Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    As a baseball fan in general, I'd be happy if he was traded anywhere (but the Phillies or Braves). He's one of the most exciting players this league has seen in a while and it's being flat out wasted in that joke of an organization they call the Miami Marlins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Did you really just say you wouldn't trade for Stanton if the Marlins asked for Niese, Tejada, or Murphy? Please tell me you didn't say that. If we could get Stanton for ONLY those 3 alone, the deal would be done already, and you wouldn't give up any of them? Oh no.......

Imagine, Tejada or Murphy being a deal breaker for a 23 yr old OFer who's already one of the best hitters in the game
    I understand that, but we only have one proven starting pitching as of today.
    Harvey and Wheeler have yet to produce for several seasons, while Gee has played well but is coming off an injury. Not too mention Syndergaard is at best July 2014 ETA, while we have several pitchers that are 2015 bound at the earliest. Quality infielders are hard to come by, especially solid fielding SS's in Tejada, while Murphy would get 5+ mil on the open market. If we had legit options to replace Tejada and Murphy, then I'd have no qualms about moving them. Sure Stanton is worth more than Niese; Tejada, and Murphy combined, but we'd solve a gaping hole while creating a new one, not too mention that hole doesn't have any realistic fillings at the moment.

I'd definitely do the following deals though:
    Wheeler/Nimno/Flores/Cecchini/Puello
    TDA/Nimno/Flores/Cecchini/Familia/Puello
    Sydnergaard/Nimno/Flores/Cecchini/Familia/Puello/Lagares
    Harvey/Flores/Nimno/Cecchini
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Stanton is a must. I would think hard about Davis + a prospect but probably pass even straight up. We would probably have to move one of our top prospects..

Here's my offer...

Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Lucas Duda, Noah Syndergaard, Brandon Nimmo and Jeurys Famila for Stanton + C level prospect and an arm in the bullpen.

Then sign speedy defenseive outfielders with a decent bat and we look pretty good.

Tejada
    Murphy
    Wright
    Davis
    Stanton
    D'arnaud
    FA Center
    FA LF

Neise
    Santana
    Harvey
    Gee
    Wheeler or a FA
    Last edited by Patrick Ewing33; 01-02-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    My team, my city.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Ewing33 View Post
    Stanton is a must. I would think hard about Davis + a prospect but probably pass even straight up. We would probably have to move one of our top prospects..

Here's my offer...

Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Lucas Duda, Noah Syndergaard, Brandon Nimmo and Jeurys Famila for Stanton + C level prospect and an arm in the bullpen.
    guys... Guys! GUYS!!!! REALLY??

What the hell kinda offer is that??? LOL

Kirk (sucks), Duda (sucks), Syndergaard (good SP prospects yrs away, who knows?), Nimmo (good OF prospect but not top 100. couple yrs away), Familia (not top 100, will be a good RP at best)

For Stanton, a 23 yr old OFer who's already one of the best power hitters in baseball. Are you kidding me? Please tell me you guys are joking with these ridiculous offers.

There's no way you think that's fair. Just no way! Plus you're asking for Stanton PLUS two more players?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Ewing33 View Post
    Kirk and Duda have low trade value right now after very bad seasons/horrible end to 2012.

Familia is a throw in basically in a deal like this. If it were a lesser player, he would make more of a difference, but his value has dropped after 2012 in my opinion.

Syndergaard and Nimmo would be good pieces to include, but they're so young and years away.

Harvey, Wheeler, and d'Arnaud. The deal would need to begin with one of those 3 to get Miami's interest.

vCash
    Why do you guys think that the more low level prospects you add, the better it makes the deal? You can't just offer 10 bad players for 1 great one of think it's fair cuz they're getting so many more players... LOL what a joke.

To get Stanton, we would have to trade AT LEAST one of Harvey, Wheeler, or d'Arnaud. Maybe you can replace one of them and offer Ike instead, but you can't just pile on more crap to make it better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Kirk and Duda have low trade value right now after very bad seasons/horrible end to 2012.

Familia is a throw in basically in a deal like this. If it were a lesser player, he would make more of a difference, but his value has dropped after 2012 in my opinion.

Syndergaard and Nimmo would be good pieces to include, but they're so young and years away.

Harvey, Wheeler, and d'Arnaud. The deal would need to begin with one of those 3 to get Miami's interest.
    Finally someone who knows what they're talking about.

Again, sorry to be such a dick about it but some of these proposals from you guys are just embarrassing. Like, "here... we'll give you one B prospect and 7 C and D rated prospects for one of the best hitters in baseball who's only 23 and under control for yrs for cheap. That's fair, right? Cuz see, we're giving you 8 players and getting 1. That means you're actually getting the better deal because 8 > 1."

vCash
    People really seem to be undervaluing how good Stanton ALREADY is, Oh... and he just turned 23 years old! LOL it's crazy really. You guys don't wanna trade our top prospects for an already proven MLB stud outfielder? WTF? These are just PROSPECTS! They aren't all gonna be great. Wheeler and d'Arnaud for Stanton? I'd probably do it. I understand if people wouldn't wanna give up both but I'd definitely deal one of them plus other decent prospects.

I'm tired of hearing the whole catcher argument that because of his position he's more valuable. Bull*****!! You want the best players out there. If it's a choice between Stanton and d'Arnaud, and some of you choose d'Arnaud, I'm embarrassed to be a fan of the same team.

I bet a few yrs ago some of you were the same people that would have turned down a trade for a top hitter for Fernando Martinez and Mejia when they were being hyped up. See how that turned out? Time to realize that's what happens to most prospects. If you can turn them into an already great top of the line MLB hitter, you do it and don't look back.
    has nothing to do with how good stanton is, has to do with the make up of this team acquiring stanton doesnt make this team a contender these prospects while a risk of missing CAN turn the mets into a contender

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMETS2889 View Post
    has nothing to do with how good stanton is, has to do with the make up of this team acquiring stanton doesnt make this team a contender these prospects while a risk of missing CAN turn the mets into a contender
    I understand that.... but don't be sayin a fair deal would be Familia, Mejia, Flores, Fullmer, and Lugares... or something crappy like that... and then the one guy saying if either Murphy or Tejada is added to that, he'd turn it down for Stanton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    If they'd entertain offers for Mejia; Familia, Flores, Tapia, Puello, Montero , Lagares, and Fulmer then we have to do that deal.
    If we could pull off that deal, then I'd celebrate.

No way the Marlins take that package. Stanton is the legit middle of the lineup type of bat that we've been missing since Carlos Delgado. If we want to get him, we'd have to offer up Wheeler and D'arnuld.

The Marlins aren't going to give away Stanton for a bunch of mediocre prospects.

vCash
    If I'm Miami, I'd much rather have a deal of 4 or so players that includes a top prospect than a deal with 10 players that includes very young and okay prospects.

Think to yourself, if Stanton was a Met and being shipped, what would you want? We demanded d'Arnaud for Dickey, so why would we not give someone like him up for the best young power hitter in the game?

vCash
    When do pitchers and catchers report????

vCash
    I understand that.... but don't be sayin a fair deal would be Familia, Mejia, Flores, Fullmer, and Lugares... or something crappy like that... and then the one guy saying if either Murphy or Tejada is added to that, he'd turn it down for Stanton.
    i dont think its a fair deal-but i dont think a fair deal helps our team-my point is i would never make the deal even if it was fair

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    When do pitchers and catchers report????
    yes.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    How are we saying things like "Stanton is a must"?

When did we become so entitled?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast