Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Joe Wilson lied to the nation, when, in the State of the Union, he called the President of the United States, a liar. In as much as you are part of the class defined as the nation, he lied to you. Beyond that one, I am not a constituent, and therefore don't follow him closely. In fact, outside of that comment, I don't know anything he has said.
    Barack Obama has lied, therefore he is a liar. Was what Joe Wilson did disrespectful? Absolutely. A lie? Not exactly. In addition, stephkyle said he lied to his state, which suggests something beyond that action anyways.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Barack Obama has lied, therefore he is a liar. Was what Joe Wilson did disrespectful? Absolutely. A lie? Not exactly. In addition, stephkyle said he lied to his state, which suggests something beyond that action anyways.
    Wrong thread for me to continue, but, do not take my lack of continuing, with agreement.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Wrong thread for me to continue, but, do not take my lack of continuing, with agreement.
    Fair enough.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    @Homestar.

Part of my implication wasnt only liying which several names on the list have
    done if not overtly but certainly intentionaly misleading their constituents on a many number of issues which they refuse to discuss, or imply no interest in addressing(only to do just that)the first chance they get.

I also suggested an embarrassing list of bad actors, I know nothing of wilsons politics or how he has voted, I was infact refering to that completely disgraceful outburst he made in chambers.

I know you hate when I do this, but Ill tell you what my friend, that and Brewers finger shaking at him on the tarmac are a pure red meat photo/sound ops, for the racist wing of the party.

Wilsons inparticular was the most disgracful act I have every scene in public life.IKt was Bynum clothelining Berea.

To have the nerve to disrespect the PRESIDENT OF THE US?
    If I was there I woulda liked to knock his freakin teeth in.

You respect the position, if not the man.
    I hated "w" and if a Dem had done the same thing I woulda liked to knock their teeth in too.
    The president represents this country. You dont do that.

@ Cab, I fundamentally do not believe in Evil Cab.

we are animals. Animals kill for all sorts of reasons.Hunger , anger, resources, mating rights, and mental impairment.
    I struggle to grasp how so many people insist on placing us at such a higher level on the evolutionary chain becasue we have a more developed cerebrum
    that, that somehow seperates us from our nature.
    Just a glance around these forums shows the level of agression which can be
    illicted by the slightest of provocation.

we have murdered each other by the millions since the begining of time.
    we dont need much of a reason why.
    I dont consider that evil,its a flaw in the programming more or less, the other types of atrocities like sandy hook, or OKC are mental breakdowns, results of genetic or enviormental stimulus which provokes the creation of new nueral pathways which can cement illogical beliefs or behaviours.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.cGE

There is simply well ,and Unwell thinking.

this leads to the "darwinistic crap".

It simply doesnt work.
    To believe you are More deserving or worked harder then others for what youve achieved is a very rewarding thought. It provides a dopamine dump, just as a hearty congratulations for a job well done does.

this is one of the reasons that making competitions for relatively worthless stuff effective.

people will beat the crap out of each other to get a string of beads during Mardi gras that they can get for a nickle any other time of year.
    Ive seen it, many times.

But if you are a conservative then bottom lines should be the most important factor in your decision making.
    what is the most cost effective model to the solutions we need.

Welafare is the most economically stimulating spending there is.
    Poor people dont save, they go straight out and spend it on what the need to survive. that grows the economy.

secondly,when you cut the poor or "lazy" off from basic aide, they dont suddenly get motivated to live by your expectations, they turn to crime.
    Our response to crime?
    more police, more jails, more couthouses, more judges, more clerks, more Prisons.
    to encarcerate a person for a year is roughly 30k dollars. that cost doesnt take into account any of the tangental costs which I listed. That is just their food, healthcare and supervison.

In CA. the GR fund pays 4800 a year, requires completion of job searches and interview perperation skills classes, and only lasts 9 out of every 12 months.

See, the Ideology you espouse is one of Jugemental reward.
    It makes no sense, unless you are viewing the world as Good and evil, deserving and undeserving.

some people ,believe it or have lesser ability to mentally process information.
    what do you suggest should happen to these people?
    are they valueless, because they are not driven to financial success?
    Many poor people live and work in harsh conditions and work very hard.

In inner cities, often Bus services stop @ 6 pm and dont operate on weekends., when there are no jobs in your Hood and you cant get to the ones there are , what do you do?
    I knew a gal at one point who got up @ 4:00am, took one bus a couple of miles to drop her daughter off at her moms, took the same bus back the other direction, got on another bus to get to the train, rode the train to another bus to get to work by 8 and did the same home making it in by 9 ish.
    she was exceedingly capable and intelligent, I would put her up against many of my colleagues.
    what is her pathway out of her circumstances?
    It took every penny to just survive, so saving for a Car? tarining for another job? no chance whatsoever.

sux to be her i guess, Its good ta be the king!.....

vCash
    this country is a mess politically
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    ...those are your leaders...
    Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama and Harry Reid is there really any more that needs to be said?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Man this is like marrying a hoe then being mad at her for freaking and sneaking. Lol

This is what and who they are and who they have always been. They are the party of "two tears in a bucket".

It is what it is..........
    Last edited by jayjay33; 01-04-2013 at 10:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Oh, come on.
    what you don't like blanket statements with no actual back up to it? Come on homestarrunner you're not knew here. most republicans are evil horned creatures out to steal from grandma and gramps. It's public knowledge. Plus the republicans will never win an election again even small ones yet alone the presidency.
    Fixed

vCash
    @ Cab, I fundamentally do not believe in Evil Cab.

we are animals. Animals kill for all sorts of reasons.Hunger , anger, resources, mating rights, and mental impairment.
    I struggle to grasp how so many people insist on placing us at such a higher level on the evolutionary chain becasue we have a more developed cerebrum
    that, that somehow seperates us from our nature.
    Just a glance around these forums shows the level of agression which can be
    illicted by the slightest of provocation.

we have murdered each other by the millions since the begining of time.
    we dont need much of a reason why.
    I dont consider that evil,its a flaw in the programming more or less, the other types of atrocities like sandy hook, or OKC are mental breakdowns, results of genetic or enviormental stimulus which provokes the creation of new nueral pathways which can cement illogical beliefs or behaviours.
    To far off the thread for me to continue beyond a short answer. A fundamental denial of evil, requires a fundamental denial of good. It requires an attitude that there is only amoral behavior. We just cannot find an agreement where humans are neither capable of deliberately rising above nor falling below our basic programming. That attitude does not track in my experiences, both personal and acquired through study.

This is the end of my comments in this thread about this topic.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    @Homestar.

Part of my implication wasnt only liying which several names on the list have
    done if not overtly but certainly intentionaly misleading their constituents on a many number of issues which they refuse to discuss, or imply no interest in addressing(only to do just that)the first chance they get.

I also suggested an embarrassing list of bad actors, I know nothing of wilsons politics or how he has voted, I was infact refering to that completely disgraceful outburst he made in chambers.

I know you hate when I do this, but Ill tell you what my friend, that and Brewers finger shaking at him on the tarmac are a pure red meat photo/sound ops, for the racist wing of the party.

Wilsons inparticular was the most disgracful act I have every scene in public life.IKt was Bynum clothelining Berea.

To have the nerve to disrespect the PRESIDENT OF THE US?
    If I was there I woulda liked to knock his freakin teeth in.

You respect the position, if not the man.
    I hated "w" and if a Dem had done the same thing I woulda liked to knock their teeth in too.
    The president represents this country. You dont do that.
    Yes, because only racists dislike Obama. Good one. More foolish mudslinging.

I agree with what you have to say otherwise about Wilson. A completely disrespectful act with no plausible/acceptable explanation.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

11. 01-04-2013, 11:31 PM
    Reason
    no

vCash
    To far off the thread for me to continue beyond a short answer. A fundamental denial of evil, requires a fundamental denial of good. It requires an attitude that there is only amoral behavior. We just cannot find an agreement where humans are neither capable of deliberately rising above nor falling below our basic programming. That attitude does not track in my experiences, both personal and acquired through study.

This is the end of my comments in this thread about this topic.
    I would just as strongly argue against GOOD (as I would also argue against EVIL). These are being used as absolutes instead of ends of a spectrum and neither has existed in pure form in the history of man. To call Pol Pot evil is to infer that he never had a shred of good to his character which is obviously cartoonish. This is a Rovian trick to paint the world as black and white, with us or against us, good or evil. After you paint someone with an EVIL brush there is nothing GOOD cannot do to them that is not justified.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I would just as strongly argue against GOOD (as I would also argue against EVIL). These are being used as absolutes instead of ends of a spectrum and neither has existed in pure form in the history of man. To call Pol Pot evil is to infer that he never had a shred of good to his character which is obviously cartoonish. This is a Rovian trick to paint the world as black and white, with us or against us, good or evil. After you paint someone with an EVIL brush there is nothing GOOD cannot do to them that is not justified.
    Sure the world and its people are gray but clearly there are different shades. Your approach is the opposite of Rove which excuses all behaviour and gives no authority to punish/reward any

vCash
    When I see Peter King-I on the ballot, then I'll buy this. He is just doing his own version of the bully pulpit and apparently its very successful so far.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Sure the world and its people are gray but clearly there are different shades. Your approach is the opposite of Rove which excuses all behaviour and gives no authority to punish/reward any
    Not at all. Pol Pot should have been punish because his actions were abhorrent.

I'm against the good vs. evil rhetoric because it's false moralism. It implies that we are we are pure good and our "enemies" are pure evil.

vCash
    I would add as well GM, that behaviour besides being amoral is in effect a matter of economics.

when we do "good",there is a reward stimulus even if it goes unnoticed,because we "feel" as though we have done something of Merit.

Im not suggesting that a society neednt reward/punish behaviour either,a society,team,business,organization of any sort cannot operate effectively without Guidelines of acceptable behaviour , but the demonizing of deviant behaviour serves little purpose, it simply is unacceptable and the degree to which it deviates from expectations determines consequence.
    If someone is a lunatic like the sandy hook kid, I sympathize with his illness, but society cannot tolerate someone so fundamentally broken, personally I would have to put him down.Not with anger, or malice, but as a matter of neccessity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast