Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    give me ray because i live in baltimore
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Great point.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Different positions dude.

One changed the game from the WSLB position while the other dominated the middle.

vCash
    Why does this not have a poll?

Lawrence Taylor by a long shot. Most dominant defensive player of all time IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Why does this not have a poll?

Lawrence Taylor by a long shot. Most dominant defensive player of all time IMO.
    Those who didn't have the privilege of watching L.T. will have a tough time comprehending how he dominated and changed the game of football. Some of his plays and game footage is on youtube yet, despite the amazing plays, it's tough for fans to understand the opponents, the circumstances, timing of the plays and how offenses simply couldn't control him. Many of the stunts were based on feel and Belicheck still can't figure them out.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    LT, Reggie White, Mean Joe Greene above Ray Lewis all time for me defensively.

There are about 2-3 other defensive players that you can argue as well.

Ray Lewis & Dick Butkus will forever be the standard for the MLB position but both revolutionized the position in different ways.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    LT, Reggie White, Mean Joe Greene above Ray Lewis all time for me defensively.

There are about 2-3 other defensive players that you can argue as well.

Ray Lewis & Dick Butkus will forever be the standard for the MLB position but both revolutionized the position in different ways.

+1

L.T., White and Greene dominated the LOS, stopped the run and attacked the QB which is what this game is all about. Opponents needed to adjust their blocking schemes. The difference between L.T. and White/Greene, is Taylor could run across the field to make the tackle. Often, he would run behind the LOS and run down the HB. L.T. also lined up all over the field.

Lewis & Butkus - enough said yet teams didn't have to adjust their blocking assignments b/c neither attacked the QB non-stop.

All great players.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

vCash
    Granted they played different positions in different era but.....

LT is the greatest LB of all time.

Ray Lewis may be the best MLB/ILB of all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    give me ray because i live in baltimore

vCash
    you can be a massive homer 24.7, but i do it once and it's a problem? god forbid i pick the guy i watch play literally his entire career....................
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Pretty sure he was half way joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Pretty sure he was half way joking.
    It's the other half that appears to be missing

vCash
    It's the other half that appears to be missing
    Lol, I won't fight you on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 01-11-2013 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    Lt

vCash
    L.T.

reason why teams invest alot in Left Tackles.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast