Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    25,683
    vCash
    1500

    Peter King to quit the Republican Party?

    Republican New York Congressman Peter King was near tears on Wednesday as he threatened to leave the Republican Party, while excoriating the leadership and other members after they reversed course and refused to pass a relief package for victims of Hurricane Sandy.

    In an emotional interview with CNN, King pointed a finger directly at House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) for the failure to bring Sandy aid up for a vote after passing a bill to avert the so-called fiscal cliff.

    “Boehner is the one,” the New York Republican explained. “He walked off the floor. He refused to tell us why. He refused to give us any indication or warning whatsoever… I’m just saying, these people have no problem finding New York — these Republicans — when they’re trying to raise money. They raise millions of dollars in New York City and New Jersey, they sent Gov. [Chris] Christie around the country raising millions of dollars for them. I’m saying, anyone from New York and New Jersey who contributes one penny to the Republican Congressional Campaign Committee should have their head examined. I would not give one penny to these people based on what they did to us last night.”

    CNN host Victor Blackwell wondered if King’s disgust over scuttling the hurricane relief was enough to make him leave the Republican Party.

    “I’m going to do what I have to do,” King insisted. “I’m going to be independent minded. Sometimes, as John Kennedy said, party loyalty demands too much. And I would — as all of us do — often, you give the benefit of the doubt to your party. We are a two-party system. But I’m over that because as the very least, you’re expected to be treated fairly… When your people are literally freezing in the winter and they’re without food and they’re without shelter and they’re without clothing and my own party refuses to help them, then why should I help the Republican Party?”


    ALSO READ: Glenn Beck resolves to fire anyone who mentions Obama in 2013

    King recalled that Boehner refused to even speak to the Republican lawmakers from hurricane-stricken areas, at one point yelling, “I’m not going to meet with you people!”

    “I was chasing the Speaker all over the House floor last night,” he said. “So he wouldn’t tell us why, he just decided to sneak off in the dark of night.”

    “I would say that the Republican Party says that it’s the party of family values,” King continued. “Last night, it decided to turn its back on the most essential value of all. And that’s to provide food, shelter, clothing and relief for people who have been hit by a natural disaster. And I would say that the Republican Party has turned its back on those people. And it’s going to be very hard for me to ask any of those people to vote for the national Republican Party.”

    “We were told everything was on board, everything was ready, we had all the papers ready to go, we had lined up the votes, we had the committed votes where this bill would have passed on the House floor with no problem at all, we had gone around and spoken to people, we had done everything we were asked to do. And, again, the knife in the back. And that’s all it is.”

    Raw Story (http://s.tt/1xSns)




    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/0...-sandy-relief/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    Unrelated:

    "Maybe King should have spent his time as an elected official looking at whether FEMA was properly equipped to handle such a disaster, instead of holding investigations into where people who don't share his religion were building their places of worship."
    -Top comment on Reddit

    It is my opinion that...
    This man is a ****ing monster. The king of dicks everywhere, this man has been obsessed with alienating people of whatever religion he dislikes, co-sponsoring SOPA, arguing against the Fair Pay act, staunchly supporting the Patriot Act and taking away civil liberties from Americans (especially Muslim Americans), calling everyone he dislikes an agent in the war on terror, and basically being an overall and completely horrendous excuse for a representative.

    This man is a douche. No party should want this man to identify with them. He is a snake, an *******, and a disgrace. This is all my opinion so feel free to discount it, but seriously, Peter King can suck my ****ing balls.

    Related:

    "This is the problem with entitlements. They're really only entitlements when they're something other people want. When it's something you want, they're a hallmark of a civilized society, the foundation of a great people.
    - Jon Stewart

    Yes, Sandy relief needs to get passed. Yes, it's ridiculous that some didn't want it to. I agree with King that it's horrible that people are living horribly due to something of no fault of their own and are in need of severe help and the government needs to step in. So whatever beef he has there is probably fine and well-intentioned.
    Last edited by Angry Norwegian; 01-02-2013 at 11:17 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,286
    vCash
    1500
    King is an Idiot, just a waste of life (as a politician)
    Bohener is as well.
    This is what you get when everyone of your elected officials in The R party is out for themselves.

    Bohener didnt want to lokk incompetent and unable to weild power because it signals the end of his accension. he is done now.
    In return for not supporting him, now he refuses to address anything that makes anyone else look good.

    King NEEDED sandy relief to maintain the support of HIS constituents, Tit for Tat.
    My kids play that game with each other.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,292
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    King is an Idiot, just a waste of life (as a politician)
    Bohener is as well.
    This is what you get when everyone of your elected officials in The R party is out for themselves.

    Bohener didnt want to lokk incompetent and unable to weild power because it signals the end of his accension. he is done now.
    In return for not supporting him, now he refuses to address anything that makes anyone else look good.

    King NEEDED sandy relief to maintain the support of HIS constituents, Tit for Tat.
    My kids play that game with each other.
    Oh, come on.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Oh, come on.
    what you don't like blanket statements with no actual back up to it? Come on homestarrunner you're not knew here. All the republicans are evil horned creatures out to steal from grandma and gramps. It's public knowledge. Plus the republicans will never win an election again even small ones yet alone the presidency.


    Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,514
    vCash
    1500
    That Jon Stewart quote is so perfect I can taste it. He pegged these guys to the wall.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    10,023
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    That Jon Stewart quote is so perfect I can taste it. He pegged these guys to the wall.
    Yeah it really is. I remember watching it live, and I instantly knew I'd never forget it. Its so simple and so concise, but it demonstrates so well the hypocrisies of politicians.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,286
    vCash
    1500
    my appologies, a GREAT percentage of republican elected officials seem to have a personal benefit as their primary focus.
    Boehner (like Bush did) wanted to punish...PUNISH, Millions of people for being from a democratic state.

    Bush did that to CA all the time.
    Your not gonna vote for Us? then F..You.

    those are your leaders.
    then you have Michelle Backman, Huckabee, Rick perry,Joe wilson,Allen west,Darryl Issa, i mean guys the list is embarrassingly long, scott walker, on and on.
    these guys lie or are still lying outright to the people of their states, Walker Never once,I repeat NEVER ONCE spoke about collective bargaining in his stump speeches or as part of his platform, yet that was the first thing he did.
    I wont bother to "back it up" with each person because you guys dont want to hear truth.

    I Imagine there are independent minded ,socially conscious Republicans....somewhere(lol)
    But they arnt well represented in our p[rocess.
    the reasons are pretty obvious.
    The platform is to diverse and polarized, so every elected offical must meet a checklist of ideals that please too many people but are adored by only a few.

    so they lie to everyone and say yeah, im for this im for that, when in reality they are for themselves and their benefactors because that is all they can hope to accomplish.


    Lets look at the issue of the tax rates.
    for 8 years every single R ,I ever heard said Tax cuts pay for themselves in economic stimulus and job creation.
    I heard it a million times.
    Now?
    they are saying the problem is that they WERENT PAID FOR,and NOW OBAMA is adding 4 trillion to the debt with his middleclass tax cuts that arent being PAID FOR.

    the hypocrasy is embarrassing, they are content to say any old stupid thing because there is a core constituency that is eager to pass on the latest truth theyve manufactured that demonizes THE OTHERS!!!!!(RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!).

    You guys need to clean house and get some people with a grip on what governance means.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,292
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    my appologies, a GREAT percentage of republican elected officials seem to have a personal benefit as their primary focus.
    Boehner (like Bush did) wanted to punish...PUNISH, Millions of people for being from a democratic state.

    Bush did that to CA all the time.
    Your not gonna vote for Us? then F..You.

    those are your leaders.
    then you have Michelle Backman, Huckabee, Rick perry,Joe wilson,Allen west,Darryl Issa, i mean guys the list is embarrassingly long, scott walker, on and on.
    these guys lie or are still lying outright to the people of their states, Walker Never once,I repeat NEVER ONCE spoke about collective bargaining in his stump speeches or as part of his platform, yet that was the first thing he did.
    I wont bother to "back it up" with each person because you guys dont want to hear truth.

    I Imagine there are independent minded ,socially conscious Republicans....somewhere(lol)
    But they arnt well represented in our p[rocess.
    the reasons are pretty obvious.
    The platform is to diverse and polarized, so every elected offical must meet a checklist of ideals that please too many people but are adored by only a few.

    so they lie to everyone and say yeah, im for this im for that, when in reality they are for themselves and their benefactors because that is all they can hope to accomplish.


    Lets look at the issue of the tax rates.
    for 8 years every single R ,I ever heard said Tax cuts pay for themselves in economic stimulus and job creation.
    I heard it a million times.
    Now?
    they are saying the problem is that they WERENT PAID FOR,and NOW OBAMA is adding 4 trillion to the debt with his middleclass tax cuts that arent being PAID FOR.

    the hypocrasy is embarrassing, they are content to say any old stupid thing because there is a core constituency that is eager to pass on the latest truth theyve manufactured that demonizes THE OTHERS!!!!!(RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!).

    You guys need to clean house and get some people with a grip on what governance means.
    This is just so stupid. If Peter King was a D instead of an R, he would be doing it for his constituents. Since he's an R, he's an evil man that's only motivated by self-interest. Get real.

    What you should realize is when you assert such idiocy, you cheapen whatever other point you're trying to make. What you should understand that all politicians, Republicans, Democrats, and all others, fall somewhere in the middle of the scale of "for the constituency" v. "for self-interest."

    Oh, and since Joe Wilson is my personal representative, what exactly do you feel like he is "outright lying" about to me?
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,286
    vCash
    1500
    1st of all my friend, you will never hear me describe someone as evil.

    That word is based in childish minds fearing what lurks in the shadows.
    There IS no such thing as evil.

    second you seem to have missed my point all together.
    King is doing what he should do, advocate for his constituency.
    what has changed ,for him, is that he was forced outside of the Republican Box of acceptable Behaviour, HE ASKED FOR FINANCIAL HELP.

    your not allowed to do that in the R party, things have to be paid for remember.
    As a matter of fact the very first thing the 2010 Republican house of reps did behind their new R majority is claim they will never again pass a single law or bill or motion that increases the national debt on any level.

    They then went ahead and the very 1st bill they passed....increased the national debt. It didnt pass the senate but that was kinda funny.
    the second bill they tried to pass did the same BTW.

    Sandy put Rs in a terrible position.
    Do they represent their constituency, or support the party line?
    As would be expected ONLY Rs from the damaged areas have spoken out on the matter.
    This is typical of RT leaning mentality, it is easy to call people lazy, or less then, just not smart enough, didnt make the cut, all that darwinistic crap they spew because they are on top and the view is just fine from there, but as soon as THEY are the ones that need help?
    NOW...we need to be fair about things,blah, blah, blah.

    That is the point I was trying to make.I know I dont convey my thoughts as clearly as I should and I use hyperbole write in analagies that get lost at times so If that was the case once again, my apologies.

    King SHOULD ASK FOR aid, and they SHOULD get it because we help each other in this country, sux to be you isnt the America I believe in.

    I just find it funny how quickly a guy like king can run his mouth at and against things as long as they dont touch his life.
    And that he would be surprised that Boehner would hold up funding,what the HELL does Bohener care about NJ/NY?
    He doesnt, thats a big problem.
    King had to go on TV last night and TELL EVERY NEW YORKER TO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY TO THE REPUBLICAN PARTY GENERAL FUND!!

    You dont see the disfunction there?
    Its your party sir, if you are ok with the carnival atmosphere then enjoy.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,234
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    That word is based in childish minds fearing what lurks in the shadows.
    There IS no such thing as evil.
    Really?

    I know this is not the right thread, and I am not sure this is the right forum, or, if there is a right forum, but...Really?

    Dachau, Buchenwald, Auschwitz come to mind. Josef Mengele, leaps to mind.
    Pol Pot comes to mind.

    Really?
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    ...those are your leaders...
    Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama and Harry Reid is there really any more that needs to be said?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,286
    vCash
    1500
    BTW, Your annoyance with my flair for the dramatic withstanding ,you seem not to have a response to the points I made regarding the wildly nonsensical speech from RT leadership, to the tax cuts are GOOD, No wait they are BAD!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,292
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    1st of all my friend, you will never hear me describe someone as evil.

    That word is based in childish minds fearing what lurks in the shadows.
    There IS no such thing as evil.

    second you seem to have missed my point all together.
    King is doing what he should do, advocate for his constituency.
    what has changed ,for him, is that he was forced outside of the Republican Box of acceptable Behaviour, HE ASKED FOR FINANCIAL HELP.

    your not allowed to do that in the R party, things have to be paid for remember.
    As a matter of fact the very first thing the 2010 Republican house of reps did behind their new R majority is claim they will never again pass a single law or bill or motion that increases the national debt on any level.

    They then went ahead and the very 1st bill they passed....increased the national debt. It didnt pass the senate but that was kinda funny.
    the second bill they tried to pass did the same BTW.

    Sandy put Rs in a terrible position.
    Do they represent their constituency, or support the party line?
    As would be expected ONLY Rs from the damaged areas have spoken out on the matter.
    This is typical of RT leaning mentality, it is easy to call people lazy, or less then, just not smart enough, didnt make the cut, all that darwinistic crap they spew because they are on top and the view is just fine from there, but as soon as THEY are the ones that need help?
    NOW...we need to be fair about things,blah, blah, blah.

    That is the point I was trying to make.I know I dont convey my thoughts as clearly as I should and I use hyperbole write in analagies that get lost at times so If that was the case once again, my apologies.

    King SHOULD ASK FOR aid, and they SHOULD get it because we help each other in this country, sux to be you isnt the America I believe in.

    I just find it funny how quickly a guy like king can run his mouth at and against things as long as they dont touch his life.
    And that he would be surprised that Boehner would hold up funding,what the HELL does Bohener care about NJ/NY?
    He doesnt, thats a big problem.
    King had to go on TV last night and TELL EVERY NEW YORKER TO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY TO THE REPUBLICAN PARTY GENERAL FUND!!

    You dont see the disfunction there?
    Its your party sir, if you are ok with the carnival atmosphere then enjoy.
    I haven't missed your point. In fact, I don't believe you originally had a point at all in making that part of your statement. It was a simple shot at Republicans just for the sake of taking a shot.

    Sometimes representatives have to go outside of their own personal convictions to represent their constituents effectively. It's something politicians don't do enough, if you ask me. It isn't hypocrisy.

    By the way, I'm all for the "darwinistic crap."

    I believe you're wrong on the first bill the HoR passed in the 112th Congress being one that raised the debt ceiling. Pretty sure it was one renaming the Department of the Navy to the Department of the Navy and Marine Corps.

    King is mad at his party. Whatever. Wouldn't be the first time a politician was mad at their party, and it certainly won't be the last. Of course, I guess it's only worth mentioning for you when it's a Republican doing it, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    BTW, Your annoyance with my flair for the dramatic withstanding ,you seem not to have a response to the points I made regarding the wildly nonsensical speech from RT leadership, to the tax cuts are GOOD, No wait they are BAD!
    Some of your posts are just so damn hilarious. You act like Republican politicians are the only ones that lie and mislead people. Guess what? Every person on this freaking planet does it at some point. It's especially part of the game in politics. Both sides do it, both sides have always done it, and both sides will always do it. So spare me the one-sided stuff.

    You still never answered me. Since you wanted to name drop Joe Wilson, please tell me how Joe Wilson is lying to me, since you said he's lying to his state (and, I assume you mean specifically his constituents in SC-02).
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,234
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Since you wanted to name drop Joe Wilson, please tell me how Joe Wilson is lying to me, since you said he's lying to his state (and, I assume you mean specifically his constituents in SC-02).
    Joe Wilson lied to the nation, when, in the State of the Union, he called the President of the United States, a liar. In as much as you are part of the class defined as the nation, he lied to you. Beyond that one, I am not a constituent, and therefore don't follow him closely. In fact, outside of that comment, I don't know anything he has said.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •