Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 218
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    The plan is to win for the future are not 2013, and they've done a great job in putting the Mets in a great position for the future.

    Like I said before, don't trash one's opinion and beliefs when you can't come up with one yourself.

    That's not a plan, that's throwing seasons away for no reason, whilst keep payroll low and making excuses for not spending, they're refinancing left right and center. They've put themselves in a great position to have very low payrolls. I'll trash whoever I like by the way.

    Your 'argument' is unsustainable and ridiculous. A bit like the Mets 'plan'.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    15,307
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by METMANYAK View Post
    I didn't know you could block someone, sorry, relative newbie. Good, how do I do it. Thnks.
    User CP link > Edit Ignore List.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    That's not a plan, that's throwing seasons away for no reason, whilst keep payroll low and making excuses for not spending, they're refinancing left right and center. They've put themselves in a great position to have very low payrolls. I'll trash whoever I like by the way.

    Your 'argument' is unsustainable and ridiculous. A bit like the Mets 'plan'.
    Part of rebuilding is not spending a lot of money, thus resulting in low payrolls. Who says they're "punting," 2013? Because they want to see how all of the younger guys can do for an entire year? Or because they refuse to waste money of aging guys like Grady Seizmore who would only take at bats away from the guys who could actually help in a few years.

    So , since you call my 'argument' and idea on what to do "unsustainable and ridiculous," please, please tell me what you would do, and please, please don't respond with "That's not my job."

    What you're doing is quite cowardly, if you ask me.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Part of rebuilding is not spending a lot of money, thus resulting in low payrolls. Who says they're "punting," 2013? Because they want to see how all of the younger guys can do for an entire year? Or because they refuse to waste money of aging guys like Grady Seizmore who would only take at bats away from the guys who could actually help in a few years.

    So , since you call my 'argument' and idea on what to do "unsustainable and ridiculous," please, please tell me what you would do, and please, please don't respond with "That's not my job."

    What you're doing is quite cowardly, if you ask me.

    They're not spending ANY money. Not a single MLB player has been signed.

    Who says they're punting 2013? look at the roster, we won 74 games and they have not improved it 1 iota, in fact they have LOST an ace.

    Yeah yeah yeah every player is waste of money...so tired of this nonsense. Until of course next year when players won't be a waste of money...laughable. If the Mets signed a guy tomorrow or traded for a guy making money you would be all over it.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    They're not spending ANY money. Not a single MLB player has been signed.

    Who says they're punting 2013? look at the roster, we won 74 games and they have not improved it 1 iota, in fact they have LOST an ace.

    Yeah yeah yeah every player is waste of money...so tired of this nonsense. Until of course next year when players won't be a waste of money...laughable. If the Mets signed a guy tomorrow or traded for a guy making money you would be all over it.
    But, once again, the goal is not to win for 2013. It is to get young guys ready and get them experience so they're ready in, say, 2015 when the Mets should be ready to win again.

    Grady Seizmore would be a waste of money. Why pay a guy millions of dollars to get hurt and just take up valuable playing time from guys who need it most and guys who can help this team in the future?

    If someone who could help now and in the future was signed right now or traded for right now, I would be fine wiht it. If we gave millions of dollars to some old lug wiht no value for the future, then I would be upset.

    Oh, and why do you think Dickey was traded? So we could get YOUNGER and win in the FUTURE because that's what a team does when they're REBUILDING. They lost an ace, but they got back a future stud catcher, future TORP, and a guy at catcher not named Thole or Nickeas. That was a bad deal?

    And you still haven't answered my quesiton. So I assume if you were GM, you would do nothing and just complain about how your boss doesn't have any money to spend this offseason.
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 01-05-2013 at 11:13 AM.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,165
    vCash
    1500
    I'll be very interested to see how the 2013 off-season goes. Jeff Wilpon went on camera and said "the payroll will go up next year." The question is whether or not he means go up from the $85 million dollar level it's currently at, or from the $40 million dollar level it will be at once Santana and Bay's money goes away (after all, they said they're counting their salaries towards this season's payroll. Otherwise, this year's payroll would be down in the $75 million dollar range thanks to deferred money from Bay and Wright).

    I want to be a reporter so bad next year so I can drill them about payroll questions. If they think a $60-70 million dollar payroll for 2014 is going to fly, they're wrong.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    But, once again, the goal is not to win for 2013. It is to get young guys ready and get them experience so they're ready in, say, 2015 when the Mets should be ready to win again.

    Grady Seizmore would be a waste of money. Why pay a guy millions of dollars to get hurt and just take up valuable playing time from guys who need it most and guys who can help this team in the future?

    If someone who could help now and in the future was signed right now or traded for right now, I would be fine wiht it. If we gave millions of dollars to some old lug wiht no value for the future, then I would be upset.

    Oh, and why do you think Dickey was traded? So we could get YOUNGER and win in the FUTURE because that's what a team does when they're REBUILDING. They lost an ace, but they got back a future stud catcher, future TORP, and a guy at catcher not named Thole or Nickeas. That was a bad deal?

    And you still haven't answered my quesiton. So I assume if you were GM, you would do nothing and just complain about how your boss doesn't have any money to spend this offseason.

    You think that's the goal, I don't. I think the goal is to keep the team IN Wilpon hands, and that there's a clear crossover between a rebuilding team and one being run the way the Mets are.

    2015? LOL!!! May as well say 2020.

    The guys we have in the OF are not good enough, personally I would not bother with GS, too hurt too often, but I do not believe that there isn't a single player in the world who could not help the Mets.

    Why was RA traded? for both reasons, they didn't want to pay him and the trade made sense.

    I'm not answering your silly question I am not a GM and I don not have the resources at my disposal than SA does, why should I do his job for him, or be measured against him?

    SA is paid a fortune to supposedly make this team a winner. He is failing. He's got no blue chippers left to do his job for him now, let's see what he can come up with.


    I'll tell you what, I'll bet that the Mets never make the post season while ever SA is GM? you wanna take that bet? let's see how confident you are in this 'rebuild'...

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I'll be very interested to see how the 2013 off-season goes. Jeff Wilpon went on camera and said "the payroll will go up next year." The question is whether or not he means go up from the $85 million dollar level it's currently at, or from the $40 million dollar level it will be at once Santana and Bay's money goes away (after all, they said they're counting their salaries towards this season's payroll. Otherwise, this year's payroll would be down in the $75 million dollar range thanks to deferred money from Bay and Wright).

    I want to be a reporter so bad next year so I can drill them about payroll questions. If they think a $60-70 million dollar payroll for 2014 is going to fly, they're wrong.

    Why would anyone believe a word Jef Wilpon says? his family are lying crooks who were up to their necks in two ponzi schemes.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,165
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I'll tell you what, I'll bet that the Mets never make the post season while ever SA is GM? you wanna take that bet? let's see how confident you are in this 'rebuild'...
    Nobody would take that bet even if they did believe Sandy's rebuild is the greatest thing ever. I'd be shocked if he's our GM past 2014. He was loaned to the Wilpons by Selig, so that's yet another loan they're going to have to pay back pretty soon.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    17,686
    vCash
    5000
    no wonder they're broke. I always thought that the Mets and SNY were such huge money makers on their own.

    Turns out Freddy owns Boardwalk and Park Place but they're mortgaged so he can't buy Hotels or collect rent.

    Ok maybe not Boardwalk and Park Place, maybe more like Marvin Gardens.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Nobody would take that bet even if they did believe Sandy's rebuild is the greatest thing ever. I'd be shocked if he's our GM past 2014. He was loaned to the Wilpons by Selig, so that's yet another loan they're going to have to pay back pretty soon.

    I tend to agree with this.

    I'll extend that bet to 2015 with any GM in place.


    Pretty clear from the outset that SA was the price for Fred keeping the team, so whatever machinations behind the scenes SA will have been well aware of them.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,923
    vCash
    1500
    I'll give you this, Marty - few men would have the patience to sit on a computer and literally post the same exact thing (with some of the words changed around) over and over and over for hours everyday. Bravo. We get it, you don't believe in this team's owners, or its GM, or its players, or its farm system. Is there anything else you can contribute to the conversation? Like, what moves you think we should make? I challenge you to reply to this post without attacking the front office and/or those who support the front office. You've done that plenty of times as it is.

    Anyways, I expect Sandy to use the little money at his disposal to sign a free agent SP - someone like Saunders or Marcum. Obviously it wouldn't be more than a two year deal, so asking prices need to come down. And they should, eventually. And I still wouldn't be surprised at all if Hairston ends up returning.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,363
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    I'll give you this, Marty - few men would have the patience to sit on a computer and literally post the same exact thing (with some of the words changed around) over and over and over for hours everyday. Bravo. We get it, you don't believe in this team's owners, or its GM, or its players, or its farm system. Is there anything else you can contribute to the conversation? Like, what moves you think we should make? I challenge you to reply to this post without attacking the front office and/or those who support the front office. You've done that plenty of times as it is.

    Anyways, I expect Sandy to use the little money at his disposal to sign a free agent SP - someone like Saunders or Marcum. Obviously it wouldn't be more than a two year deal, so asking prices need to come down. And they should, eventually. And I still wouldn't be surprised at all if Hairston ends up returning.

    He will not do it. Mcfly has been asked too many times to and just can't.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    12,923
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    He will not do it. Mcfly has been asked too many times to and just can't.
    Still here, mac? You gotta post here more often, there's not enough pre-2006 blood around anymore.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,792
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    I'll give you this, Marty - few men would have the patience to sit on a computer and literally post the same exact thing (with some of the words changed around) over and over and over for hours everyday. Bravo. We get it, you don't believe in this team's owners, or its GM, or its players, or its farm system. Is there anything else you can contribute to the conversation? Like, what moves you think we should make? I challenge you to reply to this post without attacking the front office and/or those who support the front office. You've done that plenty of times as it is.

    Anyways, I expect Sandy to use the little money at his disposal to sign a free agent SP - someone like Saunders or Marcum. Obviously it wouldn't be more than a two year deal, so asking prices need to come down. And they should, eventually. And I still wouldn't be surprised at all if Hairston ends up returning.

    What's the point in me suggesting moves or anyone else suggesting any, when the team doesn't want to make any?

    Whenever anyone suggests a player they get shot down by people screaming that it will ruin the future. The board is absolutely terrified of the team doing anything.

    I will never buy into this garbage that unless you have a WS contending team there's no point improving it, which puts me as odds with the entire board.

    So, i'll stick to my guns and we'll see who is right. I think we're gonna see an improved team we all enjoy watching more because there's young kids on it, we may even get the odd playoff app out of it - but a consistent Philly/Boston type winner?

    No chance.

    Prior to Madoff when they were spending comparability speaking, they never showed an ounce of ambition when a couple of players may have completed the team, why would they now?

    The Coupons are in baseball to make a profit with as little risk attached as they can, especially, they're not in it to give us a dynasty. When push comes to shove, they will think what they always thought 'Well, if a b and c all go right, we'll be fine' and 'Well, we could still make the playoffs without spending, let's not do anything'.

    You all think because we're 'rebuilding' the end result is sure to be a largely home-grown monster team that contends for years, that if we just spend nothing for another 2-3 years it'll all just magically happen.

    *Saunders, Marcum and Hairston are all worth looking at, but the Mets seem to find whatever the asking price is on any player as too much or too long, when you hear the same things over and over and over and over and over again, you realize that it's just an excuse and that fan base that hates FA's and is terrified of spending a bean will lap up.

    Telling Mets fans 'We'd rather not do a b or c or even d e f g h I j or K' is music to Mets fans ears, they equate spending money with losing always have done and always will do.

    All you have to do is at hint at being prudent and Mets fans will agree with anything.
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 01-05-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •