Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,611
    vCash
    1500

    Interesting quote from Mayhew

    Yesterday Mayhew cam out and said he would be back for sure for another chance at saving this team next year. Schwartz, however, declined to comment on that topic. Maybe looking into it too much, but why would Mayhew answer to say he is back for sure, while Schwartz declined to comment. Maybe his future is not certain after all?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,441
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    Yesterday Mayhew cam out and said he would be back for sure for another chance at saving this team next year. Schwartz, however, declined to comment on that topic. Maybe looking into it too much, but why would Mayhew answer to say he is back for sure, while Schwartz declined to comment. Maybe his future is not certain after all?
    Did Mayhew say that? I thought he said the Fords said nothing to them about them being fired...nothing more.




    2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Under your mom's bed.
    Posts
    3,217
    vCash
    1500
    Because Schwartz never says ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING!!! He has such an arrogant attitude that has not been deserved or earned in ANY way what so ever.


    Scrap Detroit!!

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    lukass' closet
    Posts
    4,464
    vCash
    1500
    I read something on the bottom of ESPN this morning that Mayhew expects himself and schwartz back. Supposedly the Fords are not happy with the image of the team and Schwartz management skills. I believe Chris Mortensen reported this.

    Again this is what I read of ESPN this morning

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,622
    vCash
    1500
    Him and Schwartz are staying breh

    Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

    http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,154
    vCash
    2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    I read something on the bottom of ESPN this morning that Mayhew expects himself and schwartz back. Supposedly the Fords are not happy with the image of the team and Schwartz management skills. I believe Chris Mortensen reported this.

    Again this is what I read of ESPN this morning
    I wouldn't be either but with Ford's track record you can expect both to stay. Look how long Millen lasted here.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    2,116
    vCash
    1600
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    I read something on the bottom of ESPN this morning that Mayhew expects himself and schwartz back. Supposedly the Fords are not happy with the image of the team and Schwartz management skills. I believe Chris Mortensen reported this.

    Again this is what I read of ESPN this morning
    I wouldn't be either but with Ford's track record you can expect both to stay. Look how long Millen lasted here.
    I know what you mean by the Millen comment but Millen never embarrassed the organization in the street like the players are
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup


    Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    25,583
    vCash
    1500
    i think ford JR might be starting to pull the strings a bit more... which could be a good thing.

    LFLOL & LFFS after secretly glancing at the ***** forum
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    2,116
    vCash
    1600

    Interesting quote from Mayhew

    The fords treat the car company like a wife and the football team like a side piece
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup


    Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    1,217
    vCash
    1500
    Martin Mayhew's 'biggest mistake'
    January, 3, 2013
    JAN 3
    7:15
    AM ET
    By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com
    We're Black and Blue All Over:

    You can go ahead and put running back near the top of the Detroit Lions' offseason shopping list. Again.

    Lions general manager Martin Mayhew gave a candid interview Wednesday night to local reporters, admitting that "the biggest mistake I made last year" was counting on Jahvid Best to return from a concussion suffered in October 2011. Mayhew said that "I'm not at all inclined to rely on his return at this point" and added he should have had an alternate plan to provide a running back of Best's skill set in 2012. Carlos Monarrez of the Detroit Free Press has the full story.

    Mayhew did claim that Best is the first player in NFL history (that he is aware of) "who was asymptomatic that wanted to play that wasn't allowed to play," implying doctors have held him to a new standard.

    I applaud Mayhew's honesty, but we should point out that doctors aren't at fault here. No matter what their approach was, Mayhew's job as general manager is to plan for the worst-case scenario. He fell short.
    Exactly

    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 14-0 ACC: 8-0 (BCS National Champions )

    Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 37-27-14 Pts.: 88
    Detroit LionsWelcome to Detroit Jim Caldwell!!!
    Detroit Tigers 4-1
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Good Season Boys!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,154
    vCash
    2000
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    I know what you mean by the Millen comment but Millen never embarrassed the organization in the street like the players are
    I'd argue 0-16 was the ultimate embarrassment but I understand what you mean. The players are making the team look more so criminals than just a crappy team.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    2,116
    vCash
    1600
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    I know what you mean by the Millen comment but Millen never embarrassed the organization in the street like the players are
    I'd argue 0-16 was the ultimate embarrassment but I understand what you mean. The players are making the team look more so criminals than just a crappy team.
    Point taken lol
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup


    Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,045
    vCash
    1500
    The Fords have never had a problem firing a head coach. Schwartz has a job next year based solely on the fumes from last year's playoff season. He craps the bed again and he's history.

    Don't know if it's been posted here yet, but did anyone else find it odd that Mayhew didn't allow cameras or recording devices of any kind in the press conference yesterday? The level of secrecy makes me wonder of these guys are more interested in all this cloak and dagger BS than they are running a successful football program.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dirty Mitten
    Posts
    15,251
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'd argue 0-16 was the ultimate embarrassment but I understand what you mean. The players are making the team look more so criminals than just a crappy team.
    Mayhew was the GM for more of them games than Millen...

    #85

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,154
    vCash
    2000
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    Mayhew was the GM for more of them games than Millen...
    But Millen had a hand in the mess that lead up to that point.



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •