Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Amare basically played in a zone defense for 10 years. This scheme is a different animal.

I just hope he does improve there. Knicks need his offense badly, specifically for those stretches when Melo isn't on the floor. Even with JR...they're too shot happy, that interior presence (even off the pick and roll) will open things up like Melo/Tyson does.

However, instead of looking to return to dominance and put up 20+, if he can make an impact rebounding and defending, I'm sure everybody will be happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Camby in a defensive unit? Not with this coach silly.
    I think if this coach had his way Camby would never see any Unit..not sure what his deal is with Camby:cry:

vCash
    This isn't the first time he's said this. IIRC before we signed him in the summer of '10 he made the exact same comments which many of us thought was a veiled shot at D'Antoni

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    okay but can you switch Brewer with JR please? Or Sheed? And can Tyson actually play defense once in awhile?

Our best defensive unit ?when healthy,

Ray, Iman, Melo, Camby, Tyson

And you know what they will put some offense up as well.
    I had to fix that for you...
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    This isn't the first time he's said this. IIRC before we signed him in the summer of '10 he made the exact same comments which many of us thought was a veiled shot at D'Antoni
    Remember that article that came out a while ago with Jalen Rose bashing D'Antoni for not preparing his teams on the defensive end. D'Antoni just preaches offense and makes his players feel like the defense is of little significance.

Here's an excerpt which seems fitting since our next game is against the Spurs and he mentions Kurt Thomas as well:

I played for the Phoenix Suns. 2007. My last season. As were playing against the San Antonio Spurs. And I remember us coming to our first practice before Game 1. And we brought it in. And we were excited about our playoffs getting started. And Coach D'Antoni put in some film. It was Steve behind the back. Amare slam dunk. Shawn Marion with the block. Raja Bell with the charge. It was a highlight film of our team. They have showed me making a shot on there, and I was barely even playing.

So after that he as like all right, we're going to run and down, go through our set plays and whatnot, and we're going to get out of here.

And I looked at Kurt Thomas. I hit him with an elbow. I'm like hold on. I gotta say something.

So I did my Arnold Horshack from "Welcome Back, Kotter."

I'm like "ooh, ooh, ooh, hey coach. I gotta ask a question. Are we going to talk about how we're going to defend Tim Duncan on the post? Are we going to talk about Manu Ginobili in pick and roll? Keeping Tony Parker out of the paint?"

He looked at me in front of the entire team and coaching staff and said: "We're not worried about what they do. If we play to the best of our abilities, and do what we're supposed to do, there is no way they can beat us. We don't mind if Tim goes off. If Tim goes off, that means everybody else is quiet."

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...d-mbah-a-moute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    Remember that article that came out a while ago with Jalen Rose bashing D'Antoni for not preparing his teams on the defensive end. D'Antoni just preaches offense and makes his players feel like the defense is of little significance.

Here's an excerpt which seems fitting since our next game is against the Spurs and he mentions Kurt Thomas as well:

I played for the Phoenix Suns. 2007. My last season. As were playing against the San Antonio Spurs. And I remember us coming to our first practice before Game 1. And we brought it in. And we were excited about our playoffs getting started. And Coach D'Antoni put in some film. It was Steve behind the back. Amare slam dunk. Shawn Marion with the block. Raja Bell with the charge. It was a highlight film of our team. They have showed me making a shot on there, and I was barely even playing.

So after that he as like all right, we're going to run and down, go through our set plays and whatnot, and we're going to get out of here.

And I looked at Kurt Thomas. I hit him with an elbow. I'm like hold on. I gotta say something.

So I did my Arnold Horshack from "Welcome Back, Kotter."

I'm like "ooh, ooh, ooh, hey coach. I gotta ask a question. Are we going to talk about how we're going to defend Tim Duncan on the post? Are we going to talk about Manu Ginobili in pick and roll? Keeping Tony Parker out of the paint?"

He looked at me in front of the entire team and coaching staff and said: "We're not worried about what they do. If we play to the best of our abilities, and do what we're supposed to do, there is no way they can beat us. We don't mind if Tim goes off. If Tim goes off, that means everybody else is quiet."

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...d-mbah-a-moute

Nuff said

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Trust me Amare, we know.
    God how bad did he look on that Hickson oop. NBA.com was laughing so hard at that play and people still want to start Amare???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TcrPL40L9I#t=00m47s
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    Considering the amount of fruitless talk we've gotten out of Amar'e since basically day one, it's become apparent that he'll say precisely the right thing to avoid the focus being put on his game.

Less rhetoric, more mental application to making blaring weaknesses strengths.

15 games; the verdict is out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    It's not, and it never was. It's a veiled attempt at his inability to admit he's a below average defender. You'd think his ego would push him to apply his mind to it, but it seems his mind is more suited to rhetoric media pleasing and fashion.

Speaking of fashion, the only seams Amar'e need be concerned about are the immense, wide open ones that make up his all around defensive game.

Face palm smilies are gold.

vCash
    I had Amare's back pretty much all throughout last season. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I think it was the fire extinguisher incident that set me over the edge. It might have been before that though. I got burned by that dude way too many times. I am rooting for the guy, I give him his due as the first domino who started all this and embraced the NYC spotlight and pressure, I respect what he has done in the past, I just see a player who is declining faster than Elton Brand circa 2009.

I also think Amare is the very definition of a 'system player'. We are a slow paced, half court team. Thats a very detail oriented way to play, and possessions hold more value than a speedball attack like Amare thrived in. Those types of a games, a wide open dunk here, lose your man for a backdoor layup there, horrible turnover here, give up 20-10 to a scrub - its all good, the game had a ton of extra possessions, Amare dropped 42-10 and you won 124-116.

That doesn't fly in this newfound style of play.
    You are so on point with this post that I wish I could give you an award
    Spot on and 100% correct! I do feel he should still get some really easy buckets with the point guard combination we have out there.

vCash
    I know it was his 1st game back, but Mike Woodson made it clear on multiple occations that he will not tolerate lack of defense (pulled him aside multiple times after mistakes).

Woodson is the coach in which Amare will buy into, no doubt in my mind. Once Amare gets his game shape back in him, and starts moving his feet and listens to coach W. No doubt in my mind he will be a top contributor on this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    if bulls win the series ill leave this site forever
    I will for one time in my life actually root for the bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    God how bad did he look on that Hickson oop. NBA.com was laughing so hard at that play and people still want to start Amare???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TcrPL40L9I#t=00m47s
    I'm not blaming Amare for our D, cause it has sucked before he came back, but thats primetime STAT defense right there. Even Smitty said it, he's turning around, hes looking all over the place, and his man just sneaks in behind him.

Amare has zero concept of 'see your ball, see your man'. Never has. He either ball watches (which he did right there) and loses his man, or he 'people watches', locks in on the guy he is defending, and than the guy with the ball dribbles past him for a layup while he misses the help rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    Don't group me in with looter that guy is a troll.

When I argue with people I present the facts, use logic, and try to have a rational debate. Typical responses I get are Amare brawt tha Knickz back took on the challenge, blah blah blah, or insults. Only person who didn't do that arguing with me was nycerican.

D never really defended STAT, he just said he was optimistic for the future.

As for Stoudemire, I've written more than I needed to about him, but his game is just horrible. It's literally nauseating to watch. No intangibles at all. Think about what this guy does. If isn't knocking down jumpers he's pretty much useless and he hasn't been consistent with them in a while. So now he does that stupid stutter with the ball in hands which results in a TO 75% of the time. Oh and he's also good getting spoon fed on the pick and roll. Otherwise he just stands around hurting the team, doing literally ever possible thing he could be doing wrong. This guy is just a complete liability on the court.

I don't see how any knowledgeable intelligent basketball fan can be a fan of this scrub.
    I honestly have no freakin' clue how that move was ever effective, and I remember it was during 2010. Its the worst 1 on 1 offensive move I have ever seen. Amare really can't create offense very well when he catches it in a standstill and needs to get past his man. He only really has north-south movement and sucks moving side to side. You have to get him the ball on the move with a step on his man for him to be effective.

But seriously, what is that freakin' move, who taught him that garbade? Its like he stutters, swings the ball side to side, gets nowhere, tries to spin towards the baseline, steps out of bounds

vCash
    Amare is never gonna make an all defensive team or anything I just want him to hold his own on the defensive end as far as rotations, and staying in front of his man is concerned. It would also help if he learns how to box out effectively and up his rpg....

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    I'm not blaming Amare for our D, cause it has sucked before he came back, but thats primetime STAT defense right there. Even Smitty said it, he's turning around, hes looking all over the place, and his man just sneaks in behind him.

Amare has zero concept of 'see your ball, see your man'. Never has. He either ball watches (which he did right there) and loses his man, or he 'people watches', locks in on the guy he is defending, and than the guy with the ball dribbles past him for a layup while he misses the help rotation.
    The Knicks defense has been below average, but that doesn't mean I/we should want it to just hit rock bottom with Amare on the court more.

As bad as the knicks have been, I don't want them to be giving up alley oop dunks with 17 seconds on the shot clock. Amare is what everybody still believes JR Smith is, an offensive weapon that is good for making buckets. He is a 6th man.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast