Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Never saw LT play. Ray Lewis I saw in his prime. He was the last/only dominant defender that I've seen. The only player I've seen close to utter dismantling defenses like Lewis is JJ Watt. Imagine that type of dominance for a solid 5+ seasons from 1999-2004. Ray Lewis was just a monster. You couldn't stop him. Then from 2008-2010 he had a little resurgence where he was playing just as well as Patrick Willis a guy 10 years younger. Although not quite as good as he was earlier, but still great. His longevity is impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I love Ray, but in any case he makes everyone else on the team better, that's something no other LB has done IMO.
    You clearly haven't seen very many LBs.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Show of hands: how many here actually saw Lawrence Taylor play in his heyday?
    Why is that necessary?
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Again Imagine Lewis in the 80s/90s? His size/Strength and ability while not being hindered by the crap offensive rules....Oh yea he is also the PManning of defenses on a logical level.
    Imagine Sean Smith in the 30s with his speed, size, & strength, Dick Lane who?! Of course players of today are going to be bigger, faster and stronger than players of the past, that doesn't instantlymake them better.

I'm taking LT over Ray Ray, didn't even have to think about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Never saw LT play. Ray Lewis I saw in his prime. He was the last/only dominant defender that I've seen. The only player I've seen close to utter dismantling defenses like Lewis is JJ Watt. Imagine that type of dominance for a solid 5+ seasons from 1999-2004. Ray Lewis was just a monster. You couldn't stop him. Then from 2008-2010 he had a little resurgence where he was playing just as well as Patrick Willis a guy 10 years younger. Although not quite as good as he was earlier, but still great. His longevity is impressive.
    Scroll up a few post and see L.T.'s forced fumbles video. Those are just the forced fumbles. They aren't even the sacks, hurries or chasing the RB's down by darting across the back of the LOS.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    That user has so many amazing LT highlights. Another one of my favorites...

vCash
    Scroll up a few post and see L.T.'s forced fumbles video. Those are just the forced fumbles. They aren't even the sacks, hurries or chasing the RB's down by darting across the back of the LOS.
    I bet he won't even watch that video. His belief that modern players are superior to the guys in the 70s and 80s would be shattered pretty easily.
    Last edited by DRS172; 01-26-2013 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    Another one. Really shows how well rounded he was...

vCash
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS172 View Post
    That user has so many amazing LT highlights. Another one of my favorites...
    TY so much. I've been looking for that highlight at 3:18-19 forever. Hershall Walker was unstoppable when he launched himself over the top. Everybody looked foolish when attempting to stop him. L.T. annihilated Walker and that was the very last time Hershall Walker EVER attempted to go over the top.

As far as anybody doubting Taylor against the athlete of today. Nevermind them, no linebacker to this day has ever demonstrated the ability to run behind the LOS and tackle HB's going the other way. No to mention, everythng else he did to opponents, including Erik Willliams for 3 years.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

vCash
    TY so much. I've been looking for that highlight at 3:18-19 forever. Hershall Walker was unstoppable when he launched himself over the top. Everybody looked foolish when attempting to stop him. L.T. annihilated Walker and that was the very last time Hershall Walker EVER attempted to go over the top.

As far as anybody doubting Taylor against the athlete of today. Nevermind them, no linebacker to this day has ever demonstrated the ability to run behind the LOS and tackle HB's going the other way. No to mention, everythng else he did to opponents, including Erik Willliams for 3 years.
    Definitely. LT's sideline to sideline speed was crazy. His instincts were also incredibly underrated. And he was great at everything... sacking the QB, stopping the run, sniffing out the screen, and dropping into coverage. The vids even show him playing on special teams and at corner back. And I've never seen a defensive player dominate top competition the way LT did. Even the late great Reggie White didn't do that. Every time Reggie was matched up against Erik Williams, he disappeared.
    Last edited by DRS172; 01-27-2013 at 11:47 PM.

vCash
    Another great one...

Despite playing with an injured shoulder, LT has seven tackles, three sacks, and two forced fumbles. Helping the Giants win 13-12 over the Saints. Just amazing stuff.

vCash
    The more I watch these highlights the more I realize there were many players much better than Ray Lewis. D. Thomas, Andre Tippett, etc, wrecked more havoc.

vCash
    Lawrence Taylor is a terrible person....just an absolute piece of trash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Lawrence Taylor is a terrible person....just an absolute piece of trash.
    Neither of these guys are good people.

vCash
    Different positions dude.

One changed the game from the WSLB position while the other dominated the middle.
    /thread

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

vCash
    better question is who would you rather have on your team between the two, i choose lt.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast