Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IDOG_det View Post
    Give him an incentive based contract with multiple voidable years. He has the potential to be a great player in this league, but can't stay healthy. Give him a safe contract that basically pays him for how well he performs.
    you can give him that contract thats the easy part the point is you can't hold a gun to his head and make him sign the contract and in today's NFL its all about the guaranteed dollar so we give him this heavy ladden incentive based contract that could pay him 12 million over the next 3 years or another team comes in and ovvers him guaranteed 8 million and a possibility to make 11 millioin over the next 3 years which one do you think he is going to take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    you can give him that contract thats the easy part the point is you can't hold a gun to his head and make him sign the contract and in today's NFL its all about the guaranteed dollar so we give him this heavy ladden incentive based contract that could pay him 12 million over the next 3 years or another team comes in and ovvers him guaranteed 8 million and a possibility to make 11 millioin over the next 3 years which one do you think he is going to take.
    If another team wants to take that risk then let him. Delmas isn't the only option out there, and I'm not sure how many teams are going to want to guarantee him millions. We could give him a contract that has 1 year guaranteed and the rest voidable. We could do many different things to please both sides.

vCash

The Delmas Dilemma

Anyone think he will just get tagged? I mean that way we have another year to see what he does and then make a decision the following year?

Because I just don't see us tagging Avril again and I think the FO still believes in Delmas...

Props to StriveGreatness

vCash
    Theres an article on Lions page here on PSD that says they're not gonna use the franchise tag.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsurfr2 View Post
    Anyone think he will just get tagged? I mean that way we have another year to see what he does and then make a decision the following year?

Because I just don't see us tagging Avril again and I think the FO still believes in Delmas...
    Plz no tag.. If he comes back next year and plays all year he will want mega dollars.. if we keep him try to get him on a smaller contract considering his history for a few years with voidable $$ and he comes back next year anhd plays the whole year dynamite then atleast we have him locked up for 2 more years at a smaller cap hit

13 Rec - 247 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    Theres an article on Lions page here on PSD that says they're not gonna use the franchise tag.
    They don't plan on using it. Doesn't mean they won't.

vCash
    it will cost them around 6 million if they tag Delmas...how could that be even justified?

vCash
    The most he should even think about asking for is 6 mil a year over four years. The franchise tag is not much more and that is worst case scenario for the lions. I expect they resign him to 2 years with a max of around 15 million with only about 4 of it being guarentteed and the rest being incentives. A lot of it should be based on if he stays on the field and produces. If he does next year they give him a long term extension for 4 or 5 years if he stays healthy but if not cut him lose or trade him for a draft pick. Other players we need to resign include Durant. He is older than levy and will be willing to take a 2 or 3 year deal for around 8-12 million. Levy is younger and still does have room to improve but he is going to be looking for a 4-5 year deal paying around 5-6 million per year. Give me Durant over him. Also if Avril agrees to 4 years 28 million then resign him but anything more is a waste of time and money. Also Houston is a must. I believe he knows he is not worth huge corner money and won't command more that 5 million per year. In FA we need to make sure we don't make a huge long term signing. Cheap older verterans is what we need. Guys like Quinten Jammer and Devin Hester/Josh Cribbs. The only expensive signing might be Jarius Byrd. He is worth around 6-7 million a year over four years. We can afford him if we don't resign Avril and get Staffords cap number down. No need for any huge long term deals to players like Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Dwayne Bowe, or Mike Wallace. Yes they would be huge signings but they would make our defense weak and starved of talent. Plus they restrict the ability to sign Suh to a new deal after next season. If we want a superstar go big in the draft. There are a lot of guys available where we will be who can be pro bowlers in there 2nd or 3rd years(Te'o, Werner, Moore, Jockel, Milliner). We will be taking one of these guys without a doubt. We need to stick to the plan of drafting BPA and signing good character veterans to small contracts who still got stuff left in the tank while keeping the core together.

vCash
    That's a lot of words.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

vCash
    The ENTER key helps.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    That's a lot of words.

Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    The ENTER key helps.

13 Rec - 247 Yards -2 TD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12