Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    So are you saying it had nothing to do, not even a little chance, w/ stuckey not being a point guard and setting up his teammates like billups did? No chance at all? Is the only option that the team just gave up cause billups left?

Why werent our players crying in rooms together when ben wallace left?
    It obviously had something to do with it. Billups was our best player at the time.

The team was not happy when Billups was traded. Thats a pretty big factor don't you think? Its not as simple as your trying to make it sound by saying "Stuckey had the same team".

Wallace left for more money. Bilups was traded. Thats probably why they didn't cry for Ben

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    It obviously had something to do with it. Billups was our best player at the time.

The team was not happy when Billups was traded. Thats a pretty big factor don't you think? Its not as simple as your trying to make it sound by saying "Stuckey had the same team".

Wallace left for more money. Bilups was traded. Thats probably why they didn't cry for Ben
    not a big factor, but you can't tell me that this is not a buisness and these players are suppose to be doing there job.

If you work at a law firm and someone leaves, are you gonna sob over it and let it effect your work while having that risk of getting fired?

Your gonna still go out there and do your thing. And you know by trading billups, Joe Ds plan was to stay competitive, there was no rebuilding talk then

vCash
    ben wallace changed the culture of the team, well her brought them back to their roots and brought an excitement to defense that hadnt existed in a very long time
    POP! POP!

vCash
    not a big factor, but you can't tell me that this is not a buisness and these players are suppose to be doing there job.

If you work at a law firm and someone leaves, are you gonna sob over it and let it effect your work while having that risk of getting fired?

Your gonna still go out there and do your thing. And you know by trading billups, Joe Ds plan was to stay competitive, there was no rebuilding talk then
    But they (especially rip) did sob over it. The team was not the same after the trade. And it was not all of Stuckeys fault.

"If Rip would have knew that this deal was going on, I just don’t know that he would have signed that extension," Billups said. "It was kind of funny to me that they announced this trade the same day that he signed. I really don’t know. … It just seemed weird to me. He signed that extension three days before the trade. … I think it might have been a little different if all this was exposed early."
    In hindsight, perhaps Rip's decision not to talk to the press for several days after the trade was rooted in frustration with the front office for not being open as much as it was sadness in losing a teammate.

vCash
    If you remember the team was stuck in pause. We weren't doing anything. Look around the league. Its happened to all the top teams. The Lakers are going through it this year and look at the number of stars. The Mavs also a better team than the Pistons. What have they done in the last couple of years since their title? Nothing but go south.
    People like to point to Ben leaving and Billups being traded. So what if they had stayed? What if Hamilton stayed as well? We were getting older as teams like the Thunder were getting younger and better. So big deal. We may have made it to the playoffs. A few more games and go home. I glad we dumped these guys. Wish we had done it a couple of years before.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    it has nothing to do w/ us getting older, out of all the players to let go you let go of billups? Really? Rip can easily be replacable, sheed, ben tay all can as well. You can't replace a genius on the court. Whatever point guard we can pull out of the womb, I'd rather have billups backing them up and teaching them the right way on how to play the game, not their own way.

vCash
    Billups has spent more time on the disable list in the last four years then he has on the court. My point was all of those players weren't getting it done and they WERE better than we have now. It was clearly time for a change. Including Billups.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Billups has spent more time on the disable list in the last four years then he has on the court. My point was all of those players weren't getting it done and they WERE better than we have now. It was clearly time for a change. Including Billups.

vCash
    and? we have one of the best medical staff in the league, so don't talk about billups being on the disable list. Mcdyss was completely injury prone his whole career and right when he came to det he barely missed games due to injury.

Dude i understand change, but you need certain veterans on the team to teach your younger future players .. right? Were all crying for ben wallace to come back to teach drummond defense and workout w/ him.
    the point guard position is the most imp position and what better veteran to teach our young guys then billups..

honestly would you rather have stuckey or billups teaching knight

vCash
    and? we have one of the best medical staff in the league, so don't talk about billups being on the disable list. Mcdyss was completely injury prone his whole career and right when he came to det he barely missed games due to injury.

Dude i understand change, but you need certain veterans on the team to teach your younger future players .. right? Were all crying for ben wallace to come back to teach drummond defense and workout w/ him.
    the point guard position is the most imp position and what better veteran to teach our young guys then billups..

honestly would you rather have stuckey or billups teaching knight
    Billups has never been a good teacher. He is like Kobe in that way. He has to be the man at his position and just sees younger guards as competition. Paul is the one who taught Bledsoe. That is also why the Clips lost Mo Williams. Chauncey wouldn't share minutes. Rip and Chauncey both let their egos get the better of them after they won; whereas guys like Ben and Sheed stayed humble.

vCash
    Everybody is crying for Wallace to come back? Everybody? Sorry but I'm one that said after he lefte the last time that train left the station for the last time.
    As far as the medical staff ? How many teams has Billups been on since he was traded ? three? And hurt on each team. Guys like Billups get set in their own way. There are injuries and then the are INJURIES. I think Billups started getting lazy toward the end and just wanted time off. I enjoyed watching him and Detroit gave him a chance to show what he could do after spending time with what five teams before the Pistons?
    People just don't want to let go sometimes. I can undersatnd that but we have coaches and we have other players to show the young guys.
    We've already got three or four guys that take up roster space.

vCash
    Everybody is crying for Wallace to come back? Everybody? Sorry but I'm one that said after he lefte the last time that train left the station for the last time.
    As far as the medical staff ? How many teams has Billups been on since he was traded ? three? And hurt on each team. Guys like Billups get set in their own way. There are injuries and then the are INJURIES. I think Billups started getting lazy toward the end and just wanted time off. I enjoyed watching him and Detroit gave him a chance to show what he could do after spending time with what five teams before the Pistons?
    People just don't want to let go sometimes. I can undersatnd that but we have coaches and we have other players to show the young guys.
    I agree there comes a point where you have to let go.Only problem is thats not what Dumars did instead of rebuilding 5 years ago he kept on trying to compete at that 8th seed by resigning Rip than resigning Ben Wallace and than when it finally looked like Dumars was getting the picture when he bought out Rip he then turns around and resigns Prince for 4 more years.So If Dumars did not have intent on rebuilding than why trade a all-star PG.In other words Dumars is the one who doesnt know when to let go not the fans but now the rebuilding process is happening on its own course not because of some master plan from Dumars so here we are 5 years later.

vCash
    Billups And Sheed they where star quailty players IMO granted highly underrated ones but they where Wallece and Prince where top tier Defenders and rip was arugeably the best mid ranged shooter in the league that was just an underrated team from the get go. oh and for the guy who blamed Iverson for the fall of the pistons.... wow.. thats just beyond ignorant no worse than Iverson fans that claim Iversons Fall was the pistons fault They where an awfull fit for each other from the beginning and as a sixers fan i knew Iverson wouldn't fit the pistons play style and the pistons FO should have known that too that being said he played his heart out for u guys just like any other team he was on. Yet he and Rip both got put on the backburner for RODENY STUCKY?! like hes not even good and was awfull that year and your going to Prioritize him over a future HOFER as well as a guy who brought u a championship? both Rip and AI had the right to be pissed

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey#3 View Post
    Billups has never been a good teacher. He is like Kobe in that way. He has to be the man at his position and just sees younger guards as competition. Paul is the one who taught Bledsoe. That is also why the Clips lost Mo Williams. Chauncey wouldn't share minutes. Rip and Chauncey both let their egos get the better of them after they won; whereas guys like Ben and Sheed stayed humble.
    Really? how would you know what they do behind closed doors? Chris paul said that billups is the best mentor and backcourt player he has ever played with, that is saying a lot coming from one of the best in the league.

Thats my point, I'm saying we have one of the best medical staff in the league. How many times was he injured w/ us? Then right when he leaves us he starts being injury prone.

Who are these coaches and players that can teach our young guys? are you serious?

I'm saying i would rather have billups, injured or not, teaching our two problems on this team the right way to play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Billups And Sheed they where star quailty players IMO granted highly underrated ones but they where Wallece and Prince where top tier Defenders and rip was arugeably the best mid ranged shooter in the league that was just an underrated team from the get go. oh and for the guy who blamed Iverson for the fall of the pistons.... wow.. thats just beyond ignorant no worse than Iverson fans that claim Iversons Fall was the pistons fault They where an awfull fit for each other from the beginning and as a sixers fan i knew Iverson wouldn't fit the pistons play style and the pistons FO should have known that too that being said he played his heart out for u guys just like any other team he was on. Yet he and Rip both got put on the backburner for RODENY STUCKY?! like hes not even good and was awfull that year and your going to Prioritize him over a future HOFER as well as a guy who brought u a championship? both Rip and AI had the right to be pissed
    This is one of the top criticisms of Dumars I have. Or whoever was the coach. Whoever made the decision to start Stuckey over Iverson/Rip is to blame. I understand team morale was hurt when Billups was traded, but we were still good enough to make a run, but why bench Rip or Iverson? AI could've easily been the PG, no need to push Stuckey into the role. I guess Dumars was looking to shed salary to cash in for the big FA bonanza, BG & CV

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast