Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Stanton is available, the price is steep, but worth it.

If they'd entertain offers for Mejia; Familia, Flores, Tapia, Puello, Montero , Lagares, and Fulmer then we have to do that deal. I understand we're a good year or two away, but Stanton's are damn near impossible to get in FA(think 25 mi per year for 7+ years). We'd have him for 4 years, and he would be a perennial 5+ WAR player and is still getting better. I understand we'd move a lot of farm pieces, but 2 of those guys are 1+ years away; while Flores may not have a position w/ us, and Familia and Mejia may not be starters. So of the players I listed, only two of them may contribute this year and on(while either Puello or Lagares project to be marginal players).

We'd still have Wheeler and Harvey to compete for rotation spots this year, while Syndergaard and Mazzoni can fight for a spot in 2014. I'm not saying all of those pan out, but it's reasonable that one of those guys become a decent pitcher by 2015. Go after anyone of the following of Schrezer; King Felix, Matt Harrison, or Justin Materson, and you'd have a very good front 4(assuming Gee bounces back from his injury).
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Anything not involving Harvey/Wheeler/D'Arnaud prospect wise I could care less who goes.

vCash
    You never do an 8 for 1 deal, is just not worth it.

...and again any deal for him would start with Wheeler, d'Arnaud and or Harvey, so is not going to happen.

vCash
    I'd do something like Wheeler/D'Arnaud/Syndergaard/Flores/Familia or Mejia (or hell, both) for Stanton in a nanosecond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I'd do something like Wheeler/D'Arnaud/Syndergaard/Flores/Familia or Mejia (or hell, both) for Stanton in a nanosecond.
    no way

other then being stupid there are a few years why

1)poisitonal premium-catcher is a difficult position to develop and if d'Arnaud is what he is supposed to be that increases his value sky high

2)finding a bat/paying for one is far cheaper and easier then finding and developing dominant young pitching, im not trading 2 projected frontline starters (one an ace) for a bat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You never do an 8 for 1 deal, is just not worth it.

...and again any deal for him would start with Wheeler, d'Arnaud and or Harvey, so is not going to happen.
    Wheeler; Flores, Cecchini, Nimno
    I'd do that and not look back. Miami gets a projected-ace pitcher come July or June(Wheeler); an Opening Day above average-projected 3B in Flores, Nimno in mid-June 2014 or OD 2015 who may be Hunter Pence or Curtis Granderson, and Cecchini projects to be a decent 2B in 2016. If they're still budging, throw in Puello.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    If they'd entertain offers for Mejia; Familia, Flores, Tapia, Puello, Montero , Lagares, and Fulmer then we have to do that deal. I understand we're a good year or two away, but Stanton's are damn near impossible to get in FA(think 25 mi per year for 7+ years). We'd have him for 4 years, and he would be a perennial 5+ WAR player and is still getting better. I understand we'd move a lot of farm pieces, but 2 of those guys are 1+ years away; while Flores may not have a position w/ us, and Familia and Mejia may not be starters. So of the players I listed, only two of them may contribute this year and on(while either Puello or Lagares project to be marginal players).

We'd still have Wheeler and Harvey to compete for rotation spots this year, while Syndergaard and Mazzoni can fight for a spot in 2014. I'm not saying all of those pan out, but it's reasonable that one of those guys become a decent pitcher by 2015. Go after anyone of the following of Schrezer; King Felix, Matt Harrison, or Justin Materson, and you'd have a very good front 4(assuming Gee bounces back from his injury).
    OH MY GOD REALLY??????????????

It's getting annoying with you guys proposing embarrassing trades man.... seriously! You can't just add more mediocre-bad prospects to a deal to make a team agree. WTF!!!! We'd get laughed at. Literally none of those prospects mentioned are likely to be great players!

To get an already established MLB player as great as Stanton, it'd cost AT LEAST something like Wheeler+d'Arnaud...... AT LEAST that.

If all it took was 8 prospects in which maybe 1 of them was top 100, but not even that highly ranked, EVERY team in baseball would have made those offers by now. SA wouldn't embarrass himself with such an offer.

Sorry if I offended you but come on!

vCash
    Wheeler; Flores, Cecchini, NimnoI'd do that and not look back. Miami gets a projected-ace pitcher come July or June(Wheeler); an Opening Day above average-projected 3B in Flores, Nimno in mid-June 2014 or OD 2015 who may be Hunter Pence or Curtis Granderson, and Cecchini projects to be a decent 2B in 2016. If they're still budging, throw in Puello.
    Now you're getting closer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Whoa, settle down there. I want Stanton as much as anyone, but I'm not giving up SEVERAL blue chip talents that are Flushing-bound in July of this year. I'm not dealing anyone of Niese; Tejada, Murphy, Wright, Ike. As far as trading prospects, I'd move either Harvey; Wheeler, or D'Arnaud + Flores + several prospects that are MLB ready for mid-2014 not named Syndergaard.

vCash
    I'll pass, great player but still only bats 4 or 5 times a game.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    People really seem to be undervaluing how good Stanton ALREADY is, Oh... and he just turned 23 years old! LOL it's crazy really. You guys don't wanna trade our top prospects for an already proven MLB stud outfielder? WTF? These are just PROSPECTS! They aren't all gonna be great. Wheeler and d'Arnaud for Stanton? I'd probably do it. I understand if people wouldn't wanna give up both but I'd definitely deal one of them plus other decent prospects.

I'm tired of hearing the whole catcher argument that because of his position he's more valuable. Bull*****!! You want the best players out there. If it's a choice between Stanton and d'Arnaud, and some of you choose d'Arnaud, I'm embarrassed to be a fan of the same team.

I bet a few yrs ago some of you were the same people that would have turned down a trade for a top hitter for Fernando Martinez and Mejia when they were being hyped up. See how that turned out? Time to realize that's what happens to most prospects. If you can turn them into an already great top of the line MLB hitter, you do it and don't look back.

vCash
    Whoa, settle down there. I want Stanton as much as anyone, but I'm not giving up SEVERAL blue chip talents that are Flushing-bound in July of this year. I'm not dealing anyone of Niese; Tejada, Murphy, Wright, Ike. As far as trading prospects, I'd move either Harvey; Wheeler, or D'Arnaud + Flores + several prospects that are MLB ready for mid-2014 not named Syndergaard.
    Did you really just say you wouldn't trade for Stanton if the Marlins asked for Niese, Tejada, or Murphy? Please tell me you didn't say that. If we could get Stanton for ONLY those 3 alone, the deal would be done already, and you wouldn't give up any of them? Oh no.......

Imagine, Tejada or Murphy being a deal breaker for a 23 yr old OFer who's already one of the best hitters in the game

vCash
    Remember when Wright came up and after his first 2 or 3 yrs, he was regarded as one of the best 3B in the game, in fact one of the best in the game, period?

What would your thoughts have been if we were in the Marlins position and a team offered a bunch of prospects for Wright, but the best of those prospects was only their 4th best team prospect who was barely top 100, and the rest were outside the top 100 MLB prospects, meanwhile that team has 2 excellent prospects and another that's probably top 30, but they didn't offer any of those 3.

Would you even consider that crap? No f*ckin way. No one would. Let's at least be realistic. I can't get over that initial proposal of a bunch of low level prospects for a star hitting OFer. lol

Ok, I'm done bashing the OP's proposal... sorry didn't mean to offend anyone but that was just an embarrassing, unrealistic, crazy *** offer that would get no attention.

vCash
    I'd rather let him get traded to an AL team or any team outside the NL East. This way he won't be a problem and we would still have a farm system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I'd rather let him get traded to an AL team or any team outside the NL East. This way he won't be a problem and we would still have a farm system.
    That wouldn't be a bad idea either. If someone trades for him they'd definitely have to empty the farm. The asking price will be through the roof. It's been a while since we've had so many good young players/prospects. If a trade is available I'd definitely look into it though. At least see what it'd take.

Having a lineup with the 3, 4, 5 hitters being Wright, Stanton, Ike would be one of the best middle of the orders in the NL. I doubt they'll trade him yet anyway. Probably in a couple yrs they will though.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast