Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    That is assuming no one in our minors get better which won't happen.
    I know that but right now we have definitely 3 top 100 guys, maybe 4... after this yr we could only have 1 top 100 prospect unless someone makes the jump... but personally I don't see much potential to make that jump yet. Besides Syndergaard, who else might crack the top 100 after this yr? Nimmo? Seems like that could be a stretch.

Just sayin, I see why our farm doesn't get much respect, it's because we really don't usually have a good one. Although the good thing is right now we do. We'll see what happens next yr.

We are likely to suck for at least 1 more season so hopefully we make a good draft pick this yr and next and that would be a big help in assuring our farm stays good after these current guys are promoted.

vCash
    Fulmer, Sydergaard, Flores, Nimmo can all be in the top 100 next year.

vCash
    ?

Two potential TORP pitchers with one of them being considered possibly the best pithcing prospect (not including Harvey), the best catching prospect in baseball, a handful of young, high potential pitchers (Fulmer, Tapia, etc...), and a fair amount of bats (Flores, Nimmo, A Rod, Cecchini, etc...).

Yet, there are still 19 teams with a better farm system?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Cecchini sucks balls. I wish people would stop saying he is a better prospect than Nimmo.
    I know it's a ridiculous, Cecchini is a mediocrity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm not freaking out, I just hate the lack of respect we get as a farm system.
    The farm isn't that good, it's one dimensional, and the best two guys will be graduating before June.

It's easy to criticize guys like Callis, but have YOU looked at 30 farms systems?

Take a step back and stop taking these rankings personally, it's probably about right in any case. After Flores the next top hitting prospect is four years away. That's not a top half farm system IMO.

vCash

Callis: Mets System is 18-20 Range

IMO baseball America always underrates the Mets system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    IMO baseball America always underrates the Mets system.
    Why wouldn't they when the last stars this team produced were 10 years ago?

vCash
    Matt Eddy from Baseball America has the Mets in the 10-15 range.

Jim Callis is just one writer at Baseball America.
    Callis doesn't like Puello, A-Rod, and thinks Flores is a tweener.

I posted this topic in the Dickey trade thread, didn't think this warranted its own thread.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I was thinking more 10-15 range. Especially with Wheeler and TDA who are both top 15 prospects and ML ready.

We have the two top end players and a bunch of lower level with high potential players.

The problem with getting highly ranked is more to do with lack of ML ready talent outside of Wheeler and TDA. However this is a team that just graduated Harvey, Mejia and Familia who were all top 100 at some point in time.

The hate doesn't really bother me since the farm has done its job. It prepared 3 top 100 pitching prospects for the majors and soon to be 4 with Wheeler.

Our position players are not very good outside of TDA which is also keeping us down. Like the writer stated Flores is indeed a tweener. Not agile enough to play third or second. Not fast enough for the outfield and also doesn't have the power to be a 1st division first basemen. If all breaks right for Flores he could be a very good hitter and a mediocre fielder at best.

Cecchini and Nimmo are both 4 years away so that hurts out farm rankings as well. Although I don't understand the hate on Cecchini on this site. Everything I have ready on him says he is above average in every phase of the game except power which most feel he will add as he matures. All the scouts feel he will hit like Tejada but with more power and speed. So why the hate. You don't need great tools to be successful in the majors as long as you take advantage of what you have.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    The problem with the farm system is that besides d'Arnaud they lack impact bats. Both Cecchini and Nimmo are 3-4 years away. They do however have a wealth of pitching, which is why I think Callis is overlooking them.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash

Jim Callis is the guy whose opinion I value the highest as far as prospects go. The dude knows his ****, but again i think as far as the Mets system they underrate them, just as they done it in years past. That is why I could care less where they ranked them in years past, but I found it interesting that even with the addition of the two new guys they had them bottom half.

vCash

They have a wealth of pitching but as of right now they have two guys considered top of the rotation guys and a whole lot of power arms that are seen as third starters or pen arms.

vCash
    Jim Callis is the guy whose opinion I value the highest as far as prospects go. The dude knows his ****, but again i think as far as the Mets system they underrate them, just as they done it in years past. That is why I could care less where they ranked them in years past, but I found it interesting that even with the addition of the two new guys they had them bottom half.
    I lost al lot of respect for Callis when he called Harvey a pen arm.

Goldstein loved the pick.

vCash
    They have a wealth of pitching but as of right now they have two guys considered top of the rotation guys and a whole lot of power arms that are seen as third starters or pen arms.
    That's fair, but they did just graduate a TORP. And other teams don't have an abundance of them. I think its a bit of an oversight from my perspective.

vCash
    Just want to add one thing about Callis.
    He was asked to ranked 1st basemen after the 2009 season, He had Smoak as 1, then Morrison, Wallace, followed by Freeman and then Davis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast