Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Baragalionsfan View Post
    Tulloch or Te'o cant play OLB, Therefore we will not draft Te'o!! Jarvis Jones would be ****ING FANTASTIC IN BLUE AND SILVER IN 2013
    Not true

vCash
    Tulloch or Te'o cant play OLB, Therefore we will not draft Te'o!! Jarvis Jones would be ****ING FANTASTIC IN BLUE AND SILVER IN 2013
    I'd love to add him as well. the problem is we'd probably have to jump to the top for him It's all speculation right now but it seems the Jags like him, and they pick #2.

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'd love to add him as well. the problem is we'd probably have to jump to the top for him It's all speculation right now but it seems the Jags like him, and they pick #2.
    I see the jags going with a new qb if possible or get the LT to behonest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    I'm typically all for trading back from #5 and getting more picks...but what will those picks yield you???

If you look at Mayhew's draft history outside of the top 5 picks, he's AWFUL!! We're going to trade away another sure shot player for a handful of garbage players never to truly contribute. If we're talking drastic trade, I think it might come in unloading Suh and riding with Fairley as your key DT. Not to mention the bucks it frees up to add pieces to that defense.

They really cornered themselves in this off-season. And unfortunately, with no changes to the front office we're going to be stuck with a lack luster staff working things out. My expectations aren't so high.
    I don't disagree with anything you have said here.

However, there is no ONE player (even if it is Teo) that will put us in the post-season. We need multiple KEY players.

This is truly a double-edged sword but we gotta trade down and hope Mayhew learns how to draft between now and then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I see the jags going with a new qb if possible or get the LT to behonest
    With a new GM coming in and possibly new coach I can see them taking a QB (let's not forget the fact that Gabbert sucks). The problem is the QB class is really weak. Geno Smith will probably go #1, after that is all ugly. Jockel would make sense if they feel Gabbert is the answer (good luck with that).

If that were the case then I can see Jones falling to us. Oakland doesn't need a DE and with Star still on the board I can't see them passing on him. Philly has enough pass rushers as it is and depending on if Jacksonville goes with a QB or not they'd take Jockel.

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonjw18 View Post
    not true
    a really slow olb maybe!!

vCash
    a really slow olb maybe!!
    i have seen articles that have questioned his speed to be an elite LB in the nfl. but i have not seen anything that says he is really slow?

i am not sure how accurate this is but i saw he ran a 4.54 which is pretty good. it isnt all about the 40 yard dash, but a lot of people will have their eye on his combine numbers, particurally his 40 time.

vCash
    This team has gotten sorry.
    The only plus I can see going into this draft is with the best player available crap they are always touting. they will most likely draft a player that will fill a starting need. I hope they can trade down a few spot and grab an extra pick or 2 and draft a DB. I still think that is their greatest need. But Jarvis Jones has some health and size concerns going into this draft so I think they should pass on him and look LB later. DB then DE first

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gowman View Post
    This team has gotten sorry.
    The only plus I can see going into this draft is with the best player available crap they are always touting. they will most likely draft a player that will fill a starting need. I hope they can trade down a few spot and grab an extra pick or 2 and draft a DB. I still think that is their greatest need. But Jarvis Jones has some health and size concerns going into this draft so I think they should pass on him and look LB later. DB then DE first
    I would definatly go DE because no true dominate corner and the saftey has enough depth that we should be able to have a pick between a couple at the beginning of the second round.

vCash
    I'm really hoping they bring in Manti Te'o...The guy plays with a chip on his shoulder. He's a beast, he's got better hands than Pettigrew (watch his interceptions) and has better moves with the ball after the INT. If the Lions do in fact draft him I'll be going Alpha Dog with this guy. Only I'm sure Manti would make a better QB than Gabbert so I doubt people will think I'm insane for being a major fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BucketheadZ06 View Post
    I'm really hoping they bring in Manti Te'o...The guy plays with a chip on his shoulder. He's a beast, he's got better hands than Pettigrew (watch his interceptions) and has better moves with the ball after the INT. If the Lions do in fact draft him I'll be going Alpha Dog with this guy. Only I'm sure Manti would make a better QB than Gabbert so I doubt people will think I'm insane for being a major fan.
    I would not be upset if we got Te'o. Its just that the dline is so important to this defense and as of right now we have no capable starters for DE. Young is a good back up but that is all he is. Avril is going to walk or be overpaid I'd prefer to let him walk. While KVB needs to be cut...a big time DE would be nice.

vCash
    nah I think the defense is fine after a 4-12 season... no **** Mayhew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonjw18 View Post
    i have seen articles that have questioned his speed to be an elite LB in the nfl. but i have not seen anything that says he is really slow?

i am not sure how accurate this is but i saw he ran a 4.54 which is pretty good. it isnt all about the 40 yard dash, but a lot of people will have their eye on his combine numbers, particurally his 40 time.
    That aint bad for a MLB. Look im not knocking Te'o at all. I think he will be a good MLB and leader for somebody, all im saying is we already have Tully. Even though tulloch isnt on a elite level for middle backers but hes a damn good one. I just dont think Te'o will be as productive as a OLB thus wasting his talents if we pick him. Te'o needs to be middle and we dont need a MLB. If Mayhew does draft Te'o he better get on the phone and look to trade Tulloch

vCash
    That aint bad for a MLB. Look im not knocking Te'o at all. I think he will be a good MLB and leader for somebody, all im saying is we already have Tully. Even though tulloch isnt on a elite level for middle backers but hes a damn good one. I just dont think Te'o will be as productive as a OLB thus wasting his talents if we pick him. Te'o needs to be middle and we dont need a MLB. If Mayhew does draft Te'o he better get on the phone and look to trade Tulloch
    maybe i am the minority, but i thought our LB's were pretty good last season. I would be good w us resigning levy and durant for an amount we can afford. that being said, it may be too much of a gamble to draft Te'o to be an OLB since we have tulloch.

i think our defense suffered because of the DE's and secondary excluding Houston.

vCash
    #questionable

STAFFORD THE LEADER

Sliding a yard short on 4th down because he's too afraid to take a hit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12