Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Except Jalen Rose is a complete moron. Sam Mitchell, Vince Carter and everybody else in the room who wasn't blind as a ****ing bat said that they were just playing around.
    But If you were Sam, would you admit being slammed by your player?
    If you were Vince, would you admit to having issues with coaches and potentially be labelled as a cancer/headcase?
    If you were on the team, would you rat out those guys to the media?

Maybe they were playing around a bit, but that stuff was serious enough that definitely caused issues in the locker room.

vCash
    Right...

Except the player he supposedly fought with said that too. So that makes a ton of sense.
    Why would Carter admit to something like that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    lol jalen tells it best.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qur_eh_xm8s

he also got in a fight with alston
    LOL never seen that!!

I wonder who got more shats in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    But If you were Sam, would you admit being slammed by your player?
    If you were Vince, would you admit to having issues with coaches and potentially be labelled as a cancer/headcase?
    If you were on the team, would you rat out those guys to the media?

Maybe they were playing around a bit, but that stuff was serious enough that definitely caused issues in the locker room.
    What the hell difference would it make to lie? Most of the guys on that team are retired/not playing in the NBA anymore. The only guy who made a big deal about it with Jalen.

And Jalen Rose as a commentator and even as player loved starting ****. That's why the Bulls were so thrilled to trade him for essentially scraps

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    What the hell difference would it make to lie?
    Respect and honour. Why would they try to reveal an embarrasing moment in Vince and Mitchell's career?

Most of the guys on that team are retired/not playing in the NBA anymore. The only guy who made a big deal about it with Jalen.
    Jalen doesn't care that much about respect. That's why he's talking about it.

And Jalen Rose as a commentator and even as player loved starting ****. That's why the Bulls were so thrilled to trade him for essentially scraps
    Well the other people did admit the incident did happen, with the main differential being that Rose said it was serious while everyone else denied it.

The incident happened. No point of debating about something like this. S.Mitch will always be an idiot who thinks acting like a tough guy will get him respect from his players.

vCash
    Right...

Except the player he supposedly fought with said that too. So that makes a ton of sense.
    don't u think the player would need to save face too?

Again I said I wasn't there ... And again this was not the first time we heard about smitch fighting with his players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Respect and honour. Why would they try to reveal an embarrasing moment in Vince and Mitchell's career?

Jalen doesn't care that much about respect. That's why he's talking about it.

Well the other people did admit the incident did happen, with the main differential being that Rose said it was serious while everyone else denied it.

The incident happened. No point of debating about something like this. S.Mitch will always be an idiot who thinks acting like a tough guy will get him respect from his players.
    Huh?

Where the hell did I say this didn't happen?

I'm just saying I'll take the word of Sam Mitchell and Vince Carter who were actually involved in it and the other person that did an interview(can't remember who it was, maybe Mo Pete) than Jalen Rose who has a history of stupid **** coming out of his mouth.

And hell, I'm not even a Sam Mitchell fan.

All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    who knows. there is no doubt in my mind he'd be a better player today if Mitchell doesn't get canned in favor of Triano. i'm sure at the time Bargnani thought it was great though.
    We all know what Barg's needs to be effective and imo it goes beyond coaching ..

vCash
    don't u think the player would need to save face too?

Again I said I wasn't there ... And again this was not the first time we heard about smitch fighting with his players
    I also remember reading another person who was in the locker room that said they did it in a joking manner(maybe Mo Pete or JYD, can't remember)

Which other players did Sam Mitchell purport to fight with?

vCash
    Huh?

Where the hell did I say this didn't happen?

I'm just saying I'll take the word of Sam Mitchell and Vince Carter who were actually involved in it and the other person that did an interview(can't remember who it was, maybe Mo Pete) than Jalen Rose who has a history of stupid **** coming out of his mouth.

And hell, I'm not even a Sam Mitchell fan.
    I don't even see why this is worth debating my man.. Ppl will try to save face obviously. AGAIN this is not the first time smitch was rumoured to be in an altercation with one of his players .. Believe what you will

lets get back to the topic
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-03-2013 at 12:09 AM.

vCash
    Does Sam even coach in the league anymore?

Enough said!

vCash
    Yeah Sam really cuddled Bargnani

when GM bryan colangelo pulled the Jermaine O'Neal trade, who do you think had a say in it? Sam Mitchell, and BC listened and pulled the trigger knowing that this would mean another 2 years of Bargnani on the bench, even though he already spent his rook and sophomore season on the bench, so if JO filled out then that would mean Sam Mitchell would've had Bargnani 4 years on the bench. Is that cuddling your 1st overall pick as Sam Mitchell makes it out to be.

I remember a lot of us wanted Sam Mitchell to stop putting Bargnani under the bus? Because that is what "Smitch" does. He never liked rookies and he gave them a hard time, like he did with Jose Calderon

This more sounds like Sam Mitchell making excuses and subtly blaming Bargnani for his failures. It would make sense if Sam Mitchell said that about Bargnani now, but to say that he had to cuddle Bargnani during his tenure is a lie and an excuse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    who knows. there is no doubt in my mind he'd be a better player today if Mitchell doesn't get canned in favor of Triano. i'm sure at the time Bargnani thought it was great though.
    Neither coach would be mistaken for Gregg Popovich or Red Auerbach. Only in an expansion franchise forum would we debate whether Mitchell or Triano would be the better influence. Mitchell didn't really teach anyone anything. He likes to take credit for Calderon's improvement too and that's complete BS: the biggest jump in Jose's development was the summer he played starter's minutes for Spain when they won the World Championships. He came back in 2007 as an entirely different player, he had found his confidence, found his jump shot, and had a teammate in Garbajosa who helped lift a very poor Raptors team to respectability. Both Colangelo and Mitchell owed a big chunk of their 2007 trophies to the Spanish national team program. Whether Mitchell did or didn't have the green light to work with any player wouldn't have improved them at all. Smitch was a godawful coach who always gave a great interview. Same thing holds today.
    Last edited by ink; 01-03-2013 at 07:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    I think that it is to a certain extent but it's also partially the truth. Though playing bargnani at sf didn't help matters. They really couldn't figure out what they wanted him to do and it just created no position or consistency for him on the floor. Plus, what do you focus on improving if you're playing sf,pf and c in the course of a season.
    Exactly. Best post in the thread. canzano nailed it too in a thread in 2007 when he cited soccer players whose careers were destroyed by having to play out of position. It's a combination of a lot of things. Imagine giving the green light to a fool of a coach like Smitch was and adding that element of damage to a struggling player's problems. He would have hurt more than helped. Sam was a great guy but not one of the brighter lights in the league.

vCash
    really ? his body language sucked and he was soo whiny ... dislike the guy as a coach.
    But those suits.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast