Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargedx View Post
    Both Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews are staying in school. which means unless Luke Joeckel falls to us or we trade up for him, our offensive line help will have to come through free agency or later in the draft. Maybe Eric Fisher wouldn't be bad if he is still there by our pick.

RD1: CB Dee Milliner
    RD2: T Lane Johnson
    RD3: RB Eddie Lacy
    RD4: CB/S? Tyrann Mathieu

I think Dee Milliner would be the best option to go if Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher are off the board. We would then get our O-Line help in Round 2 with Lane Johnson. Our back up plan at RB in round 3 with Eddie Lacy, and only if we are able to get O-Line, Corner, and RB help then i would gamble on Tyrann Mathieu if he's still there.
    While I agree that we will need some help at CB, I think the most glaring hole is the oline. With Lewan and Matthews out, then it's Fisher or Warmack. I just can't see both of them being gone at 11.

I would like Lacy in the 3rd for sure.

And I seriously would not be upset if we take oline with our first two picks. Philip Rivers is one of the best QBs in the league, but our line made him look like a scrub (some of his mistakes were all on him).
    Bruins, Chargers, Blue Jays, Raptors

vCash
    Milliner will be gone before he gets to us. Detroit will grab him for sure. They're secondary was awful last year. I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down if we can't find a 1st round tackle or CB at our position. I'd love to have Warmack, but not that early. He should last until 18.

vCash
    I love trading down.
    I like what the Broncos did last year. Kept trading down because they knew no one had Wolfe in the 1st round.

North County San Diego, CA... You know, the Whales Vagina
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
    While I agree that we will need some help at CB, I think the most glaring hole is the oline. With Lewan and Matthews out, then it's Fisher or Warmack. I just can't see both of them being gone at 11.

I would like Lacy in the 3rd for sure.

And I seriously would not be upset if we take oline with our first two picks. Philip Rivers is one of the best QBs in the league, but our line made him look like a scrub (some of his mistakes were all on him).
    Last year our most glaring holes were on D and we addressed it in the offseason. In the process we overlooked our offesnse and Oline and focused while focusing on our D. That was a mistake that cost us a season and Turner and Smith their jobs. Now you are suggesting essentially repeating that mistake and completely overlooking the D and focusing on the Oline and Running game. No!

Jammer's contract ($7 Million) is up and he got burnt all last year. We need a long term answer at the CB position or at least to keep building on both sides of the ball. This is a passing league now and we have a young aggressive front seven. If you mix that with a talented secondary we will be tough to beat.

Also, you don't need to draft a running back in early rounds to get production. Alfred Morris was a sixth round draft pick for Washington last year and he rushed for 1,613 yards had 13 touchdowns and averaged 4.8 ypc. This was not a fluke. Shanahan also drafted Terrell Davis in the seventh and we remember that story. Both teams had excellent Olines though!

My point is stay balanced when you draft, especially if you are going to be a team that builds through the draft like the Chargers have been and will be.

North County San Diego, CA... You know, the Whales Vagina
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    Milliner will be gone before he gets to us. Detroit will grab him for sure. They're secondary was awful last year. I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down if we can't find a 1st round tackle or CB at our position. I'd love to have Warmack, but not that early. He should last until 18.
    This is why as fun as it is to pick out our ideal draft picks there are too many variables. Who knows what will play out on draft day or at the combine. Looking forward to the Senior bowl by the way.

It should be a great test for our new management. Lets go!

vCash
    would anyone want Denard Robinson if he was available in the 4th?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gattaca
    I love trading down.
    I like what the Broncos did last year. Kept trading down because they knew no one had Wolfe in the 1st round.
    great post, and i agree with your sentiment. especially this year, let's stockpile some picks! if our core group is gone by the time we draft, we need to get most 1st day picks. an extra 2nd rounder would do wonder this year when we have so many holes and when the draft class projects to be weak as a whole. in that case, i'd blow my 1st and 2 2nds on the line and maybe a stout pass-rusher. that would cure a lot of the team's current ails.

vCash
    would anyone want Denard Robinson if he was available in the 4th?
    it would be worth a thought, but i'd pass. as a QB, no thanks. as a RB, i think we could do better. and i don't want to see our offense turn into that of the jets with their dual QB fiasco.

vCash
    Last year, I never thought that Melvin Ingram would fall to us (not that it was worth it based on the season)

I think there is a chance that Joeckel could fall to us.

I dont want to trade up to get him though.

vCash
    Last year, I never thought that Melvin Ingram would fall to us (not that it was worth it based on the season)

I think there is a chance that Joeckel could fall to us.

I dont want to trade up to get him though.
    if he's still on the board when we pick, it would be a no-brainer, to me, to snag him.

if he's gone, the thought of trading down would creep into my mind. i don't see a lot of players that are head and shoulders above the rest, like we saw last year.

vCash
    We'd take a RB in the 4th before a QB. QB is not very strong this year. We're sure to draft CB and OL this year, probably 4 in the first 5 rounds.

vCash
    we could wait until the 5th to go RB and snag another michael 'the burner' turner.

vCash
    Unfortunately, they're looking more for a Sproles type back. Big mistake if they go that way. We need another back who can run between the tackles if Matthews goes down. I think we can find an elite RB in the mid 4th round if we draft a CB and two OL in the first 3 rounds. Monte Bell is supposed to go in the 4th.

vCash
    I'm with you. The last thing we need from the RB spot is another injury concern. As great as Sproles and his kind are, we need a stout beast like Montee Ball.

I'm starting to only consider trade-downs. Even if one great player is available at 11, we are not one great player away from making the playoffs...more like several decent players. So, let's trade down, get an extra 2nd or 3rd, and solidify the line and get a CB for the future, all in rounds 1-3.

vCash
    We'll know if 2 QBs are taken in the first 10 picks or 3 QBs in the first round. If so, That could really open things for us. If Garrard gets signed by the Jets and Alex Smith gets moved to the Chiefs, more likely only 1 QB will go in the first 15 picks. Can't wait for the draft and start of FA this weekend.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast