Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Free Agent and the Draft

Name who you would like the Chargers to sign in free agency, and name who (or what position) you would like to see the chargers draft.

Free Agency:
    Realistic:
    My #1 guy is Andy Levitre. He played guard for the Bills since being drafted in the 2nd round in 2009. He is the best free agent guard out there and could easily start ahead of any charger (except Vasquez). I have no idea if the Bills are going to re-sign him or not.

If we cannot get Levitre, I would take a shot at Jake Long, LT. He'd be better than Gaither, who seems to have taken the money, and run. Bastard.

The Draft:
    I know he wont be at #11, but I would love Luke Joeckel, OL, Texas A&M. Most likely, Taylor Lewan, OL Michigan will be available at #11. If not, maybe Chance Warmack, G, Alabama. One of these three PLEASE!

2nd Round, we could take best OL, CB or RB available and same with the 3rd round.
    Bruins, Chargers, Blue Jays, Raptors

vCash
    i agree that joeckel will most likely be gone at #11. i am sold on taylor lewan and would welcome him with open arms. instant upgrade at the line. although, it would be harder to make our line much worse. yikes.

vCash
    CB Marcus Trufant from Seattle. He would be an upgrade over Jammer and would challenge the young ones for the starting job. I say we sign both Levitre and Jake Long. Draft Lewan, who can play LT and RT. OL fixed.

Cut Gaither and Clary. Make sure we have some quality back-ups via FA or the draft who are not brittle and can play with some upside. Hopefully Troutman can man-up this year.

We absolutely need to get a RB this year, especially with Mathews being so brittle. This draft is chalk full of them and with only a few teams needing RB, we can snag a good one without surrending a top two pick. Monte Ball please. He's the best pure runner in the group and doesn't have the injury issues 2 of the top 5 backs do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Suns4ever67 View Post
    CB Marcus Trufant from Seattle. He would be an upgrade over Jammer and would challenge the young ones for the starting job. I say we sign both Levitre and Jake Long. Draft Lewan, who can play LT and RT. OL fixed.

Cut Gaither and Clary. Make sure we have some quality back-ups via FA or the draft who are not brittle and can play with some upside. Hopefully Troutman can man-up this year.

We absolutely need to get a RB this year, especially with Mathews being so brittle. This draft is chalk full of them and with only a few teams needing RB, we can snag a good one without surrending a top two pick. Monte Ball please. He's the best pure runner in the group and doesn't have the injury issues 2 of the top 5 backs do.
    that guy can ball. i'd love him to start with cason. in this scenario, we could move jammer to SS (still not sold on the idea, but at this point, it wouldn't hurt to gamble), not worry about drafting a CB til 2014, and SHORE UP THE O-LINE. if our next GM were to waste 4 of our first 5 picks on the o-line, i wouldn't mind; i'd be extremely happy.

the o-line is what got AJ and norv fired, got rivers so much worse, and couldn't do anything to help mathews before he went down again.

in short, the line is the most cause for concern.
    Last edited by friarfan07; 01-03-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: 2014 is now next year!

North County San Diego, CA... You know, the Whales Vagina
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
    Name who you would like the Chargers to sign in free agency, and name who (or what position) you would like to see the chargers draft.

Free Agency:
    Realistic:
    My #1 guy is Andy Levitre. He played guard for the Bills since being drafted in the 2nd round in 2009. He is the best free agent guard out there and could easily start ahead of any charger (except Vasquez). I have no idea if the Bills are going to re-sign him or not.

If we cannot get Levitre, I would take a shot at Jake Long, LT. He'd be better than Gaither, who seems to have taken the money, and run. Bastard.

The Draft:
    I know he wont be at #11, but I would love Luke Joeckel, OL, Texas A&M. Most likely, Taylor Lewan, OL Michigan will be available at #11. If not, maybe Chance Warmack, G, Alabama. One of these three PLEASE!

2nd Round, we could take best OL, CB or RB available and same with the 3rd round.
    Haha! I don't know if you read the other forums but Levitre and Long were the two free agents that I mentioned and would love to see in SD. Levitre is a bit undersized but is a beast and would really help Rivers and the passing game as well as open up some holes in the run game. He is also quick and is excellent for screen plays.

Long would be my number 1 guy and the Chargers will have the cap space. I guess we will see how bad the new Management wants to build the team as Long is a solid pass rusher and outstanding run blocker. He also could bring a physicality and attitude to our line that is highly needed. Get em Jimmie Ray!

Either way we draft Lewan with our first pick. He is solid pass and run blocker and plays with an attitude. We need confidence and attitude to help revamp that line. Then we look at CB's and RB's LB's. At that point it is really best player available.

vCash
    Is Alexander under contract this year? Outside him our wrs are bleh. That with Vincent being healthy could help

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by friarfan07 View Post
    that guy can ball. i'd love him to start with cason. in this scenario, we could move jammer to SS (still not sold on the idea, but at this point, it wouldn't hurt to gamble), not worry about drafting a CB til 2014, and SHORE UP THE O-LINE. if our next GM were to waste 4 of our first 5 picks on the o-line, i wouldn't mind; i'd be extremely happy.

the o-line is what got AJ and norv fired, got rivers so much worse, and couldn't do anything to help mathews before he went down again.

in short, the line is the most cause for concern.
    Yeah. Oline, Oline, Oline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    Is Alexander under contract this year? Outside him our wrs are bleh. That with Vincent being healthy could help
    His contract expires at the end of this year. We will more than likely be looking to retain him. Floyd played well this year and Vincent Brown should have a great year next year. Michael Spurlock showed he has some bursts of greatness and needs more reps as well. With Alexander and Floyd on the outside and Brown and Spurlock working the slots I like our chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Hero View Post
    His contract expires at the end of this year. We will more than likely be looking to retain him. Floyd played well this year and Vincent Brown should have a great year next year. Michael Spurlock showed he has some bursts of greatness and needs more reps as well. With Alexander and Floyd on the outside and Brown and Spurlock working the slots I like our chances.
    Yes, I believe that Alexander is a free agent, but I don't think re-signing him is going to be an issue.

Floyd can play. Vincent Brown can play. Gates can play. Rivers is awesome. We just need an o-line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
    Yes, I believe that Alexander is a free agent, but I don't think re-signing him is going to be an issue.

Floyd can play. Vincent Brown can play. Gates can play. Rivers is awesome. We just need an o-line.
    Let's not forget about Michael Spurlock. The kid returned two touchdowns this year on special teams. He is a YAC guy and given more time to develop with Rivers should prove to be quiet an asset on our O.

But I think everyone and there mother knows that we need to revamp our Oline this off-season. Let's just not sleep on the other key areas.

vCash
    ^ spurlock most certainly need be locked up. he broke out and needs to be PAID!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by friarfan07 View Post
    ^ spurlock most certainly need be locked up. he broke out and needs to be PAID!
    In the words of the great and always late Deon Sanders... Pay the Man!

But not too much we got holes to fill. Haha

vCash
    After watching the National Title game I really hope the Chargers can get Eddie Lacy in the draft, also if all the 1st round offensive line talent is gone by our pick i would love Dee Milliner

vCash
    Yep, Lacy is rated the #5 RB in the draft, that is how deep this draft is at RB. Many teams aren't even looking to draft a #1 back. That why I think Lacy and others will be there in the early 3rd round. We'd be dumb to pass that up, after we traded a #1 and #2 to get Mathews, and we can possibly get a better, more durable back in the 3rd.

We should take a hard look at the Alabama center, Barrett Jones, who can play C, G, and T. He could start OG, then move to center when Hardwick retires or gets hurt. If we go o-line in the 1st four rounds, I hope we keep an eye on him.

vCash
    Both Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews are staying in school. which means unless Luke Joeckel falls to us or we trade up for him, our offensive line help will have to come through free agency or later in the draft. Maybe Eric Fisher wouldn't be bad if he is still there by our pick.

RD1: CB Dee Milliner
    RD2: T Lane Johnson
    RD3: RB Eddie Lacy
    RD4: CB/S? Tyrann Mathieu

I think Dee Milliner would be the best option to go if Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher are off the board. We would then get our O-Line help in Round 2 with Lane Johnson. Our back up plan at RB in round 3 with Eddie Lacy, and only if we are able to get O-Line, Corner, and RB help then i would gamble on Tyrann Mathieu if he's still there.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast