Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Happy Birthday, Scott Proctor.. You're now a Giant

Scott Proctor's hometown TV station says he's signed a minor-league deal with #sfgiants. Reliever turns 36 today. Once was Yankee workhorse.
    https://twitter.com/hankschulman/sta...35426716602368

Was good on NY... fell apart because of overuse.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    this could be one of those little signings this team has every year that pans out.
    -toGether-

".....honor the game the game honors you..donít know where and when it ends, but tonight I was proud to be together as a team, in a hostile environment, with just us..brothers that play for the name on the front, not the name on the back.Ē

-Hunter Pence 2012 NLDS

vCash
    I remember when he was a dodger
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash

The Giants rang in the new year with a contract for veteran pitcher Scott Proctor.

The TC Palm cited his agent in reporting Proctor, who turned 36 today and most recently played for the Doosan Bears of the Korean league, was offered a minor league contract by the Giants and invited to spring training.

Giants pitchers and catchers are scheduled to report to Scottsdale on Feb. 12.

The right-hander last pitched in the majors for the Yankees in 2011. Proctor also played for the Dodgers and Braves in his career, which began in 2004.

Proctor had a nice year for the Bears in Korea in 2012 with a 4-4 record to go along with 35 saves and a 1.79 ERA. Over his seven-year major league career, he owns an 18-16 record and a 4.78 ERA.

Largely a middle reliever and setup man, he told the TC Palm that he developed a split-finger fastball during his time in Korea.

“It was something that I had been tinkering with for years, but it is a dangerous pitch that puts a lot of strain on your arm. You try not to go down that road unless you have to.”

Proctor had Tommy John surgery in 2009.
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/baseball-s...or-league-deal
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I just ran into Nate S. at a random storage facility in Martinez, no big deAl. I handed him my phone and said "I bet you could throw this over them mountains." He did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    I just ran into Nate S. at a random storage facility in Martinez, no big deAl. I handed him my phone and said "I bet you could throw this over them mountains." He did.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    The Yankees really did overuse Proctor, his career took a nose dive. It's funny, I remember him being a solid pitcher, but his numbers speak otherwise.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I think he's referring to Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite.
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

You want to go first?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    I think he's referring to Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite.
    Ya, but I ran into Nate Schierholtz today at a random storage facility in Martinez. He was a ****ing nice guy. I know because I was being annoying

vCash
    Maybe Proctor can convince Garko to sign here.

<3

vCash
    only if Hillenbrand comes in a package deal.

You want to go first?

vCash
    ...and Ryan Klesko, Ricky Ledee, Steve Finley, plus the sweetener of Sidney Ponson must also come in said deal (God, what an era of shyt acquisitions that was by the Giants LOL. Glad those days are over lol)

How sweet it is, how unbelievably sweet it is! 2010 AND 2012 San Francisco Giants are WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    I just mentioned Garko since he and Proctor both went to Korea.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I just mentioned Garko since he and Proctor both went to Korea.
    Oh my goodness, you were halfway serious lol. I thought we were just naming washed up veterans that the Giants got at the end of their careers . Didn't know there was an actual link to Proctor haha

How sweet it is, how unbelievably sweet it is! 2010 AND 2012 San Francisco Giants are WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    Hahahaha, I wasn't being serious. I was going your route. Glad those times are over.

You want to go first?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast