Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I say Ike hits 35, not 40, this season.

vCash
    I am going to say no.

I love Ike, but I just do not see him hitting 40 homeruns.

I guess I would say he is technically capable of it, but I just don't see it happening. The odds are very slim IMO.

Ultimately, I see Ike hitting somewhere around 30-35 homeruns. If he completely reaches his full potential, I could see him hitting a similiar slash line to that of Justin Morneau (before the concussion).

So basically, I think he will not hit 40 homeruns. In fact, I don't think he will even eclipse 35 homeruns. Not in Citifield.

However, I do believe he will prove to be far more consistent from a batting average/on-base percentage stand point. I think he has the capabality of hitting in the mid to even high .200s. I could even see him hitting above .300 in a given (yet random) year. I don't ever see him being consistent with his batting average, but I think he has the capability to hit a much higher ceiling at times in future years. I'm not just going to label him as a .250 hitting homerun masher. I think he will prove to be more well rounded, but ultimately will bat in the .850 - .900 OPS range in most years.

That is my Ike Davis prediction. I am optimistic about him, but I don't see him hitting 40 homeruns...especially when he plays half his games at Citifield.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 01-03-2013 at 02:25 PM.

We chose Duda

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    ^Yeah, it's tough for anyone to hit 40 homeruns. He's definitly capable, he just needs to be consistent all year round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    That is my Ike Davis prediction. I am optimistic about him, but I don't see him hitting 40 homeruns...especially when he plays half his games at Citifield.
    I just don't understand this line of thinking. Did you watch him play this year or last? When he hits a HR, it doesn't barely get over the fence. When he connects, it is GONE. Citifield has much less to do with his future production than the other bats in the lineup and the quality of pitching he faces.

Speaking of that, many have mentioned protection before, but the SP in the division will make a difference too. We know what Washington has. We know Miami will be significantly worse. What about Braves and Phills? Better, worse, or a wash as a whole in the NLE?

vCash
    Citi Field doesn't suppress the HR ball anymore, so Ike will have a shot at 40.

vCash
    imo some of u r forgetting y he had a slow start; valley fever and recovery from injury. those 2 thing hampered his production early. once he got over both he started 2 mash like he can. 40 hrs is absolutly a possiblity.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    were it not for valley fever, he might have done it last year.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    40 ain't an easy number to reach. Look how often Straw hit 40.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    If a homegrown player becomes a star, trade him ASAP! This is the kind of thinking Sandy is cultivating in Mets fans... sigh...
    Well....if Davis is hitting 40 bombs at Citi, trading would probably be a dumb move. Who else could give you that production at Citi? But, if you find the right team, it could also be a move that changes the whole face of your team, and get you over that hump. Think the Texeira or Gonzalez (to Boston) trade. Doubt it happens, but fun to speculate.
    New York Yankees
    FC Bayern Munchen

Bundesliga: Wins- 25 / Draw- 3 / Loss- 2
    DFB-Pokal-Wins- 5 / Loss- 0 Finals vs Borussia Dortmund
    Champions League- Semi-Finals vs. Real Madrid.

1st Leg- April 23rd in Madrid.
    2nd Leg- April 29th in Munich.

vCash
    If he gets off to a better start in 2013 why not? He's Adam Dunn but with a better glove.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    40 ain't an easy number to reach. Look how often Straw hit 40.
    Back then 39 was a monster season. The N.L. Leaders were guys who hit in the mid to high 30 homers like Schmidt, Murphy and Strawberry in the 80's with Dawson's 49 homer '87 season thrown in there. Strawberry was also depended on to steal bases and use his athleticism more, Ike is like Fredo with cement shoes.
    Last edited by SILVER SEAVER; 01-03-2013 at 11:22 PM.

vCash
    Has to hit lefties better and more consistently before we can believe he is a 40 homer threat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123