Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    4,155
    vCash
    1500

    Comparing Aaron Rodgers and other NFL quarterbacks

    A comparison of Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger and Terry Bradshaw after a similar number of starts in their careers:
    Heres the Link Check it out
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/119635674.html

    Through 84 starts Aaron Rodgers has more TD's, more Yards, less INT's by under 18.
    Tom Brady and Big ben have more victories, Arodg and Bradshaw are tied with 56

    Idk if this has been posted or not but Arodg's numbers are amazing, and I don't think he gets enough praise when he's compared to some of these guys (Brady, Peyton, Brees at points)

    On another note, how much do you guys think him waiting behind Favre and learning the game helped him, compared to like Peyton or Big Ben who started right away?
    Last edited by XJW18; 01-03-2013 at 12:12 PM.

    [Packers/Lakers Lover]


    "If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,787
    vCash
    1500
    Idk really how much it actually helped him but what I do know it has put a little chip on his shoulder.... rodgers is very competitive person and i hope that chip stays there

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,765
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by XJW18 View Post
    A comparison of Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger and Terry Bradshaw after a similar number of starts in their careers:
    Heres the Link Check it out
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/119635674.html

    Through 84 starts Aaron Rodgers has more TD's, more Yards, less INT's by under 18.
    Tom Brady and Big ben have more victories, Arodg and Bradshaw are tied with 56

    Idk if this has been posted or not but Arodg's numbers are amazing, and I don't think he gets enough praise when he's compared to some of these guys (Brady, Peyton, Brees at points)

    On another note, how much do you guys think him waiting behind Favre and learning the game helped him, compared to like Peyton or Big Ben who started right away?
    It was huge... that's probably why his first 84 starts are better statistically because he didn't go into the fire right away like many of those other guys who were hitting their 84th start in year 5 or 6.

    Still impressive though, great company to be in and in some cases ahead of.

    The low interceptions is what's phenomenal to me though. After seeing Favre just chuck it all those years, it's been a nice change of pace. He just needs to minimize the sacks, it worries me how many times he gets hit.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    4,155
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TC119 View Post
    It was huge... that's probably why his first 84 starts are better statistically because he didn't go into the fire right away like many of those other guys who were hitting their 84th start in year 5 or 6.

    Still impressive though, great company to be in and in some cases ahead of.

    The low interceptions is what's phenomenal to me though. After seeing Favre just chuck it all those years, it's been a nice change of pace. He just needs to minimize the sacks, it worries me how many times he gets hit.
    Definitely, we blame the O-line allot but he needs to get rid of the ball quicker at times.
    His TD to INT ratio is whats phenomenal to me as well.

    [Packers/Lakers Lover]


    "If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,779
    vCash
    1500
    Him sitting helped. But it had little to do with Favre.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    4,155
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Him sitting helped. But it had little to do with Favre.
    im not saying he learned from Favre personally but he did watch him for what four seasons?
    Im sure there were things he picked up here and there that a rookie starting right away doesnt know.

    [Packers/Lakers Lover]


    "If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by XJW18 View Post
    im not saying he learned from Favre personally but he did watch him for what four seasons?
    Im sure there were things he picked up here and there that a rookie starting right away doesnt know.
    I see some Brett in him here and there but I think too much credit goes to Favre rather than Clements and Mike

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    4,155
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I see some Brett in him here and there but I think too much credit goes to Favre rather than Clements and Mike
    I agree completely.

    [Packers/Lakers Lover]


    "If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski


  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Posts
    5,936
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by XJW18 View Post
    Definitely, we blame the O-line allot but he needs to get rid of the ball quicker at times.
    His TD to INT ratio is whats phenomenal to me as well.
    I don't think you can have both. He has high sacks because he doesn't force the ball into bad spots when he is under pressure. He holds it, takes the sack, and goes onto the next down.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    Aaron Rodgers is good at football
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,380
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Him sitting helped. But it had little to do with Favre.
    Agreed!

    PSD's Shane Vereen.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,755
    vCash
    1500
    He sat on the bench from 2005-2007 right, 3 years?

    Anyways, I wasn't a fan of him at all until I saw him come in that Dallas game and almost pulled off the victory. That was when I was excited about him.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    1500
    I just hope it's Rodgers that has the Green Bay Packers touchdown record at the end of his career. I don't care if Favre keeps the all-time touchdowns record, I just want Aaron to stay a Packer and break the Packer record.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dubuque, IA
    Posts
    1,711
    vCash
    1500
    It's amazing how Rodgers goes under the radar, ESPECIALLY this year. There were times between the pre-season Tebow OBSESSION at ESPN, and then their emerging obsession with RGIII, Luck and eventually Wilson (and their continued crush on Brady and Romo) at times it felt like Rodgers wasn't even in the league. Like he's become 'bigger' than their praise and didn't need it to reinforce just how good he is. It's one of the reasons why I generally avoid/ignore ESPN.


    Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    77
    vCash
    1500
    Green Bay is a tiny market, probably doesn't help Rodgers in terms of ESPN, they'd rather talk about the Jets, or Tebow specifically. I personally don't care the less drivel that comes out of ESPN about us the better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •