Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Interesting quote from Mayhew

Yesterday Mayhew cam out and said he would be back for sure for another chance at saving this team next year. Schwartz, however, declined to comment on that topic. Maybe looking into it too much, but why would Mayhew answer to say he is back for sure, while Schwartz declined to comment. Maybe his future is not certain after all?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    Yesterday Mayhew cam out and said he would be back for sure for another chance at saving this team next year. Schwartz, however, declined to comment on that topic. Maybe looking into it too much, but why would Mayhew answer to say he is back for sure, while Schwartz declined to comment. Maybe his future is not certain after all?
    Did Mayhew say that? I thought he said the Fords said nothing to them about them being fired...nothing more.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    Because Schwartz never says ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING!!! He has such an arrogant attitude that has not been deserved or earned in ANY way what so ever.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    I read something on the bottom of ESPN this morning that Mayhew expects himself and schwartz back. Supposedly the Fords are not happy with the image of the team and Schwartz management skills. I believe Chris Mortensen reported this.

Again this is what I read of ESPN this morning

vCash
    Him and Schwartz are staying breh

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    I read something on the bottom of ESPN this morning that Mayhew expects himself and schwartz back. Supposedly the Fords are not happy with the image of the team and Schwartz management skills. I believe Chris Mortensen reported this.

I wouldn't be either but with Ford's track record you can expect both to stay. Look how long Millen lasted here.

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post

I wouldn't be either but with Ford's track record you can expect both to stay. Look how long Millen lasted here.
    I know what you mean by the Millen comment but Millen never embarrassed the organization in the street like the players are
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    i think ford JR might be starting to pull the strings a bit more... which could be a good thing.

LFLOL & LFFS after secretly glancing at the ***** forum
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash

Interesting quote from Mayhew

The fords treat the car company like a wife and the football team like a side piece

vCash
    Martin Mayhew's 'biggest mistake'
    January, 3, 2013
    JAN 3
    7:15
    AM ET
    By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com
    We're Black and Blue All Over:

You can go ahead and put running back near the top of the Detroit Lions' offseason shopping list. Again.

Lions general manager Martin Mayhew gave a candid interview Wednesday night to local reporters, admitting that "the biggest mistake I made last year" was counting on Jahvid Best to return from a concussion suffered in October 2011. Mayhew said that "I'm not at all inclined to rely on his return at this point" and added he should have had an alternate plan to provide a running back of Best's skill set in 2012. Carlos Monarrez of the Detroit Free Press has the full story.

Mayhew did claim that Best is the first player in NFL history (that he is aware of) "who was asymptomatic that wanted to play that wasn't allowed to play," implying doctors have held him to a new standard.

I applaud Mayhew's honesty, but we should point out that doctors aren't at fault here. No matter what their approach was, Mayhew's job as general manager is to plan for the worst-case scenario. He fell short.
    Exactly

Florida State Seminoles Overall: 14-0 ACC: 8-0 (BCS National Champions )

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 37-27-14 Pts.: 88
    Detroit LionsWelcome to Detroit Jim Caldwell!!!
    Detroit Tigers 4-1
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Good Season Boys!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    I know what you mean by the Millen comment but Millen never embarrassed the organization in the street like the players are
    I'd argue 0-16 was the ultimate embarrassment but I understand what you mean. The players are making the team look more so criminals than just a crappy team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    I'd argue 0-16 was the ultimate embarrassment but I understand what you mean. The players are making the team look more so criminals than just a crappy team.
    Point taken lol

vCash
    The Fords have never had a problem firing a head coach. Schwartz has a job next year based solely on the fumes from last year's playoff season. He craps the bed again and he's history.

Don't know if it's been posted here yet, but did anyone else find it odd that Mayhew didn't allow cameras or recording devices of any kind in the press conference yesterday? The level of secrecy makes me wonder of these guys are more interested in all this cloak and dagger BS than they are running a successful football program.

vCash
    Mayhew was the GM for more of them games than Millen...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    Mayhew was the GM for more of them games than Millen...
    But Millen had a hand in the mess that lead up to that point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast