Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Such a cop out argument in my opinion.
    It's a bit like 'Sandy must have had a reason'.

But really, what else were they going to say?

vCash
    You don't like the plan?
    Let's just say I'd like it better if I was the one getting the $150 million.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    It's a bit like 'Sandy must have had a reason'.

But really, what else were they going to say?
    They didn't have to come back. They were both very vocal to the media about a lot of things and wanting to hear the plan. If they didn't like it all they had to do is ask for a trade.

They both would have gotten paid if they asked for trades. Almost every team in major league baseball would have been knocking at our door for David Wright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Let's just say I'd like it better if I was the one getting the $150 million.
    But do you like the direction SA is taking with the team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    He could have simply asked to be traded and got 150 million dollars elsewhere.
    If he has a second half like the one he had this year, he wouldnt get $150 million, so there would be a risk involved, a big one. Plus, why would he want to go through all the trouble of moving to another city and leaving the only organization he's ever played in, the one in which fans worship him and made him the prince of the city, for the same cash?

Doubtful to say the least.
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    But do you like the direction SA is taking with the team?
    As I've said, the jury is still out as far as the direction he's taking. He's swapped out expensive all stars for blue chip prospects which could be a good thing if he adds a veteran all star or two in the not too distant future to seal the deal.

Granted, now is not the time to bring in expensive talent. But a voice in my head keeps telling me that he's going to continue to swap out expensive talent for minimum wage minor leaguers as long as the Wilpons are his employers.

And that i do not like. But we'll have to see.

vCash
    They didn't have to come back. They were both very vocal to the media about a lot of things and wanting to hear the plan. If they didn't like it all they had to do is ask for a trade.

They both would have gotten paid if they asked for trades. Almost every team in major league baseball would have been knocking at our door for David Wright.

DW didn't want to leave NY. He was always clear about that. He played the PR game and got what he wanted, SA is very believable. I wouldn't read too much into this, and I seriously doubt DW is happy about just wasting another year of his career.

vCash
    If he has a second half like the one he had this year, he wouldnt get $150 million, so there would be a risk involved, a big one. Plus, why would he want to go through all the trouble of moving to another city and leaving the only organization he's ever played in, the one in which fans worship him and made him the prince of the city, for the same cash?

Doubtful to say the least.
    I am not talking about him going into this year and having a down year. If he sat down with SA and he didn't agree with the direction of the team then he could have been traded this off season and someone would have signed him to an extension after the trade.

Are you serious with the relocate question? You have been saying DW is all about the money like most athletes. Well if another team was going to give him that type of money your now saying he wouldn't relocate for the money?

vCash
    As I've said, the jury is still out as far as the direction he's taking. He's swapped out expensive all stars for blue chip prospects which could be a good thing if he adds a veteran all star or two in the not too distant future to seal the deal.

Granted, now is not the time to bring in expensive talent. But a voice in my head keeps telling me that he's going to continue to swap out expensive talent for minimum wage minor leaguers as long as the Wilpons are his employers.

There are no big contracts left after this year to trade. You have David Wright at 20 million and Jon Niese at 5 million.

vCash

The financial machinations going on do not point to the Mets signing AS players to finish a contending team off.

vCash
    There are no big contracts left after this year to trade. You have David Wright at 20 million and Jon Niese at 5 million.
    And that's literally all the team has, two players, $33M spent.

vCash
    DW didn't want to leave NY. He was always clear about that. He played the PR game and got what he wanted, SA is very believable. I wouldn't read too much into this, and I seriously doubt DW is happy about just wasting another year of his career.
    Again this makes no sense. If he isn't happy he could have just left. Don't give me that **** about he will go through being unhappy just because he wants to stay in NY.

He always stated he wanted to finish his career here. He also said he wanted to win and to know what the plan was.

If he was going to be unhappy and didn't like the plan some other team in contention would have paid him just as much and he would be winning games a lot sooner in a different jersey.

vCash
    Again this makes no sense. If he isn't happy he could have just left. Don't give me that **** about he will go through being unhappy just because he wants to stay in NY.

He always stated he wanted to finish his career here. He also said he wanted to win and to know what the plan was.

If he was going to be unhappy and didn't like the plan some other team in contention would have paid him just as much and he would be winning games a lot sooner in a different jersey.

Could he have left and just gone anywhere he felt like and won there? I don't think so.

Do you think he likes throwing year after year away? I don't.

DW will be the Mets best ever player, he could not go to a single team and be their franchise guy, he can only be the teams signature player HERE.

I'm sure Spindy was persuasive enough, and I bet he didn't have to guarantee any payroll numbers either.

DW was a guy who wanted to stay, he would not have taken much convincing, but we'll see who is right in the end, I'll bet he was given some loose assurances, and that was enough.

I know you want to believe that DW only stayed because SA outlined a plan for world domination, but I bet that's not the case.

Can I ask you when you're going to start holding this team to account? or are you just going to keep making excuses forever?

vCash
    Could he have left and just gone anywhere he felt like and won there? I don't think so.

Do you think he likes throwing year after year away? I don't.

DW will be the Mets best ever player, he could not go to a single team and be their franchise guy, he can only be the teams signature player HERE.

I'm sure Spindy was persuasive enough, and I bet he didn't have to guarantee any payroll numbers either.

DW was a guy who wanted to stay, he would not have taken much convincing, but we'll see who is right in the end, I'll bet he was given some loose assurances, and that was enough.

I know you want to believe that DW only stayed because SA outlined a plan for world domination, but I bet that's not the case.

Can I ask you when you're going to start holding this team to account? or are you just going to keep making excuses forever?
    Not making excuses. My GM told me that this team wouldn't start to matter again until 2014.

So I am supporting that decision.

If that is his vision for the team and to clean it up from the bad contracts and change the foundation then I want him to see it through.

What I don't want is him to have a bump in the road by giving 3-4 year deals to guys like Cody Ross just because people like you want him to.

I have no problem with this team spending 200 million dollars. However it just isn't smart to do that when you are in the MIDDLE of a rebuild. You hand out the big contracts after the fact. An example is this.

Josh Hamilton is 31 years old. If we signed him are team would be better no doubt. No enough to make the playoffs better, but we would be better. However we would have to have signed him to a 6 year deal over 130. So in 2-3 years when all these minor league players are hopefully playing to potential Hamilton will be starting to decline and he will be making over 20 million a year. So now we are tied to a bad contract for a player that is on the decline. Seems counter productive.

Guys like Ludwick and Ross will only give us a few more wins and it won't matter. So anyone *****ing about winning 73 games compared to 70 is just wasting their time.

vCash
    Not making excuses. My GM told me that this team wouldn't start to matter again until 2014.

So I am supporting that decision.

If that is his vision for the team and to clean it up from the bad contracts and change the foundation then I want him to see it through.

What I don't want is him to have a bump in the road by giving 3-4 year deals to guys like Cody Ross just because people like you want him to.

I have no problem with this team spending 200 million dollars. However it just isn't smart to do that when you are in the MIDDLE of a rebuild. You hand out the big contracts after the fact. An example is this.

Josh Hamilton is 31 years old. If we signed him are team would be better no doubt. No enough to make the playoffs better, but we would be better. However we would have to have signed him to a 6 year deal over 130. So in 2-3 years when all these minor league players are hopefully playing to potential Hamilton will be starting to decline and he will be making over 20 million a year. So now we are tied to a bad contract for a player that is on the decline. Seems counter productive.

Guys like Ludwick and Ross will only give us a few more wins and it won't matter. So anyone *****ing about winning 73 games compared to 70 is just wasting their time.

The GM says a lot of things including that they're not punting the 2013 season.

Tell me how Cody Ross or a couple of relievers totally destroys the future?

But we're going to go from 70 wins to 90 wins just like that...

If they're spending next year, why are they moving payroll over to 2014, instead of clearing the decks?

If you were running the Mets now, would you want as a low payroll a base payroll number as possible for 2014?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast