Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The enigma that is Michael Beasley.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...ey-bottom.html

After being such a promising talen he literally has bottomed out. I really feel bad for him he really seems to want to succeed here in Phoenix but for some reason it's not working. Additionally the injury in his shooting hand has not helped him at all. According to the article he barely was able to completely make a closed fist about 3-4 days ago. Being that was one of my favorite players coming out of college and he is on our Suns so I won't give up on him but calling his first season up an utter disappointment is an understatement.

vCash
    Im very disapointed as well. I was so excited to hear that he was coming to phx. But im still giving him chances. If next year hes doing bad, we need to trade

vCash
    People, specially Phraz, are going to say that they knew he was bad and use his shot selection as proof but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt due to his injury in his shooting hand. I'm not trying to justify his more than miserable stats this season but we really don't know how severe it is and how it affects his game. Hopefully he heals up and gets his act together and give us the Beasley that the FO envisioned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    People, specially Phraz, are going to say that they knew he was bad and use his shot selection as proof but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt due to his injury in his shooting hand. I'm not trying to justify his more than miserable stats this season but we really don't know how severe it is and how it affects his game. Hopefully he heals up and gets his act together and give us the Beasley that the FO envisioned.
    If his hand is really hurt... yet he is taking "1000 jump shots a day" then he is literally one of the stupidest people on the planet. The finger is an excuse. And a really lame one. He does not tape it, no one in the organization has mentioned it, it shows up on no injury reports and there is never any indication during games that his hand is bothering him. He is desperate for an excuse for his awful play (besides the fact that he is simply a bad player) and his finger is what he is leaning on.

And the article shows that he does not get it. He got a DNP vs OKC because of how inept he is defensively, its also the reason his PT is steadily going to nil. He single handedly was giving up fast breaks to the wolves because he wouldnt run back on D, he misses every rotation, unless the ball goes to him he does not rebound. His DEFENSE is whats rapidly ending his career. Yet he is in the gym working on his jumper (with a supposedly injured hand)?

The guy is dumb... freaking dumb as hell.

vCash
    How does he not get it?? It's not like Gortat who literally demands the ball and carries himself as if he were a star but is nowhere near that. He's putting it on himself as is everybody else. And why do you keep on making it seem as if he was Wes Johnson or Darko bad. He was improving and producing at a decent rate. If anything you should be glad that to an extent I'm saying you were right. But yeah it's easy for you or me to say he's stupid and what not but you we really don't know what really is happening with the injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    How does he not get it?? It's not like Gortat who literally demands the ball and carries himself as if he were a star but is nowhere near that. He's putting it on himself as is everybody else. And why do you keep on making it seem as if he was Wes Johnson or Darko bad. He was improving and producing at a decent rate. If anything you should be glad that to an extent I'm saying you were right. But yeah it's easy for you or me to say he's stupid and what not but you we really don't know what really is happening with the injury.
    He is stupid with the injury because he is claiming he has an injury to his shooting hand, yet he claims he is taking 1000 jump shots a day?!?!
    Only a complete idiot would sit there and overwork an injured part of their body day after day and the be confused as to why it isnt getting better. My guess is that his hand does not really hurt... because even if he IS that stupid, I doubt the team would let him.

And the reason he does not get it is because he thinks the solution to his problems is his jump shot, while the real reason he is not getting PT is because he is a horrific defender. The team has talked about his defense lacking, Gentry said Tucker is now in the starting lineup for his defense, yet all Beasley cares about is his stupid jumper. He even had a quote a few weeks back about how he didnt think his defense was a problem. The guy is a buffoon.

And yes, he is abhorrently bad. He has easily been one of the worst players in all of basketball so far this year. His production this year has not been decent, its been completely awful, and there has been no sign of improvement.

vCash
    Regardless of what you think the report is that he has an injury and if he were lying then they could easily ask the staff and it would be proven that he was lying. But nothing of that nature has happened so you can assume all you want but unless you work with the medical staff you have no way of knowing.

He did make that comment about his D but everybody knows that's not what he was known for. His jumpshot got him into the NBA and every coach wants to play him at the 3 knowing his defensive abilities, or lack of, when statistically he is better suited for the 4.

I never said he was good this season. As a matter of fact I stated that " calling his first season up an utter disappointment is an understatement."

vCash
    Its fine that he thinks his jumper got him into the league, but he does not realize that his defense is rapidly going to get him out of the league. He is so bad on D that it wouldnt matter if he could still shoot roughly 45%, he would still be a net negative on the court because the other team scores at will with him in the game.

And I dont need to ask the staff anything. Even if he is telling the truth it just cements that he is a complete idiot. His "1000 jump shots a day" with an injured hand is like a dude with a foot injury going out and doing a 5 mile run and then being baffled at why he isnt healing. He has far more wrong with his game than a supposedly injured finger anyway.

Such an awful signing.

vCash
    At least he didn't bring his off court drama with him. He's saying the right things to the media.

He was a beast in college.

College Year GP GS MIN SPG BPG RPG APG PPG FG% FT% 3P%
    Kansas St 07–08 33 33 31.5 1.3 1.6 12.4 1.2 26.2 .532 .774 .379

vCash
    ^^^When he played PF. Something he has yet to do on a regular basis.

vCash
    We need to bench him until his hand is healed, then give him a couple of games in the D-league to get his shot back. Then we bring him back and give him regular time to see what we have.

I'd like to give Wes Johnson more playing time, or dump him into the D-league for a little bit. He's just rotting on the bench now and we have no clue if he can play. He did pretty good in the pre-season.

vCash
    Indeed. We have nothing to lose and neither do they so **** it.

vCash
    Wesley Johnson cant dribble. I dont think anyone is concerned that he has hidden talent. He can hit a wide open shot, like he showed in the preseason. But he does absolutely nothing else at a remotely NBA level. He will be in China or Europe this time next year.

And we cant send Beasley to the D-League unless he consents to go.

And Beasley played the majority of his minutes last year in Minny as a PF... and he was awful. He also spent 2 years playing PF in Miami. He has had PLENTY of opportunity to play the position. And he may be better suited to play PF, but he still his a horrible player at the position. You cant have a PF who cant defend, cant rebound and who prefers to take his shots from 20 feet out.

He played 33 games in college, he has played 310 games in the NBA. What he did in college does not matter anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Wesley Johnson cant dribble. I dont think anyone is concerned that he has hidden talent. He can hit a wide open shot, like he showed in the preseason. But he does absolutely nothing else at a remotely NBA level. He will be in China or Europe this time next year.

And we cant send Beasley to the D-League unless he consents to go.

And Beasley played the majority of his minutes last year in Minny as a PF... and he was awful. He also spent 2 years playing PF in Miami. He has had PLENTY of opportunity to play the position. And he may be better suited to play PF, but he still his a horrible player at the position. You cant have a PF who cant defend, cant rebound and who prefers to take his shots from 20 feet out.

He played 33 games in college, he has played 310 games in the NBA. What he did in college does not matter anymore.
    for the sake of discussion, let's say he turn things around, will you start cheering for him and heaping him praises if he starts helping the team out? let's suspend reality for a while and ignore the "he's been like this and he'll never change argument". will you start to like him as a Sun?

or your hatred towards him goes beyond that? that you totally want him out of Phoenix or the NBA for that matter, regardless if he changes his way or not?

reason im asking is, some fans (me included) since he is a Sun, or as long as he is a player on this team is hopeful that he will turn things around and start helping the team out, i do understand that he is playing poorly right now, but as a fan, i want him to succeed just because he plays for my favorite team.

personally, i don't like Gortat because of his whining and up and down play and imo he has reached his ceiling and the reason i want him out is i envision, or at least hope that this team starts to truly rebuild and get younger. and if we do, Keeping Gortat defeats the purpose

vCash
    ^^^This. Say what you want about Beas but he is barely what?? 24, 25 around there with a slim, and at this point I mean EXTREMELY SLIM, possibility of putting up numbers like the ones from his K-State days as opposed to Gortat who peaked and is about to hit the 30 mark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast