Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    whats funny is even though so many free agents have signed already, there's still some left that could help us contend this yr. I still think there's no way we contend this yr, but just for fun, if we were to sign Bourn to a 3 yr deal and Delmon Young to maybe a 2 or 3 yr deal, plus Marcum.... we'd have a solid team this yr. Virtually no chance of that happening though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Well, yes. I'll say what was bad about it and what could've been done to make it better.

Don't bash others, their ideas, and what they do when you have no idea what you're doing yourself, considering all you've done is complain about something you don't know how to fix yourself.

That's not what I asked, do you go round lecturing people that they should do a better job than the Director?

Your argument is childish, it negates any critique with the old 'Could you do better?' line, were we to extend that to every sphere of life we would be unable to complain about anything from, the latest novel, to a cup of coffee, a football team or anything.

The whole premise is ridiculous, I do not possess anything like the information that SA does.

You may live in a world where you just accept what you're given, I do not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    whats funny is even though so many free agents have signed already, there's still some left that could help us contend this yr. I still think there's no way we contend this yr, but just for fun, if we were to sign Bourn to a 3 yr deal and Delmon Young to maybe a 2 or 3 yr deal, plus Marcum.... we'd have a solid team this yr. Virtually no chance of that happening though.
    Signing Bourne would cause the Mets to lose the #11 pick in the draft. I'm really curious what happens to Bourne. No one seems to want to bite and lose the pick, or pay the money I guess.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    I just realized something I was doing. I've gotten to the point where I just automatically pass over every Marty McFly post. It's almost become like a gag reflex.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    That's not what I asked, do you go round lecturing people that they should do a better job than the Director?
    Your argument is childish, it negates any critique with the old 'Could you do better?' line, were we to extend that to every sphere of life we would be unable to complain about anything from, the latest novel, to a cup of coffee, a football team or anything.

The whole premise is ridiculous, I do not possess anything like the information that SA does.

You may live in a world where you just accept what you're given, I do not.

When the person goes," OHHH THAT DIRECTOR AND THAT MOVIE WERE SO BAD! THAT WAS TERRIBLE! OH MY GOD A MONKEY COULD DO A BETTER JOB!!!" the yes, I'd ask why do you say that. And I hope they wouldn't respond with, "Well that's not my job," because that's just plain ignorant.

You still haven't answered on what you would do, yet you still think you're ideas are the greatest and Sandy, the rest of the Mets' FO, and board members on here are idiots. When asked, you simply avoid the question because you know that there's nothing that you, me, Sandy, or anybody else could do with what Sandy has been given.

vCash
    Both David Wright and R.A. Dickey stated they were totally sold on SA's plan for the future of the Mets. It's slightly amusing and a little sad that trading RA turned out to be part of the plan, but the plan is what it is.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Both David Wright and R.A. Dickey stated they were totally sold on SA's plan for the future of the Mets. It's slightly amusing and a little sad that trading RA turned out to be part of the plan, but the plan is what it is.
    Pay me $150 million and I'd be totally sold on the "plan" too. Not that i would actually care what the "plan" was, as long as the checks didn't bounce.

It's slightly amusing that anyone would think Wright would have turned down $150 million if he didn't like "SA's plan."
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Pay me $150 million and I'd be totally sold on the "plan" too. Not that i would actually care what the "plan" was, as long as the checks didn't bounce.

It's slightly amusing that anyone would think Wright would have turned down $150 million if he didn't like "SA's plan."
    He could have simply asked to be traded and got 150 million dollars elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    That's $8 million oer year for Hairston. Isn't that what Castillo made his last few years???? And we all complained about that.

Way too much $$$$ money for Hairston.
    Yeah. While we all want Hairston back, none of us has to open his check book wallet or speak to his agent.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METMANYAK View Post
    I just realized something I was doing. I've gotten to the point where I just automatically pass over every Marty McFly post. It's almost become like a gag reflex.
    I just block him. If I care to read it I can just view the post. If I didn't block him or Coupon I probably would end up getting banned because I was getting fed up with the nonsense.

They shouldn't be allowed to derail threads with their money and conspiracy talk. I am so sick of talking about money and would rather talk about the team we have.

If people are this mad that they have to ruin an entire forum than just go root for another team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    When the person goes," OHHH THAT DIRECTOR AND THAT MOVIE WERE SO BAD! THAT WAS TERRIBLE! OH MY GOD A MONKEY COULD DO A BETTER JOB!!!" the yes, I'd ask why do you say that. And I hope they wouldn't respond with, "Well that's not my job," because that's just plain ignorant.

You still haven't answered on what you would do, yet you still think you're ideas are the greatest and Sandy, the rest of the Mets' FO, and board members on here are idiots. When asked, you simply avoid the question because you know that there's nothing that you, me, Sandy, or anybody else could do with what Sandy has been given.

Listen you're entitled to keep giving the Mets and SA free passes for failing to improve the team, I won't though. If you're more comfortable with the notion that everything is hunky dory and we're on the right track and we could not be doing anything better then great.

There's no need to keep exaggerating either, just because I refuse to toe the party line.

The notion that a 74 win team could not in any way have improved itself this Winter is one that is not even worth consideration, and that's the basic premise of all the people who have been totally entranced by Sandy Alderson.

Why would I come up with alternative short plan, when the FO doesn't have one? they have just punted next season, they have thrown it on the bonfire. But that's fine with you all you Alderson junkies...

I have been hearing that this teams fortunes would improve every year since at least and including 2011, and what's happened? just more wasted years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    What else were the going to say?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

You don't like the plan?

vCash
    The reason Hairston is still a free agent is because he is a platoon player who is asking for multiple years at 6-8 million a year. Not to mention before 2012 he wasn't very good.

I am sure Sandy has no problem resigning the guy. However he will wait out the market and if no one signs Hairston I am sure he will return on a one year deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    What else were the going to say?
    Such a cop out argument in my opinion.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast