Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    He's on his backside a lot. Looking at the list, I wonder whose been sacked most over the same span.

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Before4 View Post
    He's on his backside a lot. Looking at the list, I wonder whose been sacked most over the same span.
    There aren't too many QBs that could keep standing after the number of hits Rodgers has taken.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Before4 View Post
    definitely has to be more than Aikman, Brady,or Peyton who all had great lines during that juncture in their careers....That's why I've always preferred guys like Montana, Elway, Young, Rodgers, etc....Guys who can kill you from the pocket, but when necessary can hurt you with their feet as well......I don't see how anyone can rationally say they would prefer a one dimensional guy, over another guy who can do the same and more.........

The Evil Empire Strikes Back...Take Em Home Frankie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqlJl1LfDP4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I don't think you can have both. He has high sacks because he doesn't force the ball into bad spots when he is under pressure. He holds it, takes the sack, and goes onto the next down.
    That what I was going to say too. When you're in trouble in the pocket, you basically have two options: force a throw or take a sack. Rodgers chooses to take a sack.

Quote Originally Posted by aokmaster View Post
    It's amazing how Rodgers goes under the radar, ESPECIALLY this year. There were times between the pre-season Tebow OBSESSION at ESPN, and then their emerging obsession with RGIII, Luck and eventually Wilson (and their continued crush on Brady and Romo) at times it felt like Rodgers wasn't even in the league. Like he's become 'bigger' than their praise and didn't need it to reinforce just how good he is. It's one of the reasons why I generally avoid/ignore ESPN.
    To be honest, Rodgers is sorta boring. He's consistent and isn't mug to talk about with him. At least Peyton has the new team storyline but there's not much o debate about Rodgers. But to be fair, Rodgers got plenty of love last year with his crazy good year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahari Kavi View Post
    definitely has to be more than Aikman, Brady,or Peyton who all had great lines during that juncture in their careers....That's why I've always preferred guys like Montana, Elway, Young, Rodgers, etc....Guys who can kill you from the pocket, but when necessary can hurt you with their feet as well......I don't see how anyone can rationally say they would prefer a one dimensional guy, over another guy who can do the same and more.........
    Sure all other things equal, I'd take a mobile guy over a strictly just pocket passer. But all other things are rarely equal. I would find it hard to take too many other guys over Brady and manning even though they aren't mobile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12