View Poll Results: Who was better: Bettis or Smith

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jerome Bettis

2 18.18%
  • Emmitt Smith

9 81.82%
    vCash

Who was better, Emmitt Smith or Jerome Bettis?

Simple question, who was a better HB? Emmitt Smith or Jerome Bettis?

Before you decide, keep in mind Bettis was a big, strong back who wore down the defense; that should carry some weight (probably not as much as Bettis did later in his career, but some weight nonetheless).

(MODS: I know this will get moved to the comparison forum, just wanted somebody to actually look at it before it is relegated to obscurity).
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

Before you decide, keep in mind Bettis was a big, strong back who wore down the defense; ).
    Oh that's right. I forget Bettis wasn't the size of Eric Metcalf. Have to think about this one.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98:26892562

Before you decide, keep in mind Bettis was a big, strong back who wore down the defense; ).
    Oh that's right. I forget Bettis wasn't the size of Eric Metcalf. Have to think about this one.
    Lmao

Smith was better. I know he has tons of people who hate him and those who think he was average at best or as one guy thinks would never make a roster on another team but I disagree and have him much above the Bus.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Simple question, who was a better HB? Emmitt Smith or Jerome Bettis?

Before you decide, keep in mind Bettis was a big, strong back who wore down the defense; that should carry some weight (probably not as much as Bettis did later in his career, but some weight nonetheless).

(MODS: I know this will get moved to the comparison forum, just wanted somebody to actually look at it before it is relegated to obscurity).
    I had a feeling you weren't getting it yep, you weren't.

vCash
    Smith and its not even close.

vCash
    Bettis was better than Smith.. when Smith was a Cardinal. Otherwise this thread is stupid.

vCash
    Yeah... I hate Smith and love Bettis and I can't justify picking the Bus over whatever Emmitt's nickname is (The Illiterate?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    I had a feeling you weren't getting it yep, you weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Smith was better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raid3r4lif3 View Post
    Smith and its not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    Bettis was better than Smith.. when Smith was a Cardinal. Otherwise this thread is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Yeah... I hate Smith and love Bettis and I can't justify picking the Bus over whatever Emmitt's nickname is (The Illiterate?)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    OP should turn in his sports, NFL, and any other card he had after this horrible question. Reducing Emmitt Smith down to Jerome Bettis. You should be embarrassed asking this question OP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    OP should turn in his sports, NFL, and any other card he had after this horrible question. Reducing Emmitt Smith down to Jerome Bettis. You should be embarrassed asking this question OP.
    He using this to prove a point to someone else. Know what you're talking about before you bash someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Yep, this.

vCash
    smith rather easily
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals