Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Corrections before Packers v. Vikings Round III

Curious what everyone thinks needs to be corrected before the game next week. Today was a debacle. You can point your fingers at any number of things. Bad OL play, bad breaks, bad calls, horrible tackling, poor play calling, lack of passion, etc...

Here's what I think needs to be cleaned up or we're going to win as many games in the playoffs as last year.

1. Improve tackling. Had to be at least 15-20 missed tackles (or in Tramon's case, non-attempt to make a tackle)
    2. OL play. After it seemed to be improving over the last few weeks, today was awful.
    3. Defensive scheme. I don't know what Capers drew up, but it was awful.

Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

vCash
    Cut down on the stupid mistakes. I don't know what Tramon was thinking, but that penalty late essentially gave them a TD. And what the **** was up with that prevent with a couple minutes left?

Today also showed how much we really miss Bulaga and Woodson. Was Woodson ready to go today, and was only held out for precaution? Or did he suffer a setback?

vCash
    Woodson wanted to play. Mckenzie wouldn't clear him again for some reason. I really don't get that. Honestly, I think they were just trying to buy more time. I don't think a single person on the Packers took this game seriously. Now all of the sudden they're in damage control mode and will HOPEFULLY come out hungry next week.

A-Rod is NOT a good cold weather quarterback and having the best RB on the planet in the cold will help the Vikings out for sure. I'm just getting sick and tired of the team coming out TERRIBLY flat at the onset.

As long as we have Capers, we get prevent defense packages no matter what the score in the 4th quarter of any game. That was a joke.

Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

vCash
    All we have to do is contain Adrian Peterson. Ponder can't beat the Packers or even come close without Peterson going over 150.

vCash
    you already said everything that needed to be said lol

The Evil Empire Strikes Back...Take Em Home Frankie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqlJl1LfDP4

vCash
    The thing is I dont know if losing was a bad thing. The Vikes lost more than they win. I'm pretty sure Winfield's will be a no go with the broken hand or very limited. We will have a full WR core back at he.

If they can limit the mental mistakes and missed tackles I think the game should be in hand. If its close again advantage goes to us because of the home field which was a slight edge for the Vikes early on.

vCash
    1. Improve Tackling
    2. Contain Peterson
    3. Play man to man and little to no zones
    4. Mike Carey cannot be the official

vCash
    Tackling, OL growing a pair, Need to get healthy (again), Tramon Williams not playing like a rookie, Not letting AD run for 200 yards on us, Get a little more creative on defense. The list goes on and on

There you go thumper

vCash
    Rodgers holding onto the ball forever. There are some instances where the line collapsed, but he took way to long on that fumble play and should have gotten rid of it sooner. If not, roll out of the pocket. He sits in the pocket too long! I remember the superbowl year it seemed like we killed every team we played with awesome play action bootlegs!

vCash
    Our run defense is putrid. They can't tackle and I am so sick of zone defenses. When is Capers going to trust these guys to play man coverage?

vCash
    oh boy, with all the corrective actions listed here we have no chance of winning seeing as how these have been season long issues. to win we have to play like we did when we played smart tough football twice this season. we need to summon the play of the Chicago and Houston games. i think we win next week but to do so we need to beat ourselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by claymaker52 View Post
    Rodgers holding onto the ball forever. There are some instances where the line collapsed, but he took way to long on that fumble play and should have gotten rid of it sooner. If not, roll out of the pocket. He sits in the pocket too long! I remember the superbowl year it seemed like we killed every team we played with awesome play action bootlegs!
    Rodgers was getting rid of the ball much faster that year after his second concussion. He was likely afraid of his season ending prematurely because of an unnecessary hit. It's really the only time in his career that I can remember his decision making being sped up to normal levels. Unless he gets another scare next week, I don't see him playing with any kind of urgency in the future. He'll just hold onto the ball for his usual 3+ seconds, and the line will again get most of the blame.

vCash
    Packers are 9.5 favourites to win this week, Im suprised the number is that high

vCash
    they need to not suck in the first quarter. feel like it happens almost every game

then they run train in the second and third and make it interesting in the 4th

if they win the first quarter, or dont get down by 10+ they should easily have this game in the bag

vCash
    Take a deep breath guys. We played a team that was hungrier than we were. They were at home, jumped out to an early lead, and had their lives to play for. We didn't. As much as guys want to say the first round bye was important, and I'm sure it was. I can't help but think some guys somewhat overlooked the game and diminished the importance. Now we are just as hungry as they are, get to play at home, and just had a wakeup call. We won't overlook them, we should be closer to full strength, and I think we get the W.

There's stuff we have to work on, but we also got valuable game tape today. This loss should make this week a focused week of practice and we should come out hungry. As much as no one wants to say it, this was basically the Vikings Super Bowl. Coming into the year, no one really expected much out of them. To prove everyone wrong and make the playoffs had to be a huge goal for this team. Anything beyond that is more like icing on the cake. The Packers came into the season with bigger ambitions. This is where our season starts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast