Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If I can get Hairston for 3/24 or something like that, I'd do it. We have so few outfielders. Even if he ends up a platoon hitter, that would be better than nothing.

vCash
    When Selig retires in two years, who is next in line to be Commisioner, Sandy?
    If so, I think the Wilpons will be here to stay.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    You would be correct if Selig did not set the precedent for stepping in on the McCourt situation.
    Ownership's situation is the result of a crime perpetuated against them, and ownership deserves the opportunity to recover in good time. Would you kick a mugging victim lying in the street in the nuts? Otherwise, Selig very likely has confidence in their plan -- something he did not have with McCourt.

This article by John Heyman covers the differences:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ons/index.html

What is it that you do not see? Sometimes I wonder if you are really just busting balls and have been a master at taking this joke to proportions that no other human being would. If that is the case- well played sir.
    Sorry. I'm a straight shooter.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-03-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    If I can get Hairston for 3/24 or something like that, I'd do it. We have so few outfielders. Even if he ends up a platoon hitter, that would be better than nothing.
    It's entirely possible Hairston will have to settle for a 1+ 1 contract at best. No way he sees 3 guaranteed years.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    It's not my job to GM the baseball team, get me SA's baseball contacts, and his office, oh and his salary and i'll get started.

Cool?

Tell me, when someone complain to you about a dud movie, do you say to them 'Well, what would you have done?'
    In part, in order for you to evaluate his performance, you should to be able to contrast his efforts versus other options available to him. What were those options?
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Ownership's situation is the result of a crime perpetuated against them, and ownership deserves the opportunity to recover in good time. Would you kick a mugging victim lying in the street in the nuts? Otherwise, Selig very likely has confidence in their plan -- something he did not have with McCourt.

This article by John Heyman covers the differences:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ons/index.html

Sorry. I'm a straight shooter.
    In 2011, when this article was posted, I still do not think I would have agreed with the premises, but certainly not now. It first of all makes the point that the primary difference is that the Mets do not use the team as their personal piggy bank, while the Dodgers do. Its ironic that you quote this in this tread, because that is exactly what is taking place in this thread- the Mets are using SNY as their personal piggy bank- while the 2013 Dodgers, ironically, are highlighting the new network as one of the primary reasons that they are dumping so much money BACK INTO THE TEAM

vCash
    In 2011, when this article was posted, I still do not think I would have agreed with the premises, but certainly not now. It first of all makes the point that the primary difference is that the Mets do not use the team as their personal piggy bank, while the Dodgers do. Its ironic that you quote this in this tread, because that is exactly what is taking place in this thread- the Mets are using SNY as their personal piggy bank- while the 2013 Dodgers, ironically, are highlighting the new network as one of the primary reasons that they are dumping so much money BACK INTO THE TEAM
    You are referring to Coupon's speculation? There's fantasy and then there's reality. Guess which is which in my book.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    I like Hairston but hell no. Thats a Castillo contract.

Let me find out the Wilpons are strapped for cash and then dish out 24M to Hairston. Lol.

vCash
    Yeah, pass on Ross for 3/26, but sign Hairston for 3/24? LOL

vCash
    If Scott were to get a contract that big, he would've got it by now. Teams still see him as a glorified power hitting pinch hitter, I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yeah, pass on Ross for 3/26, but sign Hairston for 3/24? LOL
    Well Ross isn't available anymore, we have no other options, no outfielders at all, and a boatload of cash (in future years). Plus Pagan got 4/40, so 3/24 wouldn't necessarily be insane in this environment. Well, let's say 3/21 if you can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    If Scott were to get a contract that big, he would've got it by now. Teams still see him as a glorified power hitting pinch hitter, I guess.
    Desperation

vCash

Mets may now be able to afford a Major League Player...

They signed Quintanilla, the purse has been opened.

vCash
    Desperation
    I don't think it'd be for 8 million bucks for 3 guarenteed years. The most I see him getting is 2/12.

vCash
    That's $8 million oer year for Hairston. Isn't that what Castillo made his last few years???? And we all complained about that.

Way too much $$$$ money for Hairston.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast