Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    @ homestar, I rebutted your previous comment,but the mod fealt the subject matter was inappropriate(racism) I am replying here to assure you the comment was in no way derogatory to you or anyone else.

I dont beleive everyone who dislikes Obama is prejudiced,but im confident that a lot of people who do dislike him have been misled by Republican Propoganda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    @ homestar, I rebutted your previous comment,but the mod fealt the subject matter was inappropriate(racism) I am replying here to assure you the comment was in no way derogatory to you or anyone else.

I dont beleive everyone who dislikes Obama is prejudiced,but im confident that a lot of people who do dislike him have been misled by Republican Propoganda.
    Obama is pretty damn unlikable for a lot of people, propaganda or not.

vCash
    what grounds?
    please enlighten me....
    I can see how his professorial, In too cool for you persona wouldnt neccesarily engratiate him to many, but Public office shouldnt be a popularity constest as it more ofetn then not is.
    So Please, share with me vrom a policy perspective something, anything actually matrial and relevant that he has done to earn a poor "grade".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    what grounds?
    please enlighten me....
    I can see how his professorial, In too cool for you persona wouldnt neccesarily engratiate him to many, but Public office shouldnt be a popularity constest as it more ofetn then not is.
    So Please, share with me vrom a policy perspective something, anything actually matrial and relevant that he has done to earn a poor "grade".
    This is part of it, though. Will it be anything more than a historical nugget about him 50 years from now? Probably not, but it is part of how people perceive him today, and, like you said, it doesn't ingratiate him to many people.

Well, I'll tell you one that hit very close to home for me. In South Carolina, Obama and his administration (through the NLRB) did what they could to block the opening of a Boeing plant in Charleston, and even had the gall to ask for the 787 Dreamliners to be sent back to Washington state. This is all because South Carolina is a "right to work" state, and the administration didn't want to disappoint the union bosses.

The Keystone Pipeline ordeal was also a big mistake. He again had a chance to add jobs, and instead killed them. After he tried to sell himself as a job creator, these are two very public events that made it obvious that isn't the case.

Then, of course, you have his giant failure of a stimulus bill that had such ridiculous expenditures as a butterfly garden and numerous local historical museums that had zero national impact.

I'll finish up with his Obamacare. You can debate the merits and demerits of this ad nauseum, and there are some that we may not even understand until the coming years, but the fact that everyone is forced to have health care, one way or another, is ridiculous. If people don't want health care, they shouldn't have to have it. On the other hand, the people of the United States should not be saddled with having to pay for every person's health care who can't afford it. I know you will disagree with this, but lets not turn a thread that has little to do with government-controlled healthcare into one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post

....but the fact that everyone is forced to have health care, one way or another, is ridiculous. If people don't want health care, they shouldn't have to have it. On the other hand, the people of the United States should not be saddled with having to pay for every person's health care who can't afford it.
    It may be the wrong topic, but I can't let this amoral stupidity pass without comment. Mr. Kyle isn't the only one who would totally disagree with this typically crazy US right wing (sorry, there's no other way to put it) point of view. The citizens of the entire rest of the civilized world, right wingers included, would also disagree with this because everyone else except some strange Americans accepts the common sense of some kind of an all inclusive 'national' health care system that everyone contributes to.

Your statement above is typical of what the English call the "I'm alright, Jack" attitude. I'm sure you are covered because you can afford health insurance, or you have a job that provides it. You're ok, so **** everybody else. Hell of an attitude to have.

vCash
    I'm sure calling people amoral, crazy and stupid is a good way to advance your opinion. While I largely agree that health care insurance is by its nature universal and should be treated as such, your tone in my opinion makes it hard to take you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I'm sure calling people amoral, crazy and stupid is a good way to advance your opinion. While I largely agree that health care insurance is by its nature universal and should be treated as such, your tone in my opinion makes it hard to take you seriously.
    I believe in calling a spade a spade, rather than in some pseudo-pc overt politeness that would be hypocritical on my part. I called the previous poster's comments exactly what I feel they are - amoral and stupid. I also referred to right wing Americans who hold such views as crazy, because that is what I - and truly, the rest of the civilized world too - thinks about people with such an archaic and selfish attitude to health care in the 21st century. I'm sorry if that bothers you, but quite frankly my dear, I don't give a damn how seriously you (or anyone else) take(s) my anonymous words on an internet forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    It may be the wrong topic, but I can't let this amoral stupidity pass without comment. Mr. Kyle isn't the only one who would totally disagree with this typically crazy US right wing (sorry, there's no other way to put it) point of view. The citizens of the entire rest of the civilized world, right wingers included, would also disagree with this because everyone else except some strange Americans accepts the common sense of some kind of an all inclusive 'national' health care system that everyone contributes to.

Your statement above is typical of what the English call the "I'm alright, Jack" attitude. I'm sure you are covered because you can afford health insurance, or you have a job that provides it. You're ok, so **** everybody else. Hell of an attitude to have.
    Ok, you can think it's amoral stupidity if you want, but it's my opinion. Sorry, that's the way it is. Couldn't give two ***** about "the entire rest of the civilzed world."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Ok, you can think it's amoral stupidity if you want, but it's my opinion. Sorry, that's the way it is. Couldn't give two ***** about "the entire rest of the civilzed world."
    It's your opinion, and you're certainly entitled to hold it and express it, just as I am entitled to post my view of it. Your last sentence perfectly demonstrates why "the rest of the civilized world" sees the views of so many Americans as being totally divorced from anything the rest of us experience as 'reality'.

vCash
    I believe in calling a spade a spade, rather than in some pseudo-pc overt politeness that would be hypocritical on my part. I called the previous poster's comments exactly what I feel they are - amoral and stupid. I also referred to right wing Americans who hold such views as crazy, because that is what I - and truly, the rest of the civilized world too - thinks about people with such an archaic and selfish attitude to health care in the 21st century. I'm sorry if that bothers you, but quite frankly my dear, I don't give a damn how seriously you (or anyone else) take(s) my anonymous words on an internet forum.
    That's fine if you just want to come on and pass judgement on others based on what they post in a forum. I assume that most people come on to discuss politics, I know that's what I do. But is seems as if you don't need to because you've already figured it all out and can sit on high and point out our moral and academic failures.

vCash
    It's your opinion, and you're certainly entitled to hold it and express it, just as I am entitled to post my view of it. Your last sentence perfectly demonstrates why "the rest of the civilized world" sees the views of so many Americans as being totally divorced from anything the rest of us experience as 'reality'.
    Why bother worrying about how the rest of the world perceives us? I really, really don't care whether the rest of the world thinks Americans are paragons of justice or incorrigible and selfish. I'm more worried about the United States of America being the best it can possibly be, not trying to live up to some stupid European standard, ignoring the struggles they have there as well.

vCash
    Has Peter King filed his papers to change parties? I think its time to shut King's mouth if that is not the case.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Has Peter King filed his papers to change parties? I think its time to shut King's mouth if that is not the case.
    Apologies for my contribution to taking this off topic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123