vCash

Stevie Brown is NFC Defensive Player of the Week

Brown is NFC Defensive Player of the Week

January, 2, 2013
    JAN 2
    2:05
    PM ET
    By Ohm Youngmisuk | ESPNNewYork.com

Stevie Brown ended the season with a bang as he earned NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors for the second time this season.

Brown ignited the Giants’ 42-7 rout over the Eagles in the season finale by intercepting Michael Vick and returning it 48 yards to the Philadelphia 26-yard line.

That set up Eli Manning's first touchdown pass to Rueben Randle, helping the Giants recover after allowing Philadelphia to surprise them with a successful onside kick to open the game.

Brown also had six tackles.

The safety was NFC Defensive Player of the Week in Week 8 after he had two picks, a fumble recovery and six tackles against Dallas. Brown is the first Giants safety to earn two Player of the Week awards during a season and the first defensive back to do so since cornerback Jason Sehorn was honored twice in 1997.

Brown was one of the team’s best offseason acquisitions, finishing with eight interceptions and an NFL-high 307 interception return yards. His eight picks are the second most in the NFL this season, one behind Chicago’s Tim Jennings. They are also the most interceptions by a Giant since Willie Williams’ 10 back in 1968.

Brown will be a restricted free agent this offseason.

“He had a terrific season with respect to intercepting the football,” GM Jerry Reese said of Brown, who had 66 tackles, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. “He really caught our eyes as a special teamer. We thought he was a young kid that had some upside.

“He was a nice guy to sign as a free agent to ascend and he definitely did that,” Reese added. “Our personnel staff did a good job digging him out and he did a good job making some plays back there for us.”

Tell us what you thought of Brown's first season with the Giants below and whether he should start next season.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...er-of-the-week

vCash
    cya kp

vCash
    Lock this man up Jerry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    cya kp
    Yeah. Not for nothing but Sash and Hill have looked pretty good too. Not sure anyone needs to break the bank on KP right now.

vCash
    Stevie needs a contract, Jerry!
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    lol if we think we can replace KP with Stevie, be ready for a drop. You notice how well we play when KP is in the lineup?

vCash
    A combination of the 3 would be great, but KP will be gone unless he gets no other offers. We have depth, we'll therefore throw out an insulting offer and hope he has nothing better because that's business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah. Not for nothing but Sash and Hill have looked pretty good too. Not sure anyone needs to break the bank on KP right now.
    I don't know... I think if KP walks then were going to learn the hard way how much were gonna miss him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    lol if we think we can replace KP with Stevie, be ready for a drop. You notice how well we play when KP is in the lineup?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    I don't know... I think if KP walks then were going to learn the hard way how much were gonna miss him
    Not a matter of adequately replacing, its a matter of what makes $ense. I love KP, but Reese is gonna low ball him like Steve Smith and I don't think he'll stay.

vCash
    IDK guys, IDT it would be a good idea for Reese to mess with KP like the way he did it to S. Smith two years ago, even though that situation payed out with Victor Cruz....anyone feel a weird coincidence with both of these situations? Stevie Brown became the 11' Cruz on Defense? beats me
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 01-05-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Too bad Fewell doesn't like using the talent he had back there