Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    I think he plays well this season. I hope with all of the attention on the newcomers Rasmus can just fade into the woodwork and play great defence and have a loose bat for once. He always seems so stressed out and serious. Maybe this year he can go with the flow a bit more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I think he plays well this season. I hope with all of the attention on the newcomers Rasmus can just fade into the woodwork and play great defence and have a loose bat for once.
    Someone else mentioned this in another thread. I'm a bit skeptical. Was he really the focus of that much media attention last year? It seemed to me Lawrie was under the microscope and Bautista was as well due to his slow start, but I don't really remember that much media attention on Rasmus.

vCash
    Doesn't mean that managment wasn't putting pressure on him or that he wasn't putting pressure on himself. He knows the Jays gave up a lot to get him and that he has to make a lot of noise to live up to his prospect spot and not be considered a bust or a problem child. You could see it all over his face. What people are hoping is that he can let all of that go a bit, fade into the background and focus on making good contact in a good line-up. Rather than living up to his potential and helping a losing team crawl up the standings. There's merit to it.

vCash
    Why's the assumption always that it's a mental thing with Colby?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Well for me personally, it's because he looks great physically, has a fluid swing and hits the ball square. Runs well in the OF and takes the correct paths to the ball. He looks like a baseball player and was dominant at every lower level. Add to that he always has a pained look on his face and is very introverted.

If he didn't have the physical assets, he wouldn't be in the majors. Baseball, more so than almost any other sport is a mental game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    I agree.

He wasn't being counted on in St. Louis to be the guy who carried the team. He had Pujols and Holliday hitting behind him. In Toronto, he's had Bautista, Encarnacion and Lawrie to take the attention off him, and now Reyes and Cabrera as well.

Of course people want him to live up to his potential, but it's hardly been a pressure situation for Rasmus. I highly doubt Rasmus will get significantly more or less attention from the fans and the media than he got last year.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456