Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    I love JR's role. He is looking like 6th man of the year right now. He is playing his role perfectly! The rest of our guys need to step up. JR is going to be closing out games so who cares anyway. Woody has this one figured out.

Offense wins games. DEFENSE wins Championships!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Woody didn't sound like the thought even crossed his mind in his post game so wouldn't count on it either way. JR and Amare coming off the bench is such a ridiculous duo with Pablo running the show and Novak opening up the floor..
    Yessir, agree 100%

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    I still think JR should start. There were still about 6 dead minutes offensively with the starting lineups with Brewer and Camby on the floor.

Luckily Brewer hit some shots and the Defense was top notch.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    John Starks lives in JR Smith

vCash
    JR is flourishing in his role, even when Shump comes back (when he's full strength), I still think JR is better as the 6th man. We have a team of interchangable players. Both will play tons of minutes, but Shump brings that D with the starting lineup, and JR injects that offense into the second unit (maybe with STAT).

We have so many options, I hope Woody knows how to manage all of them.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    JR is flourishing in his role, even when Shump comes back (when he's full strength), I still think JR is better as the 6th man. We have a team of interchangable players. Both will play tons of minutes, but Shump brings that D with the starting lineup, and JR injects that offense into the second unit (maybe with STAT).

We have so many options, I hope Woody knows how to manage all of them.
    While I agree that JR is great as a sixth man... with Felton out we still need a G that penetrates so we are not stagnent to start games. Lets not let last night fool us..SA shot terrible(some not by any means all can be attributed to our D).

I just don't understand why people think it would be such a negative to start JR for a few weeks ..He is a different player this year. Why wait 4 or 5 min to put him in ..so we can fall behind??

A starting Lineup of Kidd,JR,Melo,Camby and tyson gives us great balance on both ends of the court....but it has become agonizingly clear that our stubborn coach will never start JR...so for me Felton and/or Shump(healthy) can not get back soon enough

Once we are totally healthy this team is scary deep and the only problem we will have is finding enough PT to keep everyone happy and healthy

So many options depending on team we are playing...can play big or small can't wait!!!

WORST COACH IN THE NBA!!!!! HOPEFULLY HAILING A CAB OUT OF THE CITY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    While I agree that JR is great as a sixth man... with Felton out we still need a G that penetrates so we are not stagnent to start games. Lets not let last night fool us..SA shot terrible(some not by any means all can be attributed to our D).

I just don't understand why people think it would be such a negative to start JR for a few weeks ..He is a different player this year. Why wait 4 or 5 min to put him in ..so we can fall behind??

A starting Lineup of Kidd,JR,Melo,Camby and tyson gives us great balance on both ends of the court....but it has become agonizingly clear that our stubborn coach will never start JR...so for me Felton and/or Shump(healthy) can not get back soon enough

Once we are totally healthy this team is scary deep and the only problem we will have is finding enough PT to keep everyone happy and healthy

So many options depending on team we are playing...can play big or small can't wait!!!
    Don't get me wrong. Notice I said Shump @ 100%/full strength. I think Shump will be acclimated into the line up just like Amare. Shump would definitely warrant the backup 2, that we might slip JR into the starting lineup, while Shump shakes the rust off.

But if Woody really wants JR to be the spark off the bench, don't put JR into the starting lineup: it might be hard to get him out.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    I would say starting is generally a bit overrated, it's more about which guys finish games. But our starting 5 does need a little more offensive punch so they can avoid getting into large deficits in the 1st quarter.

I think Stoudemire is going to eventually get his starting spot back and eventually it'll be Raymond-Brewer-Melo-Stoudemire-Chandler as the starting 5 going forward. I don't think Shumpert will start this year.

vCash
    All they need to do is put JR in the starting line up and where set. Brewer can't consistently hit open shots and it hurts our offense. Defensively he's been nothing special and we still have to put JR in early before games get completely out of hand. It's not lie with the Clippers where you have a point guard that can score efficiently and distribute at the same time. We need a little more scoring in our starting unit. We only had 42 points at the half.

vCash
    My line up

Chandler
    Camby
    Melo
    JR
    Kidd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    Don't get me wrong. Notice I said Shump @ 100%/full strength. I think Shump will be acclimated into the line up just like Amare. Shump would definitely warrant the backup 2, that we might slip JR into the starting lineup, while Shump shakes the rust off.

But if Woody really wants JR to be the spark off the bench, don't put JR into the starting lineup: it might be hard to get him out.
    Yeah I def agree with ya on Shump being worked back into lineup with limited minutes..BUT...quite frankly..Brewer is only getting 10-15 minutes a game now Most coming at start of both halfs ..so I would just insert Shump right into Brewers slot(if and only if he looks good in practice)..cause Shump at 80% might be just as good as brewer has been this season on D and his O is already light years ahead of Brewers.

For me if JR was ever going to start..it would be now with Felton out(need the penetration)..not after Shump or Felton returns

as far as spark goes..if ya get up early..ya just need to maintain ..and I am pretty sure with a second unit of any combination of Pablo/Brewer/Novak/Amare/cope/sheed/white for now we could do that playing against 2nd units

then when Felton and shump get back look out!!!

WORST COACH IN THE NBA!!!!! HOPEFULLY HAILING A CAB OUT OF THE CITY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster View Post
    I would say starting is generally a bit overrated, it's more about which guys finish games. But our starting 5 does need a little more offensive punch so they can avoid getting into large deficits in the 1st quarter.

I think Stoudemire is going to eventually get his starting spot back and eventually it'll be Raymond-Brewer-Melo-Stoudemire-Chandler as the starting 5 going forward. I don't think Shumpert will start this year.
    I think any line up that has Brewer in it when Shump comes back is wrong. Brewer will hardly see the court when Shump comes back. Either Shump or JR will start. If we want that spark off the bench, Shump will start.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    OMG leave it alone! JR's doing a great job just where he is. Potential 6th Man of the Year! We have the 2nd best record in the eastern conference...and this with a s**t load of injuries. Are you expecting 32-0? Woody knows exactly what he's doing. Wait till Amare get's his legs and Shump eases his way into full throttle. This is going to get crazy!!! That was a great win last night. Really impressed, especially the way we've been playing lately. The only thing I worry about is getting complacent. The theory of "we can coast and turn it on when we have to" ala the last Sacramento game. Leave the JR thing alone and bask in the moment. We kicked the Spurs' butts last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thepearl View Post
    OMG leave it alone! JR's doing a great job just where he is. Potential 6th Man of the Year! We have the 2nd best record in the eastern conference...and this with a s**t load of injuries. Are you expecting 32-0? Woody knows exactly what he's doing. Wait till Amare get's his legs and Shump eases his way into full throttle. This is going to get crazy!!! That was a great win last night. Really impressed, especially the way we've been playing lately. The only thing I worry about is getting complacent. The theory of "we can coast and turn it on when we have to" ala the last Sacramento game. Leave the JR thing alone and bask in the moment. We kicked the Spurs' butts last night.
    totally agree. having one of the best season in awhile and people are still complaining. everybody's a GM at home, huh?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345