Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If we make the playoffs do we still fire BC?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - he sucks get rid of him

8 30.77%
  • NO - the team has great pieces, he has done well

18 69.23%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    Should B.C go?

Cue Wise 1, Bramaca and co.

"Bryan rushed the rebuild...we don't have any superstars...Andrea was the wrong pick...should have known Bosh's intentions beforehand" etc.

Bottom line is its been far from perfect but in the NBA you need stars to win and that kind of player was never available for B.C to get.

I can't fault a guy for missing the boat when there was never a boat to begin with.
    Not even going to go deeper and point out how bad hes been. Been done before. Where were you 2 or 3 weeks ago with this? I find this funny. Hows Andrea doing?

Not surprising though, typical PSD Raptors board. Overreacting after a handful of games. We have people comparing Ross to Vince after 1 game.

But seriously, you signed up when he was drafted and have been one of his biggest fans. Will you be here once hes traded?

vCash
    BC should and will be back next season unless we have another huge meltdown to end the season and drop off to the bottom of the standings again (which is highly unlikely imo)

vCash
    If the Raps make the playoffs or are close to them then no he won't be fired/not re-signed. Should the Raps go a new direction? Yes, I think they should move on from BC. A first round playoff exit isn't really any different then a 31-51 season and drafting 8th or 9th in my opinion.

vCash
    If he actually trades Andrea I'll just give him the new contract right after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    If the Raps make the playoffs or are close to them then no he won't be fired/not re-signed. Should the Raps go a new direction? Yes, I think they should move on from BC. A first round playoff exit isn't really any different then a 31-51 season and drafting 8th or 9th in my opinion.
    Good thing your just a fan, no offense. But that's a loser mentality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    You can call it that if you want, I call it patience as opposed to the impatience which is shown by 90% of the fans and the management of the team. The 'winner' mentality has gotten the Raps absolutely nothing other then being a loser of a team. No offense but that 'winner' mentality has a lot more delusion behind it then substance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    You can call it that if you want, I call it patience as opposed to the impatience which is shown by 90% of the fans and the management of the team. The 'winner' mentality has gotten the Raps absolutely nothing other then being a loser of a team. No offense but that 'winner' mentality has a lot more delusion behind it then substance.
    understandable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    I used to play competitive sports at a provincial and national level and I get the jist of what you are saying. However, as fans, we should want our team (not to float around mediocrity but rather) to compete for a championship.

With that being said, being in Canada is part of our problem. Since most players barely leave their state (rather their own country), stereotypes get formed. They believe we live in igloos and are Eskimos and what not. Most people tend to forget that places like NYC and Boston are as cold if not colder than Toronto. And this is part of the problem it is to get players here.

I do want these guys to succeed, and I understand that we are in a rebuilding stage, but really, with the rep Canada has, it becomes hard to attract marquee free agents. The only way to build our roster with stars is to draft them. Sadly, being a mediocre team does not get you the "stars" in the league.

I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again. I trust BC and the moves he makes. Sure some of them have been questionable, but the intent was good, and for the most part he has rectified his mistakes. With the exemption of Bargnani, I think his other picks were pretty decent considering what was available. Even picks that upset the forums here in Val and Ross are turning out to be solid picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise 1:24956827
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    Should B.C go?

Cue Wise 1, Bramaca and co.

"Bryan rushed the rebuild...we don't have any superstars...Andrea was the wrong pick...should have known Bosh's intentions beforehand" etc.

Bottom line is its been far from perfect but in the NBA you need stars to win and that kind of player was never available for B.C to get.

I can't fault a guy for missing the boat when there was never a boat to begin with.
    Not even going to go deeper and point out how bad hes been. Been done before. Where were you 2 or 3 weeks ago with this? I find this funny. Hows Andrea doing?

Not surprising though, typical PSD Raptors board. Overreacting after a handful of games. We have people comparing Ross to Vince after 1 game.

But seriously, you signed up when he was drafted and have been one of his biggest fans. Will you be here once hes traded?
    I'm a Raptors supporter first and foremost.

I've admitted that Andrea was a failed experiment i.e thinking he was versatile from the get go was a result of poor character analysis which B.C is directly responsible for. At the same time I don't think there was a player in that draft that would have drastically turned our fortunes around either.

Whether people like it or not, Andrea's time with the Raptors is invariably over.

vCash
    He was very closed to being sidelined IMO after that 4-18 record but ownership restrained themselves. It's good to have Wayne Embry on his side.

He stated a fast track rebuild and implied of a playoff appearance before the season started so there were expectations and that was hard to erase from people's minds especially after that long stretch of debacle.

If the team makes the playoffs then I am sure Rogers will extend him. If they don't then the whole body of work will be re-evaluated. That means after 7 years of tenure, what has he done to warrant another multi-year of hope.

Bargs and company is his ticket to a possible re-up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123