Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 218
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,524
    vCash
    1500
    If I can get Hairston for 3/24 or something like that, I'd do it. We have so few outfielders. Even if he ends up a platoon hitter, that would be better than nothing.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New York,NY
    Posts
    2,329
    vCash
    1500
    When Selig retires in two years, who is next in line to be Commisioner, Sandy?
    If so, I think the Wilpons will be here to stay.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,756
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    You would be correct if Selig did not set the precedent for stepping in on the McCourt situation.
    Ownership's situation is the result of a crime perpetuated against them, and ownership deserves the opportunity to recover in good time. Would you kick a mugging victim lying in the street in the nuts? Otherwise, Selig very likely has confidence in their plan -- something he did not have with McCourt.

    This article by John Heyman covers the differences:

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ons/index.html

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    What is it that you do not see? Sometimes I wonder if you are really just busting balls and have been a master at taking this joke to proportions that no other human being would. If that is the case- well played sir.
    Sorry. I'm a straight shooter.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-03-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,756
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    If I can get Hairston for 3/24 or something like that, I'd do it. We have so few outfielders. Even if he ends up a platoon hitter, that would be better than nothing.
    It's entirely possible Hairston will have to settle for a 1+ 1 contract at best. No way he sees 3 guaranteed years.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,756
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    It's not my job to GM the baseball team, get me SA's baseball contacts, and his office, oh and his salary and i'll get started.

    Cool?

    Tell me, when someone complain to you about a dud movie, do you say to them 'Well, what would you have done?'
    In part, in order for you to evaluate his performance, you should to be able to contrast his efforts versus other options available to him. What were those options?
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bricktucky, NJ
    Posts
    1,401
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Ownership's situation is the result of a crime perpetuated against them, and ownership deserves the opportunity to recover in good time. Would you kick a mugging victim lying in the street in the nuts? Otherwise, Selig very likely has confidence in their plan -- something he did not have with McCourt.

    This article by John Heyman covers the differences:

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ons/index.html



    Sorry. I'm a straight shooter.
    In 2011, when this article was posted, I still do not think I would have agreed with the premises, but certainly not now. It first of all makes the point that the primary difference is that the Mets do not use the team as their personal piggy bank, while the Dodgers do. Its ironic that you quote this in this tread, because that is exactly what is taking place in this thread- the Mets are using SNY as their personal piggy bank- while the 2013 Dodgers, ironically, are highlighting the new network as one of the primary reasons that they are dumping so much money BACK INTO THE TEAM

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,756
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    In 2011, when this article was posted, I still do not think I would have agreed with the premises, but certainly not now. It first of all makes the point that the primary difference is that the Mets do not use the team as their personal piggy bank, while the Dodgers do. Its ironic that you quote this in this tread, because that is exactly what is taking place in this thread- the Mets are using SNY as their personal piggy bank- while the 2013 Dodgers, ironically, are highlighting the new network as one of the primary reasons that they are dumping so much money BACK INTO THE TEAM
    You are referring to Coupon's speculation? There's fantasy and then there's reality. Guess which is which in my book.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,419
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    If I can get Hairston for 3/24 or something like that, I'd do it. We have so few outfielders. Even if he ends up a platoon hitter, that would be better than nothing.
    I like Hairston but hell no. Thats a Castillo contract.

    Let me find out the Wilpons are strapped for cash and then dish out 24M to Hairston. Lol.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    54,750
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, pass on Ross for 3/26, but sign Hairston for 3/24? LOL

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    If Scott were to get a contract that big, he would've got it by now. Teams still see him as a glorified power hitting pinch hitter, I guess.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,524
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yeah, pass on Ross for 3/26, but sign Hairston for 3/24? LOL
    Well Ross isn't available anymore, we have no other options, no outfielders at all, and a boatload of cash (in future years). Plus Pagan got 4/40, so 3/24 wouldn't necessarily be insane in this environment. Well, let's say 3/21 if you can.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,524
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    If Scott were to get a contract that big, he would've got it by now. Teams still see him as a glorified power hitting pinch hitter, I guess.
    Desperation

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,527
    vCash
    1500

    Mets may now be able to afford a Major League Player...

    They signed Quintanilla, the purse has been opened.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Desperation
    I don't think it'd be for 8 million bucks for 3 guarenteed years. The most I see him getting is 2/12.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    If I can get Hairston for 3/24 or something like that, I'd do it. We have so few outfielders. Even if he ends up a platoon hitter, that would be better than nothing.
    That's $8 million oer year for Hairston. Isn't that what Castillo made his last few years???? And we all complained about that.

    Way too much $$$$ money for Hairston.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •