Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    He's had 134 ABs.
    Lol, you beat me to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eltwo View Post
    Moneyball=Throw-it-against-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks.
    In this case, certainly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Back in 2010 there was a guy who got similar hype at ST. Remember, Chris "Animal" Carter. Many posters, including myself were excited about him, but he disappointed.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...standard::none

I see similarities between the two players.

Let's face it, many of the new faces on the team more than likely, will not be on the team by July 1.
    He was signed to play in Las Vegas.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Unfortunately for Brown and most of his 2013 teammates, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Throw enough **** on the wall and some of it bound to stick, just hopes it does not stink from the get go.
    Boom...lol
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    I know it, but I took the liberty he'll make the 25-man roster, due to the fact of our available talent pool.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    As it stands, this guy has a very good shot to make the team out of ST. Unless, I suppose, we continue to operate under the delusion that Lucas Duda deserves to be anywhere near a Major League ballpark.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    May as well have signed the Crazy World of Arthur Brown.

vCash
    I know it, but I took the liberty he'll make the 25-man roster, due to the fact of our available talent pool.
    Ouch.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Payroll down from $142M to about $95M, 7-8 large contracts expired, only one left, and still they won't sign a major-leaguer and ARE still shifting money over to next year.

But, the Mets are going to spend big next year oh yes they are.

vCash
    'Talent pool' might be a misnomer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Payroll down from $142M to about $95M, 7-8 large contracts expired, only one left, and still they won't sign a major-leaguer and ARE still shifting money over to next year.

But, the Mets are going to spend big next year oh yes they are.
    Who do you want them to sign this year? Seriously.

You may be right about next year and the Wilpons as a whole, but for this year...who do you suggest they should over pay for?

Just because I don't want them to spend much or at all this offseason (I wouldn't mind bringing back Hairston for a reasonable contract)...doesn't mean I am a Wilpon apologist.

Just trying to give you a different perspective, Mcfly....you can call me Doc if you want.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 01-03-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Who do you want them to sign this year? Seriously.
    Exactly. What has happened and will happen this off season conveniently fits his biased view. However, that doesn't mean it is the wrong move or that he is right.

I want to see a response to the above question. Who would you have them sign this off season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    As it stands, this guy has a very good shot to make the team out of ST. Unless, I suppose, we continue to operate under the delusion that Lucas Duda deserves to be anywhere near a Major League ballpark.
    Yeah I had to choose, I'd much rather give this guy 500 AB, than waste them on Duda. Duda has shown he's a dud and can't play the OF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue5 View Post
    Exactly. What has happened and will happen this off season conveniently fits his biased view. However, that doesn't mean it is the wrong move or that he is right.

I want to see a response to the above question. Who would you have them sign this off season?
    This is actually a great point. Even if one concedes the Wilpons will never spend to make this team better, it doesnt change the fact that it is wise for them not to invest heavily this season on stop gap players.

But the converse is true: That they are choosing not to invest on stop gap players doesnt mean they will invest in more expensive hole-filling players.

It's sort of a variant on the broken clock theory: Just because your clock happens to be telling the right time this instant doesnt mean the clock isn't broken.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast