Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Can't teach an old dawg new tricks. Amare is what he is. If he isn't scoring he ain't worth a darn. Force feed him to make him look good and trade him and Shumpert for Josh Smith.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Can't teach an old dawg new tricks. Amare is what he is. If he isn't scoring he ain't worth a darn. Force feed him to make him look good and trade him and Shumpert for Josh Smith.
    Amare is basically untradeable due to his contract and now you want to trade Shump also? Under your name it says Trade Melo..do you want him gone as well?

vCash
    nobody trades my Shump, no matter what, he is the present and the future.

Wait till he returns he is our best perimeter defender, he is a great slasher and runs the court great, and with all this practice time his shot appears to be money.

Tell me I'm crazy but wait till next yr and he will be in conversations with the best guards in the league.

Now Amare I'd have to say he simply don't fit, back game ready or whatever, I don't see the fit.

If there is any trade that brings back anything Knicks would be fools, but I doubt it strongly.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    nobody trades my Shump, no matter what, he is the present and the future.

Wait till he returns he is our best perimeter defender, he is a great slasher and runs the court great, and with all this practice time his shot appears to be money.

Tell me I'm crazy but wait till next yr and he will be in conversations with the best guards in the league.

Now Amare I'd have to say he simply don't fit, back game ready or whatever, I don't see the fit.

If there is any trade that brings back anything Knicks would be fools, but I doubt it strongly.
    Check the Shump interview i posted in his thread!

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    During practice Wednesday, Woodson had to go over to Stoudemire to instruct him about a bad angle and posture he was taking when trying to stop his man from going baseline. It truly seemed to be the basic fundamentals.

Woodson said Stoudemire mostly struggled on their pick-and-roll defense, saying a lot has changed since last season on how they defend it.

Read more: Amar'e Stoudemire promises to improve after never being 'taught defense' http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...#ixzz2GsE3mleZ
    Its gotta be like teaching a 4th grader defense.

I say this all the time, Amare has the worst defensive stance/posture I have ever seen. He literally stands straight up with his legs fully extended and instead of bending his knees and keeping his back straight he just leans forward like a hunchback.

He needs to spend all practice doing grade school defensive slide drills.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-02-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Our defense has fallen because we loss Shump, he belongs here.
    Not to mention he is Larry Bird offensively compared to Brewer.
    I want my Kidd/Iman/Brewer/Melo/Tyson defensive unit so bad.

vCash
    Amar'e's become a broken record over the years, he's been talking a good game since he's been here and you can't fault the guy I guess for thinking optimistically.

This isn't new news though, he's mentioned his lack of knowledge on the defensive end the past couple years here even when D'antoni was at the helm, which could've been perceived as an indirect insult towards Mike D'antoni and Alvin Gentry.

I don't know what to think anymore. We could use the guys offense as he does have a pretty versatile game on that end, but his defense is what it is. No one can expect him to change too much on that end at 30 years old. With other guys on our team from last year, it was lack of trying. Amar'e's defensive issues unfortunately are much deeper than him putting consistent effort on that end; he just doesn't have the cerebral chops to be dominant defensively.

It's one of the bigger conundrums in the league- when you look at his size and freakish athleticism it makes no sense he doesn't average double digit boards for his career AND at least be an average/above average defender. His only true saving grace on the defensive side is that he does come up with 'timely blocks," almost to the same effect that Felton comes up with "timely hoops." Few and far between unfortunately.

But I'm a knick die hard, so I'm going to root for the guy to succeed and make everyone on our forum eat crow including myself. Would love that, but doesn't seem too pragmatic.
    Last edited by Dankster; 01-02-2013 at 09:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Its gotta be like teaching a 4th grader defense.

I say this all the time, Amare has the worst defensive stance/posture I have ever seen. He literally stands straight up with his legs fully extended and instead of bending his knees and keeping his back straight he just leans forward like a hunchback.

He needs to spend all practice doing grade school defensive slide drills.
    YOu know D, I remember you used to defend Stoudemire to a certain degree. Than after last years playoffs, you went on the Knickfans42 and Looter bandwagon.

Honestly, I don't blame you. I'm the same way with this guy, I've been on the fence with him for over a year and a half now. Too many mediocre to lower tier players have career nights on him, and it's frustrating to see someone of his stature look so bad on one end.

That quote you have from practice is just sad to read. It really is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    YOu know D, I remember you used to defend Stoudemire to a certain degree. Than after last years playoffs, you went on the Knickfans42 and Looter bandwagon.

Honestly, I don't blame you. I'm the same way with this guy, I've been on the fence with him for over a year and a half now. Too many mediocre to lower tier players have career nights on him, and it's frustrating to see someone of his stature look so bad on one end.

I had Amare's back pretty much all throughout last season. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I think it was the fire extinguisher incident that set me over the edge. It might have been before that though. I got burned by that dude way too many times. I am rooting for the guy, I give him his due as the first domino who started all this and embraced the NYC spotlight and pressure, I respect what he has done in the past, I just see a player who is declining faster than Elton Brand circa 2009.

I also think Amare is the very definition of a 'system player'. We are a slow paced, half court team. Thats a very detail oriented way to play, and possessions hold more value than a speedball attack like Amare thrived in. Those types of a games, a wide open dunk here, lose your man for a backdoor layup there, horrible turnover here, give up 20-10 to a scrub - its all good, the game had a ton of extra possessions, Amare dropped 42-10 and you won 124-116.

That doesn't fly in this newfound style of play.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-02-2013 at 09:13 PM.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Amar'e's become a broken record over the years, he's been talking a good game since he's been here and you can't fault the guy I guess for thinking optimistically.

This isn't new news though, he's mentioned his lack of knowledge on the defensive end the past couple years here even when D'antoni was at the helm, which could've been perceived as an indirect insult towards Mike D'antoni and Alvin Gentry.

I don't know what to think anymore. We could use the guys offense as he does have a pretty versatile game on that end, but his defense is what it is. No one can expect him to change too much on that end at 30 years old. With other guys on our team from last year, it was lack of trying. Amar'e's defensive issues unfortunately are much deeper than him putting consistent effort on that end; he just doesn't have the cerebral chops to be dominant defensively.

It's one of the bigger conundrums in the league- when you look at his size and freakish athleticism it makes no sense he doesn't average double digit boards for his career AND at least be an average/above average defender. His only true saving grace on the defensive side is that he does come up with 'timely blocks," almost to the same effect that Felton comes up with "timely hoops." Few and far between unfortunately.

But I'm a knick die hard, so I'm going to root for the guy to succeed and make everyone on our forum eat crow including myself. Would love that, but doesn't seem too pragmatic.
    Nice post. Agree with the bold especially. Melo and JR had the skills and awareness to be good defenders - it was an effort issue. Amare is severely lacking basic grade school fundamentals.

I also like the parallels to Felton and his timely shooting earlier this season. Yea its nice and all, it can win you a game, but does it really outweigh the numerous wide open layups he gives up throughout each and every game? This is coming from a Felton fan.

Funniest part is, on draft night Kenny Smith was going crazy calling him the next Ben Wallace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Our defense has fallen because we loss Shump, he belongs here.
    Not to mention he is Larry Bird offensively compared to Brewer.
    I want my Kidd/Iman/Brewer/Melo/Tyson defensive unit so bad.
    okay but can you switch Brewer with JR please? Or Sheed? And can Tyson actually play defense once in awhile?

Our best defensive unit ?when healthy,

Ray, Iman, Melo, Sheed, Camby

And you know what they will put some offense up as well.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    okay but can you switch Brewer with JR please? Or Sheed? And can Tyson actually play defense once in awhile?

Our best defensive unit ?when healthy,

Ray, Iman, Melo, Sheed, Camby

And you know what they will put some offense up as well.
    Camby in a defensive unit? Not with this coach silly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Nice post. Agree with the bold especially. Melo and JR had the skills and awareness to be good defenders - it was an effort issue. Amare is severely lacking basic grade school fundamentals.

I also like the parallels to Felton and his timely shooting earlier this season. Yea its nice and all, it can win you a game, but does it really outweigh the numerous wide open layups he gives up throughout each and every game? This is coming from a Felton fan.

Funniest part is, on draft night Kenny Smith was going crazy calling him the next Ben Wallace
    This whole post is pretty spot on. That's exactly what I was going for with the Felton example, it's to the point where we celebrate these guys for just getting that timely bucket or timely stop and forget just how bad they were performing up to that point in the game.

And Melo and JR are perfect examples as far as consistent effort goes defensively. Even Novak, while still being a scrub defensively, has shown much better effort on that end this year. Amare's' defensive problems run much deeper than his effort level .

And I remember that draft day interview by STat and Kenny's comparison of him to Wallace! Even an 18 year old Amar'e was talking up his defensive prowess during that interview (I think I saw it recently on youtube from the NBA forum when they were making cracks about that comparison last year.)

vCash

Don't group me in with looter that guy is a troll.

When I argue with people I present the facts, use logic, and try to have a rational debate. Typical responses I get are Amare brawt tha Knickz back took on the challenge, blah blah blah, or insults. Only person who didn't do that arguing with me was nycerican.

D never really defended STAT, he just said he was optimistic for the future.

As for Stoudemire, I've written more than I needed to about him, but his game is just horrible. It's literally nauseating to watch. No intangibles at all. Think about what this guy does. If isn't knocking down jumpers he's pretty much useless and he hasn't been consistent with them in a while. So now he does that stupid stutter with the ball in hands which results in a TO 75% of the time. Oh and he's also good getting spoon fed on the pick and roll. Otherwise he just stands around hurting the team, doing literally ever possible thing he could be doing wrong. This guy is just a complete liability on the court.

I don't see how any knowledgeable intelligent basketball fan can be a fan of this scrub.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    Don't group me in with looter that guy is a troll.

When I argue with people I present the facts, use logic, and try to have a rational debate. Typical responses I get are Amare brawt tha Knickz back took on the challenge, blah blah blah, or insults. Only person who didn't do that arguing with me was nycerican.

D never really defended STAT, he just said he was optimistic for the future.

As for Stoudemire, I've written more than I needed to about him, but his game is just horrible. It's literally nauseating to watch. No intangibles at all. Think about what this guy does. If isn't knocking down jumpers he's pretty much useless and he hasn't been consistent with them in a while. So now he does that stupid stutter with the ball in hands which results in a TO 75% of the time. Oh and he's also good getting spoon fed on the pick and roll. Otherwise he just stands around hurting the team, doing literally ever possible thing he could be doing wrong. This guy is just a complete liability on the court.

I don't see how any knowledgeable intelligent basketball fan can be a fan of this scrub.
    You say that you've written more than you need to about him and then go on another rant about him.

Amare played great the first year he was here but nobody remembers that. We all know that last year turned into a nightmare but there were so many contributing factors that we all know about. Let's see what he can do now that he's back. Give him a few weeks to get back up to speed and if he still is the Amare from last year then bash all you want.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast