staffs as they prepare for the draft.
    http://blogs.detroitlions.com/2013/0...e-senior-bowl/

Good for the FO to get a close look at some prospects, should help with the evaluation.
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    Didnt help two years ago =)

3 years w.e.. But i honestly dunno if i like it.. Will mayhew be there? Or is just gonna be Shartz and is he gonna try to change the picks because of what he saw? if mayhew is down there watching cool.. But if mayhew is on record saying he is ultimately the one who makes the pick than for shartz to be there without him doesent benefit us imo

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    It really can't hurt. Let's find a gem or two Shartz

vCash
    The senior bowl was a big reason why we found Willie Young in the 7th round back in 2010.....truly the best late-round pickup I can ever remember.

It does have some value.

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash

Lions to coach in Senior Bowl!

Jim will never see Super Bowl so senior bowl next best thing
    GIFSoup

The Old Kingwood313 is Back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    The senior bowl was a big reason why we found Willie Young in the 7th round back in 2010.....truly the best late-round pickup I can ever remember.

It does have some value.
    I don't recall Willie being on the team, but he was a senior.

Joique Bell was on the team Lions coached as well (I know we didn't sign him as a UDFA, but we did end up with him )

And don't forget Mayhew also heavily wanted Koa Misi and I think either him or Gunther called him the surprise LB they were going to take, but he went to the Phins.

Probably doesn't have much say, but you would have to think having these guys for a week or whatever you get to see some of their character/willingness to be coached and their attitude on the field. Hopefully we can get a nice insight into it.
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    it really can't hurt. I'm thinking the more intel the better!
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Any Seniors that we could be eying, that will most likely be on our side? Off the top of my head, Denard Robinson and Monte Ball could be late round candidates...

vCash
    At least they aren't wasting their time like game planning for a post season game or anything.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Wasn't Jefferson a big proponent of Titus after the Senior Bowl a couple years ago? Probably part of why they let him go. I like the added insight but I hope it doesn't lead to us making a "gut" pick that backfires again.
    2013 PSD Lions Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Wasn't Jefferson a big proponent of Titus after the Senior Bowl a couple years ago? Probably part of why they let him go. I like the added insight but I hope it doesn't lead to us making a "gut" pick that backfires again.
    Thats what i was trying to say in my post... Idk if i like them going down there or not

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    Good, they need more practice coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLions8190 View Post
    Good, they need more practice coaching.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    so is the plan for the lions to get their coaching staff in the senior bowl to utterly ruin the talent there, by exposing the athletes to our coaches thus leveling the playing field?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    so is the plan for the lions to get their coaching staff in the senior bowl to utterly ruin the talent there, by exposing the athletes to our coaches thus leveling the playing field?
    We need to see how these DEs and LBs can play the wide 9!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast