Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    umm 2011 293avg 360 obp isnt a good hitter?
    Right 2009, 2010, 2012 mean absolutely nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    How is he not a good hitter? He was just injured last year. He hit 296. in a full season with Florida two years ago and he's still young. He has the speed to turn singles into doubles.

Not saying he will be DH that is not gonna happen but he's not a bad hitter by any means.
    If people are going to use one season and say Player X is good but was hampered with injuries than almost every player can use that argument. Fact is that all supporting and peripheral numbers from that 2011 season are inline with his career numbers ie BB%, K%, ISO, GB/FB (In fact it was worse in 2011). All except his crazy high BABIP of .372 which is almost 40 percentage points higher than his career. Last year his BABIP went went back to his career norm of .325 (which is still above average) and his numbers accross the board also came down. Bonifacio has value with his legs late in games and that he can play multiple positions in a pinch but beyond that his is not starting material.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    If people are going to use one season and say Player X is good but was hampered with injuries than almost every player can use that argument. Fact is that all supporting and peripheral numbers from that 2011 season are inline with his career numbers ie BB%, K%, ISO, GB/FB (In fact it was worse in 2011). All except his crazy high BABIP of .372 which is almost 40 percentage points higher than his career. Last year his BABIP went went back to his career norm of .325 (which is still above average) and his numbers accross the board also came down. Bonifacio has value with his legs late in games and that he can play multiple positions in a pinch but beyond that his is not starting material.
    Wasn't Rasmus only Goodyear were he hit only 275, because of a ridiculously high babip. People who ragg on Lind need to look at Rasmus because he's been putrid for two years now.

vCash
    The idea isn't so much that Colby's been great (or good), just that you need someone better than Bonifacio if you're gonna take him out of centre. If Gose could hit anywhere near a league average pace I'd be pretty happy with him taking over, but Bonifacio doesn't give you the same kind of defensive impact Gose does.

vCash
    I'm predicting that Rasmus has a break out year, Boni and Gose are not proven either...

vCash
    Wasn't Rasmus only Goodyear were he hit only 275, because of a ridiculously high babip. People who ragg on Lind need to look at Rasmus because he's been putrid for two years now.
    Putrid? Well if u think Rasmus was putrid (he wasnt but on your account u say he was) then Bonifacio is whatever is worse than putrid in every season in his career apart from 1. ANd Bonifacio's one good season was not even close to Rasmus' best season. But even if everything regresses back to the mean Rasmus would be still the superior player. But go ahead and believe that Bonifacio can consistently can produce a BABIP of .372 every year so that he can produce average results. Ill stick with Rasmus/Gose where both players have power relative to their positions.

vCash
    two years of farrell can be detrimental effect. if manager wants to bolt, i wonder what advice is feeding on daily basis. must hinders youngster development as shown by rasmus lawrie lind hill jpa romero cecil snider

add to the fact of drabek, hutchison, perez, santos all suffered long-term injuries... ithink farrell may be devil's advocate for boston foes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by superfio View Post
    two years of farrell can be detrimental effect. if manager wants to bolt, i wonder what advice is feeding on daily basis. must hinders youngster development as shown by rasmus lawrie lind hill jpa romero cecil snider

add to the fact of drabek, hutchison,
    perez, santos all suffered long-term injuries... ithink farrell may be devil's advocate for boston foes
    Im sure Farrell wasnt planning on screwing the team over just so he can hopefully be released by the blue jays at seasons end and hopefully the sox have an opening and hopefully the red sox hire him. Thats beyond comical.

I hate it when fans make excuses for players when the players themselves are garbage. Im first to admit that Farells a prick but im sure he didnt have anything to do with Rasmus' crappy hitting from his time in St.Louis onwards, Or for Lawrie making boneheaded plays, or Linds back problems, or Arencibias inability to catch a ball or hit anything other than HR's or Romeros inability to throw strikes or cecils loss in velocity in one offseason or Snider just sucking.

Rasmus is probably the worst offensive CF in the game the last two seasons(I didnt look it up so dont hound me if im wrong). I also find how quickly people dismiss Bonafacio's 2011 numbers but consistently point towards Rasmus' 2010. If Bonafacio proves he can hit better than Rasmus then give him the job. I just want the better team on the field. Not a field full of my favorite players.

If you ask me Id give Rasmus half the season. If he doesnt turn it around, trade him for a batting cage and callup Gose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    Im sure Farrell wasnt planning on screwing the team over just so he can hopefully be released by the blue jays at seasons end and hopefully the sox have an opening and hopefully the red sox hire him. Thats beyond comical.

I hate it when fans make excuses for players when the players themselves are garbage. Im first to admit that Farells a prick but im sure he didnt have anything to do with Rasmus' crappy hitting from his time in St.Louis onwards, Or for Lawrie making boneheaded plays, or Linds back problems, or Arencibias inability to catch a ball or hit anything other than HR's or Romeros inability to throw strikes or cecils loss in velocity in one offseason or Snider just sucking.

Rasmus is probably the worst offensive CF in the game the last two seasons(I didnt look it up so dont hound me if im wrong). I also find how quickly people dismiss Bonafacio's 2011 numbers but consistently point towards Rasmus' 2010. If Bonafacio proves he can hit better than Rasmus then give him the job. I just want the better team on the field. Not a field full of my favorite players.

If you ask me Id give Rasmus half the season. If he doesnt turn it around, trade him for a batting cage and callup Gose.

Not hounding but...of the 30 qualifying CF rasmus over the past 2 years Rasmus ranks 19th in wRC+ ahead of names you may know as Bourn, Rios, Bonifacio, Span, Stubbs, Morgan, Gomez.

And that is with his worst season of his career (last year) and with Bonifacios' best (2011) year included.

If you ask me I dont think Bonifacio should playing every day and if comes to Rasmus not getting it done then next in line should be Gose not Bonifacio.

vCash
    For me it's hard to watch Colby Rasmus and not believe that his bat is very close to turning around. I really think he can and will hit next year...

Then again I also thought the same thing about Travis Snider.

vCash
    I think we are better with Colby in CF and Boni subbing all over the field, giving starters rest or filling in for injuries than having Boni starting in CF and having Rasmus as a 4th OF and not adding much to the team (Even as a pinch runner Boni is superior).

vCash
    The only way our lineup is better without Rasmus is if the Jays sign Bourn.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    If you watch him, he hits the ball hard and on a line a lot. He's got a great swing, just seems to change it up a lot and needs to find consistancy. There were stretches where he looked like a hitter, then long stretches where he could get anything to fall in.

Bottom line is he deserves a chance to rebound in this line-up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Putrid? Well if u think Rasmus was putrid (he wasnt but on your account u say he was) then Bonifacio is whatever is worse than putrid in every season in his career apart from 1. ANd Bonifacio's one good season was not even close to Rasmus' best season. But even if everything regresses back to the mean Rasmus would be still the superior player. But go ahead and believe that Bonifacio can consistently can produce a BABIP of .372 every year so that he can produce average results. Ill stick with Rasmus/Gose where both players have power relative to their positions.
    since joining the jays his stat line is 211avg with an obp of 280 ish, if thats not putrid I dont know what is.

vCash
    Power matters though. Not as much as getting on obviously, but you don't ignore it the way you're doing especially when you're trying to compare him to a guy who's pretty much exclusively a singles hitter.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast