Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    since joining the jays his stat line is 211avg with an obp of 280 ish, if thats not putrid I dont know what is.
    Bonifacio had a worse season than Rasmus had last year. Not to mention that Rasmus has power which Bonifacio was apparently born without.

This should even be a Rasmus vs Bonifacio debate because no reason why Bonifacio should be seeing the field everyday on a playoff contending team.

If Rasmus gets significantly worse next year then next in line should be Gose who has shown in his limited time that he can at least produce what Bonifacio has produced for the vast majority of his career (almost 2000 PA btw.)
    Last edited by JaysFan87; 01-03-2013 at 02:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Bonifacio had a worse season than Rasmus had last year. Not to mention that Rasmus has power which Bonifacio was apparently born without.

This should even be a Rasmus vs Bonifacio debate because no reason why Bonifacio should be seeing the field everyday on a playoff contending team.

If Rasmus gets significantly worse next year then next in line should be Gose who has shown in his limited time that he can at least produce what Bonifacio has produced for the vast majority of his career (almost 2000 PA btw.)
    rasmus 220avg 290 obp
    boni 258avg 330obp

vCash
    And yet Rasmus was overall the more productive hitter because again, power matters.

vCash

If Rasmus gets significantly worse next year
    then next in line should be Gose who has shown in his limited time that he can at least produce what Bonifacio has produced for the vast majority of his career (almost 2000 PA btw.)
    The guy hit like Johnny mac with power. He cant fall any lower than what he hit last year. A .223 BA with a .289 OBP is god awful. He hit .225 with a .298 the season before. Im sorry but I cant see how much he can improve on those numbers or get worse for that matter.

When we got him I didnt really expect him to hit above .260 cus historically he never really hit for average. I just figured he would get on base but what pissed me off most about him was he lost his ability to decipher balls from strikes and get on base.

At this point Id still want Rasmus to start over Bonafacio just based on potential alone but the leesch better be short. Were goin for a championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    The guy hit like Johnny mac with power. He cant fall any lower than what he hit last year. A .223 BA with a .289 OBP is god awful. He hit .225 with a .298 the season before. Im sorry but I cant see how much he can improve on those numbers or get worse for that matter.

When we got him I didnt really expect him to hit above .260 cus historically he never really hit for average. I just figured he would get on base but what pissed me off most about him was he lost his ability to decipher balls from strikes and get on base.

At this point Id still want Rasmus to start over Bonafacio just based on potential alone but the leesch better be short. Were goin for a championship.
    He can hit like Bonifacio.

vCash
    He can hit like Bonifacio.
    he will never hit 290 with a360 obp...with 60 steals potential

vCash
    Your hard-on for Boni is blinding you.

Rasmus 2010 season is significantly better that Boni's 2011. Only thing he does better is hit for average, which is an empty stat, and stolen bases, which is not more valuable then the extra 20 hrs Rasmus hits.

I can get some nude picks of Boni for you to jerk off to though.

vCash
    LOL. U seem to be fogetting that Bonifacio has been a piss poor hitter for teh majority of his career.

vCash
    Bonifacio at DH? Bonifacio playing everyday? Are people forgetting his just not a good hitter?
    In all fairness, outside of one fantastic season, Rasmus hasn't been a good hitter either.

vCash
    We shouldn't be debating this either or situation. It's really Gose vs Rasmus and building the value of both if possible.

Boni is way more valuable offensively at this point with the producers that we have. Rasmus drifts into JPA territory with his bad eye at the plate and lack of discipline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 13Lawrie13 View Post
    In all fairness, outside of one fantastic season, Rasmus hasn't been a good hitter either.
    his worst season has been better than all of bonifacios seasons except one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    How is he not a good hitter? He was just injured last year. He hit 296. in a full season with Florida two years ago and he's still young. He has the speed to turn singles into doubles.

Not saying he will be DH that is not gonna happen but he's not a bad hitter by any means.
    His career wRC+ is 82, and he's only had one season where he was an above-average hitter (109).

He's not useless at the plate as he does get on base at a fairly good clip (which is essential for him given his ability to steal bases), but he's far from a good hitter.

vCash
    his worst season has been better than all of bonifacios seasons except one
    I'm not denying that, I'm simply stating that Rasmus hasn't been a good hitter for the majority of his career. I certainly don't support the OP's idea.

vCash
    boni has a better career avg and obp.. so rasmus is not the better hitter, more power but not the better hitter.
    He most certainly is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 13Lawrie13 View Post
    I'm not denying that, I'm simply stating that Rasmus hasn't been a good hitter for the majority of his career. I certainly don't support the OP's idea.
    I agree and I think Bonifacio is the last possible option to start everyday if Rasmus does worse than last year....you try gose and if he crashes and burns then you go to the trade market and then if that fails then you look at bonifacio and then tell yourself "im ****ed if i have to start bonifacio everyday".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast