Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Revis reportedly wants the biggest defender's contract in NFL history, so we can pretty much assume he's coming nowhere near Carolina. The current biggest contract belongs to Mario Williams at 6 years for $96M. Revis also supposedly wants $60M guaranteed. ACL + outrageous contract + loss of major draft picks + his diva attitude = no thanks anyway.

vCash
    Yup, not interested at that price.

vCash
    Not interested at that attitude. Typically, one of two things will happen with divas:

a) They tear their team apart. They're a cancer in the locker room and their salaries impede the team's ability to get other talent. This is particularly the case when there's no strong player leadership in the locker room.

b) They are utterly ineffective. They get discouraged when they aren't the center of attention, and even though they may still put in the work, their passion isn't in it.

There's also the rare case when a diva wants to win and has a high amount of respect for the team he's going to. He may put aside his petty nature for that opportunity. A prime example (and the only one I can think of) is when Randy Moss went to the Patriots. He shelved his diva attitude for several years before he (presumably) got bored.

Given the leadership of guys like Beason, Davis, Smith, Gross, etc., I don't think anyone would have the ability to come in and wreck the locker room. It would make the jobs of Newton and Kuechly -- the future leaders of the team -- harder, but they have positive guys to learn from. As such, we would probably fall into the second category: the guy wouldn't be the center of attention, he'd lose some of his passion, and his play would decline. I know nothing about Asomugha's attitude, but it's worth considering whether this led to his decline when he signed with the Eagles (of course, there's also his age, so it may not be attitude-related).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    Not interested at that attitude. Typically, one of two things will happen with divas:

a) They tear their team apart. They're a cancer in the locker room and their salaries impede the team's ability to get other talent. This is particularly the case when there's no strong player leadership in the locker room.

b) They are utterly ineffective. They get discouraged when they aren't the center of attention, and even though they may still put in the work, their passion isn't in it.

There's also the rare case when a diva wants to win and has a high amount of respect for the team he's going to. He may put aside his petty nature for that opportunity. A prime example (and the only one I can think of) is when Randy Moss went to the Patriots. He shelved his diva attitude for several years before he (presumably) got bored.

Given the leadership of guys like Beason, Davis, Smith, Gross, etc., I don't think anyone would have the ability to come in and wreck the locker room. It would make the jobs of Newton and Kuechly -- the future leaders of the team -- harder, but they have positive guys to learn from. As such, we would probably fall into the second category: the guy wouldn't be the center of attention, he'd lose some of his passion, and his play would decline. I know nothing about Asomugha's attitude, but it's worth considering whether this led to his decline when he signed with the Eagles (of course, there's also his age, so it may not be attitude-related).
    On topic of Asomugha, how would everyone feel if we signed him after he's cut (and Gamble, of course)? For a contract similar to Eric Wright's (5 year, $38M), plus add in stipulations like all of his guaranteed money comes in the first two years, and I think he'd be worth taking a shot on. He never had a chance in Philly given that they did nothing to help his play-style, plus they didn't have as good of a front seven as we do.

vCash
    I would take a shot on Aso, depending on the price. I do expect Philly will cut him. The only problem is he is only properly utilized in press-man coverage, and we don't run a lot of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I would take a shot on Aso, depending on the price. I do expect Philly will cut him. The only problem is he is only properly utilized in press-man coverage, and we don't run a lot of that.
    That was how I felt about it too, but really the defense we run seems to be extremely friendly to CBs, so I'd think he wouldn't have a hard time with it.

According to some numbers CSR posted the other day, apparently we ran zone plays 80% of the time, so I definitely don't want us to overpay for a top 10 CB when all of them thrive in man coverage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That was how I felt about it too, but really the defense we run seems to be extremely friendly to CBs, so I'd think he wouldn't have a hard time with it.

According to some numbers CSR posted the other day, apparently we ran zone plays 80% of the time, so I definitely don't want us to overpay for a top 10 CB when all of them thrive in man coverage.
    That number seems accurate to me. I bought NFL League Pass, so I'm hoping to re-watch all of our games at some point (which will be a painful experience at times), and get a good feel for stuff like that.

vCash
    That number seems accurate to me. I bought NFL League Pass, so I'm hoping to re-watch all of our games at some point (which will be a painful experience at times), and get a good feel for stuff like that.
    Lol, I don't think I could rewatch the Seahawks game again if someone paid me.

vCash
    haha so true

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    It will be painful, but I'll have to fight through it in the name of knowledge. Giants game is going to be bad too.

vCash
    It will be painful, but I'll have to fight through it in the name of knowledge. Giants game is going to be bad too.
    That one will be painful, but I think the "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" games will hurt the most. But they should also provide the best chance to learn.

vCash
    Just to make the feels even worse you should pull up every "Scam Newton Does It Again!!!!" article that was posted the day after the Giants game. Maybe you could even read the articles that hyped Carolina prior to that game just to remind yourself of how hopeful we were in week 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    That one will be painful, but I think the "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" games will hurt the most. But they should also provide the best chance to learn.
    The cool thing about it is you can get the all-22 coaches film shots too. I don't think I really want to watch an entire game like that, but it will be useful at opportune times.

Just to make the feels even worse you should pull up every "Scam Newton Does It Again!!!!" article that was posted the day after the Giants game. Maybe you could even read the articles that hyped Carolina prior to that game just to remind yourself of how hopeful we were in week 3.
    Haha, that period of time was just absurd. National media is so out of touch when it comes to small markets like Charlotte.

vCash
    Unfortunately I've been reading more CSR articles to curb my lack of real news relevant the Panthers (though, much better than people thinking Newton is on the verge of life in a wheelchair lol) and saw an article a fan wrote about potential trades for Carolina:

"Trade #1- Jordan Gross to Chicago Bears for 2nd rounder (~#52) (maybe 3rd)
    Trade #2- Panther's 1st rounder for Seattle's 1st (#25) and 2nd rounders (~#57)
    Trade #3- Panthers trade Jonathan Stewart or D-Will (whichever they want, hopefully J-Stew IMO) to Pats for 3rd rounder"

Obviously I cringed at the thought of trading Gross (at all, much less a 2nd/3rd rounder) given our situation on the OL, but for a 1st round pick + picking up the salary space we'd get by trading Gross, I could possible reconsider... That being said, that idea is probably terrible.

As I've mentioned before, I love the idea of trading back, and another 2nd rounder would be great.

Trade 3 is probably one we'd have to take if someone offered. A draft pick + losing one of our HB's cap hits would be very helpful to moving this team to what it needs to be (not a 3-RB power run system).

I feel like I'd be cool with receiving any sort of compensation for one of our HBs (unless the plan is to go back to the two-headed running system and they restructure), am I the only one?

vCash
    Unfortunately I've been reading more CSR articles to curb my lack of real news relevant the Panthers (though, much better than people thinking Newton is on the verge of life in a wheelchair lol) and saw an article a fan wrote about potential trades for Carolina:

"Trade #1- Jordan Gross to Chicago Bears for 2nd rounder (~#52) (maybe 3rd)
    Trade #2- Panther's 1st rounder for Seattle's 1st (#25) and 2nd rounders (~#57)
    Trade #3- Panthers trade Jonathan Stewart or D-Will (whichever they want, hopefully J-Stew IMO) to Pats for 3rd rounder"

Obviously I cringed at the thought of trading Gross (at all, much less a 2nd/3rd rounder) given our situation on the OL, but for a 1st round pick + picking up the salary space we'd get by trading Gross, I could possible reconsider... That being said, that idea is probably terrible.

As I've mentioned before, I love the idea of trading back, and another 2nd rounder would be great.

Trade 3 is probably one we'd have to take if someone offered. A draft pick + losing one of our HB's cap hits would be very helpful to moving this team to what it needs to be (not a 3-RB power run system).

I feel like I'd be cool with receiving any sort of compensation for one of our HBs (unless the plan is to go back to the two-headed running system and they restructure), am I the only one?
    Trade #1 would be horrible. Gross is being paid a lot of money, but we have no other options at LT. Fisher and Joeckel are going to go in the top 10, Joeckel in the top 5. I don't want to have to trade up to get one of them, and I'm not sure any of the other tackles will be ready to start at LT day one.

I like Trade #2 if the Seahawks are interested, but I think we could actually get more based on the NFL Trade Value Chart.

I would only be comfortable with Trade #3 if it is for Williams. Stewart is the better, younger back that we need to keep around. Overall, though, I would like to give Double Trouble one more year.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast