Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    I just want to make a point because there was a debate between Lee and Amare. I will reiterate. David Lee's defense was NEVER as bad as Amare's. Lee didnt lack awareness he just lacked effort (ONLY during the D'antoni years, before that he was a scrappy player) Not to mention Lee was our friggin Center lol. Believe me, put David Lee on this team and he would play above average defense. Lee listens to coaches.

Lol rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks2307 View Post
    I just want to make a point because there was a debate between Lee and Amare. I will reiterate. David Lee's defense was NEVER as bad as Amare's. Lee didnt lack awareness he just lacked effort (ONLY during the D'antoni years, before that he was a scrappy player) Not to mention Lee was our friggin Center lol. Believe me, put David Lee on this team and he would play above average defense. Lee listens to coaches.

Lol rant over.
    Lee didn't even lack effort, he just lacked the physicality and presence required to be a defensive anchor. This dude was asked to anchor the D for an NBA team playing Al Harrington at PF. Thats not fair to him. Dude is like 6'7-6'8 with decent hops but short arms and brought no interior presence.

Put him next to Tyson and Camby and he will make his rotations on time and understand where he needs to be on the court. Thats Amare's issue. Amare has the physical presence part down. I don't think effort is a major reason for either of their issues defensively.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    yes he said this last year to i think. but common...learn defense already

vCash
    For those who question Amare's defense. It can and will be good enough and for much of his career has been (especially when he has had fresher and younger legs under him)

If you believe Melo has all of a sudden learned defense this year then you are sdaly mistaken as well. Melo has always been a good defender. His increased difference presence this year is due to effort, conditioning, confidence, desire and maturity. Plus he's just genuinely happier in NYC than he was in DEN.

Among active players Amare is

Top 50 in the DWS
    Top 50 in DRating
    Top 20 in Blk%
    Top 30 DR%
    Top 20 Blks
    Top 30 DRs

You all need to stop worrying and or get over yourselves.

vCash
    He looked pretty good on defense yesterday.
    My team, my city.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lee didn't even lack effort, he just lacked the physicality and presence required to be a defensive anchor. This dude was asked to anchor the D for an NBA team playing Al Harrington at PF. Thats not fair to him. Dude is like 6'7-6'8 with decent hops but short arms and brought no interior presence.

Put him next to Tyson and Camby and he will make his rotations on time and understand where he needs to be on the court. Thats Amare's issue. Amare has the physical presence part down. I don't think effort is a major reason for either of their issues defensively.
    I watch DLee regularly these days and nothing about his def or def effort ever stands out as problematic. Furthermore, he is certainly not a liability to his team. If anything he is playing like an All Star and their MVP. DLee is performing very well in a system that caters toward his strengths and doesn't lean too heavily on him for either defensive or scoring presence (like the Knicks did). The job he and MJ are doing over in GS is outstanding. They really have a bright future (as long as Curry's ankles hold up for the next few years).

vCash
    Hey amare i bet nobody teach you how to ******** but you learned it anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post

It aint easy being cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWaLM-h5BrM

Neil Peart is overrated

vCash
    Mike D with the dig!

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Mike D'Antoni called Amar'e Stoudemire's statement that he had never been taught defense in his career "mind-boggling."

D'Antoni coached Stoudemire for 6˝ seasons with the Suns and the Knicks. He has never been known as a defensive coach, but he got a little defensive after Stoudemire's comment Wednesday in praise of Mike Woodson, who replaced D'Antoni as Knicks coach last March.

"I don't think he meant it bad,'' D'Antoni told reporters in Los Angeles Friday. "It's mind-boggling, but I don't think he meant it bad.

"I mean, come on. He threw Frank Johnson, myself, Alvin Gentry and actually Mike Woodson [under the bus]. Was [Woodson] saving the good stuff? Because he coached him eight months and he was the defensive coach. It doesn't make any sense.''

Stoudemire, who came back this week after missing 30 games following left knee surgery, was discussing his defense when he said: "Just having a defensive coach for the first time in my career is going to help. I've never been taught defense in my whole career."

Stoudemire made a similar comment about Gentry in 2010. He said Gentry was the first coach to teach him defense. Gentry replaced Terry Porter, who succeeded D'Antoni in Phoenix.

"A lot of times, players will say things just to say things," D'Antoni said. "I have a good relationship with him. He's a good guy and I [wish] him the best. You know, if he's learning, great. He needs it. That would be super. It just boggles the mind.''

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post

It aint easy being cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWaLM-h5BrM

Neil Peart is overrated
    it's been awhile since i saw that lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Mike D with the dig!

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Mike D'Antoni called Amar'e Stoudemire's statement that he had never been taught defense in his career "mind-boggling."

D'Antoni coached Stoudemire for 6˝ seasons with the Suns and the Knicks. He has never been known as a defensive coach, but he got a little defensive after Stoudemire's comment Wednesday in praise of Mike Woodson, who replaced D'Antoni as Knicks coach last March.

"I don't think he meant it bad,'' D'Antoni told reporters in Los Angeles Friday. "It's mind-boggling, but I don't think he meant it bad.

"I mean, come on. He threw Frank Johnson, myself, Alvin Gentry and actually Mike Woodson [under the bus]. Was [Woodson] saving the good stuff? Because he coached him eight months and he was the defensive coach. It doesn't make any sense.''

Stoudemire, who came back this week after missing 30 games following left knee surgery, was discussing his defense when he said: "Just having a defensive coach for the first time in my career is going to help. I've never been taught defense in my whole career."

Stoudemire made a similar comment about Gentry in 2010. He said Gentry was the first coach to teach him defense. Gentry replaced Terry Porter, who succeeded D'Antoni in Phoenix.
    Amare should have kept his big mouth shut but than again NY media is no saint they get you bad and you won't notice until the next day lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    It almost makes sense thinking about who his coach has been since he entered the NBA. Let's all just hope that Woody can teach him what needs to be done. If any coach can teach him defense it's Woody.
    I agree, Ive been saying that for years about him in relation to DAntoni...
    wasnt Stat drafted right out of high school?!?!
    IDK why people would find it so hard to believe he needed coaching to develop his Defensive prowls.
    The Future is Now

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    If you ask him, I'll bet he says phenomenal and dominant.

vCash
    It's One Thing To point out obvious mistakes & it's another to bash somebody with completely biased statements and just dislike for Amaré Stoudemire ... he can do ALOT More as far as defensive wise and rebounding ..no question about that ...but you people really need to stop this hate for this man this **** is really ridiculous ... When i go on my rants about the obvious truths on Tyson Chandler i get ban threats for it when it's the obvious truth ... he definitely picked up his play defensively without question ...it's respectable now (Tyson Chandlers defense) but i see all kinda b.s here & i gotta repeat it again ... This is not Antonio McDyess ... Wtf .. This (before Carmelo) is the best player the knicks have had for ten years idc what nobody tell me .. Allan Houston, spree , Marbury , Jamal, Nate , Lee ... he was the best player in the league after being expected to be the player he was last season ... It's his first games back ...he's looked ok could be alot better ... and he should be touching the ball more but he could be far better on the defense, and rebounding and that's more than obvious but it's just a hate you people have for this man but when Tyson Chandler struggles he gets the benefit of the doubt .. i don't understand ..and when i point it out I'm a troll

Stat has ways to go this season and im not impressed whatsoever so far but i just hope he doesn't get traded ... he better pick up .. i know he will and i know he can return to that level ...in time

vCash
    I'm pretty sure what Amar'e meant was that he was being taught defense as an EMPHASIS, and that a defensive emphasis was rare to non-existent in his career. That's a common sense interpretation of his words, and it's probably true.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast