Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mets may now be able to afford a Major League Player...

The owners of the Mets have scored some financial relief.

After a months-long process, team owners Fred Wilpon and Saul Katz have refinanced $450 million in loans borrowed against cable network SportsNet New York, which airs Mets games, The Post has learned.

While the financial terms could not be learned, some of the proceeds are expected to go toward funding the cash-strapped teamís day-to-day operations.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...aSjb5trNWTNwTP

Scott Hairston, here we come.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    Good news.

It should provide ownership with greater stability by eliminating any massive payments due in the near future (Adam Rubin).

Fans should accept the idea that the Wilpons and Katz are not going to sell the team, and any news that helps ownership maintain liquidity and cash flow is good news.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-03-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Its a shell game. It would make me happy if we signed a player or two who actually are MAJOR LEAGUE QUALITY that can contribute daily!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    One long shell game.

vCash
    refinancing loans oh yeah they are going to spend tons of money. This just shows that they have absolutely no money to spend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    refinancing loans oh yeah they are going to spend tons of money. This just shows that they have absolutely no money to spend
    How anyone can see this as good news is quite remarkable. This doesn't help the team on the field 1 iota.

You may as well walk up to a guy living under a a bridge and try to sell him stocks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Its a shell game. It would make me happy if we signed a player or two who actually are MAJOR LEAGUE QUALITY that can contribute daily!
    Point out to me one of those on the FA market that actually makes sense for this team...

vCash
    All this means is that the Wilpons will do whatever they can to keep ownership of the team, underscoring the fact that their limited resources will force them to operate on the cheap.

In other words, moar Andrew Browns.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    This isn't even laughable anymore Selig needs to step in. This shows that the Mets are going to be in tons of debt for the foreseeable future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Good news.

It should provide ownership with greater stability by eliminating any massive payments due in the near future (Adam Rubin).

Fans should accept the idea that the Wilpons and Katz are not going to sell the team, and any news that helps ownership maintain liquidity and cash flow is good news.
    You would be correct if Selig did not set the precedent for stepping in on the McCourt situation. Since the precedent has been set, and many of us see the current Mets situation as more laughable than the Dodgers situation, than, we do have reason to continue to hope that they are forced to sell.

And in case you are asking in what way our situation is worse than the Dodgers:
    -Our payroll is already lower than theirs ever dropped
    -Our payroll for next year is potentially way lower than theirs ever dropped
    -Both had to take loans to meet payroll
    -Both had negative off the field situations that began to have direct connection to their running of the team
    -Baseball stepped in because the Dodgers represent a large and critical market. We play in an even larger and more critical market

What is it that you do not see? Sometimes I wonder if you are really just busting balls and have been a master at taking this joke to proportions that no other human being would. If that is the case- well played sir

vCash
    Just when I was acclimating myself to the parade of APHs.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    Point out to me one of those on the FA market that actually makes sense for this team...
    Wait, isn't that Sandy's job?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Wait, isn't that Sandy's job?
    You keep bashing Sandy for not doing anything, yet you avoid the question every time someone asks what you would do.

Cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    You keep bashing Sandy for not doing anything, yet you avoid the question every time someone asks what you would do.

Cool.

It's not my job to GM the baseball team, get me SA's baseball contacts, and his office, oh and his salary and i'll get started.

Cool?

Tell me, when someone complain to you about a dud movie, do you say to them 'Well, what would you have done?'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    It's not my job to GM the baseball team, get me SA's baseball contacts, and his office, oh and his salary and i'll get started.

Cool?

Tell me, when someone complain to you about a dud movie, do you say to them 'Well, what would you have done?'
    Well, yes. I'll say what was bad about it and what could've been done to make it better.

Don't bash others, their ideas, and what they do when you have no idea what you're doing yourself, considering all you've done is complain about something you don't know how to fix yourself.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast