Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Clay that kind of talk is not allowed here.

vCash
    I think some of our positional prospects are getting under-rated a bit. The positional talent is a little below average, but even if you ignore pitching, the positional talent alone should probably rank around 20th.

I think there are several guys who will see higher levels next year who still have a shot at being average regulars. Beyond d'Arnaud and Flores, I also like Puello, Tovar, Vaughn, and Aderlin Rodriguez. Then you have guys like Den Dekker, Lagares, Ceciliani, and Harris who might be decent bench outfielders. We're lacking sure things there, but there is some talent there.
    Last edited by acerimusdux; 01-04-2013 at 10:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Clay that kind of talk is not allowed here.
    It's exactly the kind of talk that needs to go on around here.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    It's exactly the kind of talk that needs to go on around here.
    Exactly.

I am so tired of talking about money, malls, and conspiracy theories.

vCash

Callis: Mets System is 18-20 Range

Both kind of talk is welcome, is not all roses and unicorns for the Mets and their future either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I think some of our positional prospects are getting under-rated a bit. The positional talent is a little below average, but even if you ignore pitching, the positional talent alone should probably rank around 20th.

I think there are several guys who will see higher levels next year who still have a shot at being average regulars. Beyond d'Arnaud and Flores, I also like Puello, Tovar, Vaughn, and Aderlin Rodriguez. Then you have guys like Den Dekker, Lagares, Ceciliani, and Harris who might be decent bench outfielders. We're lacking sure things there, but there is some talent there.
    Every team has those type of prospects.
    Aderlin's ability is intriguing, I just want to see him do it in AA where the pitching is better.

One guy I like is Daniel Muno, posted an excellent obp of .387 last year. Once again I want to see it in AA.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Both kind of talk is welcome, is not all roses and unicorns for the Mets and their future either.
    But not every thread should be getting derailed by the same people either.

vCash

Aside from power -- which is tremendous -- is there anything that you like about Anderlin. His arm strength is fine, but I think the rest of his game has a ceiling of average at best, with a floor of terrible.

Butch Huskey Part II.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash

Callis: Mets System is 18-20 Range

If people keep responding to him, then he will continue to post the same thing. When somebody bores me I no longer read what they have to say and move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Aside from power -- which is tremendous -- is there anything that you like about Anderlin. His arm strength is fine, but I think the rest of his game has a ceiling of average at best, with a floor of terrible.

Butch Huskey Part II.
    Bat speed. I think he's going to hit for a high average as well as power. Aside from their bats, there's not too much I like about Ryan Howard or Pablo Sandoval either. Aderlin looks to me like he can be a pretty elite bat.

Keep in mind Aderlin was only 20 last year. I think he'll break out BIG by age 22 in AA.

He's still somewhat raw, but I think the bat alone has as much potential as almost any I've seen in 10 years.

vCash
    Bat speed. I think he's going to hit for a high average as well as power. Aside from their bats, there's not too much I like about Ryan Howard or Pablo Sandoval either. Aderlin looks to me like he can be a pretty elite bat.

Keep in mind Aderlin was only 20 last year. I think he'll break out BIG by age 22 in AA.

He's still somewhat raw, but I think the bat alone has as much potential as almost any I've seen in 10 years.
    True. The bat speed is there. The issue I saw in the SAL was that he rarely squared up on a ball in 2011 and his BaBIP echos that observation (.247 in 2011 and .252 at St Lucie in 2012). If it's a matter of development, I guess we will find out eventually.

I cannot picture the kid playing any position in the field, though Toby Hyde said he made some improvements in 2012. I never saw worse in my life than Aderlin in 2011 aside from Juan Lagares at SS back in 2007ish.

The power must grade 70/80 already. It's tremendous.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    The Mets have EASILY one of the best (Top 3, arguably #1) pitching prospects in all of baseball. I don't care how weak your hitting prospect are, when your that strong in pitching, there's no way you're an "18-20" ranked farm system. And there's plenty of bats at the lower end of the Mets system that could materialize into Top 100 prospects within the next 2 years.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234