Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The Smitch is wisely self marketing and promoting himself out there. It's been awhile that the former COY is sitting on that NBA tv analyst chair. He is itching to see action and run his own team. The man has always the passion to coach but coaching is not for everybody.

He may or may have influenced a rookie Bargs, that is very hard to determine now. But what I believe is this...Bargs would have turned out differently meaning he would be a possible perennial ASG participant if he was mentored by someone that demands accountability. He is an enigma as others had already pointed out and that synapse inside that brain doesn't fire sometimes when he is on the court. I don't know if it is already too late but the player needs regular counseling from a sports psychologist. I think if he gets traded to a team like the Spurs having Pops lighting his butt all the time, he may eventually realize that he can be a great player if he wants to.

Damn what a waste of talent.

I am sure if gets back in there, he will tease Raptors Nation and his father figure Colangelo that he is the right fit for this team. Lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Neither coach would be mistaken for Gregg Popovich or Red Auerbach. Only in an expansion franchise forum would we debate whether Mitchell or Triano would be the better influence. Mitchell didn't really teach anyone anything. He likes to take credit for Calderon's improvement too and that's complete BS: the biggest jump in Jose's development was the summer he played starter's minutes for Spain when they won the World Championships. He came back in 2007 as an entirely different player, he had found his confidence, found his jump shot, and had a teammate in Garbajosa who helped lift a very poor Raptors team to respectability. Both Colangelo and Mitchell owed a big chunk of their 2007 trophies to the Spanish national team program. Whether Mitchell did or didn't have the green light to work with any player wouldn't have improved them at all. Smitch was a godawful coach who always gave a great interview. Same thing holds today.
    stop pretending to have knowledge that you couldn't possibly possess on this. the arrogance in this post is incredible, particularly the bolded points.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-03-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    It annoyed the hell out of me, when he was fired after being 8-9 after a western road trip.

Triano might have helped the offense, but he f**ked up Barfnani by not holding him accountable for his defense/rebounding.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Huh?

Where the hell did I say this didn't happen?

I'm just saying I'll take the word of Sam Mitchell and Vince Carter who were actually involved in it and the other person that did an interview(can't remember who it was, maybe Mo Pete) than Jalen Rose who has a history of stupid **** coming out of his mouth.

And hell, I'm not even a Sam Mitchell fan.
    Why would you? They have so much more in this situation than than Jalen does so they have mopre incentive to deny the situation.. Vince has been known to do some stupid stuff in his career (fake injuries, tip off plays, etc) so this stuff isn't out of the question. Mitchell is just pure garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    stop pretending to have knowledge that you couldn't possibly possess on this. the arrogance in this post is incredible, particularly the bolded points.
    You seem to have had more faith in smitch then the rest of us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    It annoyed the hell out of me, when he was fired after being 8-9 after a western road trip.

Triano might have helped the offense, but he f**ked up Barfnani by not holding him accountable for his defense/rebounding.
    bargnani ****ed up bargnani if anyone ... and didn't Barg's have his best games under Triano?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    You seem to have had more faith in smitch then the rest of us
    faith? no. but i don't pretend to be witness to what goes on privately between coach and player.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    faith? no. but i don't pretend to be witness to what goes on privately between coach and player.
    Who did that .. Jalen rose ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Who did that .. Jalen rose ?
    if you missed the point of my post go back and read what i bolded from Inks.

vCash
    if you missed the point of my post go back and read what i bolded from Inks.
    i think with bargs its about realizing the type of player he is. no coach is going to motivate him to be a great defender or rebounder but with the right team and role he can be a productive player.

for example i see Denver as a great fit for bargs. they have solid rebounding big men who are good shot blockers in mcgee, faried, and kofus.. you have strong defenders and rebounders on the perimiter in iggy, brewer, & chandler .. all bargs would really have to do is come off the bench for gallo and score.. in this situation i can see bargs being usefull and a productive part of a team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    LOL never seen that!!

I wonder who got more shats in
    we need to put up more shats

Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    I also remember reading another person who was in the locker room that said they did it in a joking manner(maybe Mo Pete or JYD, can't remember)

Which other players did Sam Mitchell purport to fight with?
    http://mikecormack.blogspot.ca/2005/...again-sam.html this was actually pretty funny i thought lol
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-03-2013 at 04:41 PM.

vCash
    Never understood the hate for The Smitch. Was he great? Nope. But he got a lot out of the players. It got a lot worse once he got canned.

How people cant give atleast a little credit to him for players getting better like Jose, or TJ and Bosh is beyond me.

The guy did good for this franchise and didnt exactly look like a fish out of the water like Triano.
    Last edited by The Wise 1; 01-03-2013 at 07:38 PM.

vCash
    I didn't see that much people say he didn't help the team at some point. Everyone is just focusing on the negative things about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise 1 View Post
    Never understood the hate for The Smitch. Was he great? Nope. But he got a lot out of the players. It got a lot worse once he got canned.

How people cant give atleast a little credit to him for players getting better like Jose, or TJ and Bosh is beyond me.
    He definitely did great with some of the players on the team. I always saw him as a great motivator. I think his "analysis" has often been overly simplistic and I wonder if he has the ability to teach lower IQ players, but he got a lot out of players like Garbo, Rasho, AP along with the guys you've mentioned.

Although it is interesting that he hasn't gotten another head coaching job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    He definitely did great with some of the players on the team. I always saw him as a great motivator. I think his "analysis" has often been overly simplistic and I wonder if he has the ability to teach lower IQ players, but he got a lot out of players like Garbo, Rasho, AP along with the guys you've mentioned.

Although it is interesting that he hasn't gotten another head coaching job.
    He was a loud mouth coach. But that doesn't translate to being a motivator. If you constantly get into a verbal/physical dispute with players and they shut you out, you're not motivating at all.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast