Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If we make the playoffs do we still fire BC?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - he sucks get rid of him

8 30.77%
  • NO - the team has great pieces, he has done well

18 69.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

If the Raptors make the playoffs do they still fire BC?

Whats everyones take on this???

I personally like most of BC's moves and even if (big if) we keep Bargs and casey utilizes him off the bench 20-30 min a game then he could still remain a solid piece.

vCash
    The only thing that would save BC's job at this point is a playoff birth. So assuming we do make the playoffs, I can assure you that BC will stick around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post

I personally like most of BC's moves and even if (big if) we keep Bargs and casey utilizes him off the bench 20-30 min a game then he could still remain a solid piece.
    If we make the playoffs, I can't see MLSE firing BC. If we barely miss the playoffs I also suspect he'll remain around.

vCash
    Nope. He'll have fulfilled his promise with the fans and more importantly the team. If he is successful in getting rid of Bargnani's contract in any way shape or form (returning players, draft picks, complete salary dump) then I'd say he had a very good season as the Raptors general manager.

That said, if he doesn't, things start to get a little bit interesting.

vCash

If we make the playoffs do we still fire BC?

BC is not getting fired, I just don't see that happening. I don't remember BC promising playoffs.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    BC is not getting fired, I just don't see that happening. I don't remember BC promising playoffs.
    Thing is though he wouldn't be getting fired. Just not getting a new contract.

But if we make the playoffs he gets a small extension I hope. Give him 2 more years to prove that this year wasn't a fluke but that he is actually building something here.

vCash
    we were 4-18 at one point. 4 and 18.

if we make the playoffs, that means something is working. if we get to .500, that means we would've went 37-23 for a .616 winning %. has that ever happened in franchise history?

worst case, you pick up his option year for next season.

vCash
    He'll never get fired.

vCash
    Yeahh if we make playoffs or are close he probably gets extended... He has done a really good job for the most part with drafting but his signings and trades have been pretty bad.

vCash
    I was on the fire BC wagon a couple weeks ago, but I have changed my tune recently.

I am very happy with the last 4 draft picks (DeMar, Ed, Valanciunas & Ross)

I like the acquisition of Lowry, even though it cost us a lottery pick

Alan Anderson was also a decent find.

Amir contract doesn't look so bad anymore.

Jury is still out on Fields but if he can average 9 & 7 like he has the past few games, I don't think its that bad of a contract.

Basically if he trades Bargnani & we make the playoffs, I think its a job well done, post Bosh era.
    Last edited by Tmath; 01-03-2013 at 12:09 PM.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor17 View Post
    Yeahh if we make playoffs or are close he probably gets extended... He has done a really good job for the most part with drafting but his signings and trades have been pretty bad.
    Being the only team in Canada, I think we have to expect that.

Harder to almost impossible to sign big free agents

Have to overpay just about anyone to want to play here unfortunately.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post

i was thinking about this the last couple of days.

absolutely you fire him. god himself had to strike Andrea down in order for things to change. if the rumours of BC having his hand in Casey's decisions are true, and i don't doubt they are, who knows how long this clown show would have gone on.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-03-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    On the fence, will reserve judgment for now. If these past 10 games become the lone bright spot in an overall losing campaign he's gone. If the team keeps this up, turns around their record and makes an actual push for the playoffs he stays around, even if they fall just short.

I agree the contract shouldn't be long though, 2 yrs works no longer than that though. He's got to prove himself again, prove his moves work.

And agreed his trades have not been great, but he can redeem that by moving Bargs. I mean the guy did move Hoffa - HOFFA! - and he traded him for more than a bag of basketballs too, he got Hump out of the deal! Where's that magical BC who started out that way here in TO? Get him back, move Bargs for something and he's won me back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Being the only team in Canada, I think we have to expect that.

Harder to almost impossible to sign big free agents

Have to overpay just about anyone to want to play here unfortunately.
    I have always wondered how awful it must be too field reasonable offers to free agents only for them to balk at how playing in Canada entitles them to more money.

Fingers crossed that there will be a day when the Raptors team is good and Bryan Colangelo is still at the helm. Then we'll see if the contracts were unreasonable because of a) the country the Raptors play in or b) the crappiness that was the Raptors of the last couple years.

vCash
    the expectation was compete for the 8th spot so no...

I only see us getting a new GM if we end up one of the worst teams in the league, like how everyone thought we would about a month ago

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast