Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    We shouldn't be debating this either or situation. It's really Gose vs Rasmus and building the value of both if possible.

Boni is way more valuable offensively at this point with the producers that we have. Rasmus drifts into JPA territory with his bad eye at the plate and lack of discipline.
    No, JPA is in a class of his own for bad discipline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Not hounding but...of the 30 qualifying CF rasmus over the past 2 years Rasmus ranks 19th in wRC+ ahead of names you may know as Bourn, Rios, Bonifacio, Span, Stubbs, Morgan, Gomez.

And that is with his worst season of his career (last year) and with Bonifacios' best (2011) year included.

If you ask me I dont think Bonifacio should playing every day and if comes to Rasmus not getting it done then next in line should be Gose not Bonifacio.
    You're going to want to re-check your numbers.

Michael Bourn, Denard Span, and Carlos Gomez have all had higher wRC+'s over the past two years (if you average the two years).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    I agree and I think Bonifacio is the last possible option to start everyday if Rasmus does worse than last year....you try gose and if he crashes and burns then you go to the trade market and then if that fails then you look at bonifacio and then tell yourself "im ****ed if i have to start bonifacio everyday".
    Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 13Lawrie13 View Post
    You're going to want to re-check your numbers.

Michael Bourn, Denard Span, and Carlos Gomez have all had higher wRC+'s over the past two years (if you average the two years).
    sorry those numbers are for a 3 year span 2010-2012.

vCash
    I can get some nude picks of Boni for you to jerk off to though.[/QUOTE]

thats not an appropriate comment dude, theres young kids that come on this site dude, grow up.

vCash
    He most certainly is.
    boni has a better career avg and obp so no rasmus is not the better career hitter......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    boni has a better career avg and obp so no rasmus is not the better career hitter......
    Bonifacio: .267/.329/.343
    Rasmus: .243/.313/.422

Bonifacio has marginal better avg/obp numbers where as Rasmus completely destroys him in slg. Ill take Rasmus as would most logical ppl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    Rasmus has a career wRC+ of 98, OPS of .735 and a wOBA of .319.

Bonifacio has a career wRC+ of 82, OPS of .671 and a wOBA of .301.

I'm sorry, but Rasmus is simply the better hitter. That doesn't mean he's a good hitter, but he is a better hitter.

EDIT: On a (mostly) unrelated note, does anyone know where I can find OPS+ on fangraphs? I could have sworn I've seen it there before, but now I can't seem to locate it. Thanks to anyone who helps.
    Last edited by 13Lawrie13; 01-03-2013 at 08:07 PM.

vCash
    Rasmus has a career wRC+ of 98, OPS of .735 and a wOBA of .319.

Bonifacio has a career wRC+ of 82, OPS of .671 and a wOBA of .301.

I'm sorry, but Rasmus is simply the better hitter. That doesn't mean he's a good hitter, but he is a better hitter.

EDIT: On a (mostly) unrelated note, does anyone know where I can find OPS+ on fangraphs? I could have sworn I've seen it there before, but now I can't seem to locate it. Thanks to anyone who helps.
    They dont have OPS+ from what I can remember nad from what i can see now. I remember I had the same question at some point previously because I would have to always go back and forth from FG to BR to get information.

vCash
    20 posts comparing poop to crap
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

vCash

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    Sweet.

vCash
    Rasmus is trade bait at the trade deadline.

I know for a fact that him and John Gibbons are eventually going to duke it out at some point in the season, so its safe to say when that happens, Rasmus will be the first out the door. I say that because Rasmus and La Russa duked it out several times before they traded him here. I see Gibbons and Rasmus fighting eventually.

Rasmus is expendable once Anthony Gose learns to hit...which could possibly be anytime before the trade deadline.

He was an important piece to have last year...however with all the upgrades to our lineup (Melky Cabrera in particular) this offseason, Rasmus isnt quite needed unless Bautista or Cabrera get hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottythegreat1 View Post

I know for a fact that him and John Gibbons are eventually going to duke it out at some point in the season, so its safe to say when that happens, Rasmus will be the first out the door. I say that because Rasmus and La Russa duked it out several times before they traded him here. I see Gibbons and Rasmus fighting eventually.

Rasmus is expendable once Anthony Gose learns to hit...which could possibly be anytime before the trade deadline.

He was an important piece to have last year...however with all the upgrades to our lineup (Melky Cabrera in particular) this offseason, Rasmus isnt quite needed unless Bautista or Cabrera get hurt.
    OK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottythegreat1 View Post

Some strong facts you have there...
    I know for a fact that tomorrow you will eat at Baton Rouge because i'm sure you ate there before. Those are all facts!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast