Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    Here is what I don't understand about some on here(Not directed at you) ...JR last 3 games with Felton out has played 37,43 and 40 minutes respectively, mostly coming in with like 8 minutes left in 1st Q. We have been getting hammered right off the bat in games. why not just start him??

He has been playing good D(in comparison to what we have to start now), is quick enough to stay in front of PG's , scores with the best of them.... Why do we have to fall behind every game...?? We need a penetrating G to drive to the basket which will open up Pick and roll for Tyson..and the only one we have right now is JR..

I am quite sure Woodson should be able to find a way to sit JR somewhere in the middle of the game for the 4 minutes extra if he starts at the beginning... the guy is only sitting 8 minutes the entire game..start him until Felton comes back..or at least shump!!

As for our bench..Amare is back(I know you hate him..but he scores) should supply some O...Cope should be getting more minutes and so should Camby to help on D!!

Sheed coming back should also help greatly..as I have said I really feel our starting lineup without Felton/Shump should be:

Kidd, JR, Melo, Sheed and Chandler..Very solid on both sides of the ball!!!!
    Where did you get I hate STAT from? The only way this team does anything is if STAT learns how to play as a team player and be the 2nd guy behind MELO
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    Jamal Crawford is the clippers second best back court player behind Cp3...
    Harden was the Thunder best backcourt player last year... And 2nd best player behind KD
    Terry was the 2nd best player on the mavs for how many years?
    Manu is the best SG/SF on the spurs still and comes off the bench.
    Some players alos thrive coming off the bench and can't start. We're 21-10 obv its working we've lost 2 in arow the sky isn't falling
    I never said the sky was falling, 21-10 isn't any reason to not make any changes either.

Jamal Crawford is the Clippers what 5th or 6th best player??? Why would anybody starting have to sacrifice for him.

Harden was traded, he obviously wasn't more important then Westbrook or KD to the thunder.

Manu started for the Spurs before Parker became a better player.

Terry started for the Mavs before they figured out he was an undersized point guard and Harris/ Kidd were better than him.

How many of these situations even match up to JR Smith being the best shooting guard we have, the best back court player and the second best player on the knicks???

Who is he sacrificing his game for so the team can be better??? Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Russell West Brook....... even boarder line all stars Josh Howard/Caron Butler. Where these players on the knicks???

Makes little sense with the way JR Smith is playing and what he has in front of him. Best team should start and there is no way Felton, kidd, Brewer are better than JR.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    I don't think your best 5 have to start but you can't have two people in your starting lineup that you are looking to take out after 4 minutes each game. Thomas and Brewer need to take a seat. How many times do we have to be burned by this lineup.

Against bigger teams start JR and Camby. Give it a shot.Against the other teams untill we get Felton and Shumpert back I am all for starting Smith and James White. James White atleast plays some defense and he is better offensively then Brewer.

vCash
    Problem isn't JR having to start.

My thoughts is if your going to play him 40 min then does it make a difference?

If I'm the coach and we start games terribly and if not for Melo ouch.....game over set match.

You cannot get down 20 and expect to win, what happens in most games is we get teased come back to only fall short. I've seen this for so many decades, and Clyde says it all the time, its very rare to fully come back and win games your that far behind.

That said KT brings garbage, so why is Camby not in for him? What does KT's 4 min really mean to Woody?

Next Brewer has failed, Woody has failed constantly starting him. So go with White who can cover pg's and hit shots , well atleast better than Brewer.

Brewer is hurt he can barely dunk, White is a guy who can help playing with Kidd, Melo and Chandler.

Next ? when was the last time Chandler started a game strong? Seems he wakes up in the 2nd half if at all.

Believe it or not Sheed is missed big time because he's a stretch big that spreads the floor for Melo and also plays defense.

Another problem is pentetration, only Melo and JR can so we need a pg in a trade, or I say we finish January around .500.

Why do I say that? Melo and JR just had great games and we lost to Portland at home. Now we face SA and Boston with Rondo and Parker flying around our PG's, this is not pretty right now.

The next thing is Woody? How can you have Amare, Novak, Cope, and Pablo on the court all together? That is insanity at its best. Only JR was out there with them so what do you expect?

Woody has to be accountable first and then hold others accountable.

Sitting here every game waiting for Novak to hit a few shots while giving up many points is getting crazy as well.

How many teams have an 11 man rotation? Only White sat which was the biggest ? of them all with our guard situation.

Its time for Woody to step up get a set rotation and make it all work.

And I'll repeat this team does not have a defensive or penetrating PG for 4-6 weeks.....................good luck with that.

FO wake the hell up.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    I never said the sky was falling, 21-10 isn't any reason to not make any changes either.

Jamal Crawford is the Clippers what 5th or 6th best player??? Why would anybody starting have to sacrifice for him.

Harden was traded, he obviously wasn't more important then Westbrook or KD to the thunder.

Manu started for the Spurs before Parker became a better player.

Terry started for the Mavs before they figured out he was an undersized point guard and Harris/ Kidd were better than him.

How many of these situations even match up to JR Smith being the best shooting guard we have, the best back court player and the second best player on the knicks???

Who is he sacrificing his game for so the team can be better??? Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Russell West Brook....... even boarder line all stars Josh Howard/Caron Butler. Where these players on the knicks???

Makes little sense with the way JR Smith is playing and what he has in front of him. Best team should start and there is no way Felton, kidd, Brewer are better than JR.
    J craw on the clippers is the perfect example..... Willie ****ing green starts on the clippers for GOD sake lol.

Manu was coming off the bench before Parker came into his own.... Parker came into the league in 01-02 , Manu came into the league after him....Michael Finley was starting over him when he was like 35. Was he better then Manu? Roger Mason Jr started over him the year after....

Josh Howard was playing SF not SG in dallas. Eddie Jones/Deshawn Steveson/Atonie Wright/Devon Geogre were starting over him at one point...Where they better then Terry?

Yes Harden was traded.... He was traded because Thunder couldn't affoard 4 guys making 10 mill(5 if you include Ibaka if they resign him). Thats just how they're built. Thebo was starting at the over him does that mean he was better?

Jr smith is better then Brewer no question... But if we move Jr to the starting line up. Then what becomes of our bench? We start off slow who comes off the bench to help us out of the slump? A 6th man is important in the nba. And its not like Woody is scared to pull somebody 4 mins into the game he does that most of the time with Brewer/thomas for smith anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    J craw on the clippers is the perfect example..... Willie ****ing green starts on the clippers for GOD sake lol.

Manu was coming off the bench before Parker came into his own.... Parker came into the league in 01-02 , Manu came into the league after him....Michael Finley was starting over him when he was like 35. Was he better then Manu? Roger Mason Jr started over him the year after....

Josh Howard was playing SF not SG in dallas. Eddie Jones/Deshawn Steveson/Atonie Wright/Devon Geogre were starting over him at one point...Where they better then Terry?

Yes Harden was traded.... He was traded because Thunder couldn't affoard 4 guys making 10 mill(5 if you include Ibaka if they resign him). Thats just how they're built. Thebo was starting at the over him does that mean he was better?

Jr smith is better then Brewer no question... But if we move Jr to the starting line up. Then what becomes of our bench? We start off slow who comes off the bench to help us out of the slump? A 6th man is important in the nba. And its not like Woody is scared to pull somebody 4 mins into the game he does that most of the time with Brewer/thomas for smith anyway.

How is JC a perfect example??? I don't think you understand the argument. JC is neither one of the best two players in LAC nor is he better than Paul. JC and Paul both need the ball to perform. Willie Green compliments Chris Paul, JC does not.

Who in the back court for the knicks needs the ball and is better than JR Smith???

Again Manu started in his third and forth year, did you expect a rookie to start over a vet for a champion Spurs team??? In those same years Tony Park begins to average 19 points a game. You have two talented ball handlers in MG and TP, TP is leading all guards with points in the paint, so you send Manu to the bench.

Who is the guard that is leading the knicks in points in the paint or averaging 19 points per game that JR needs to stay on the bench???

Harden was the third wheel, Westbrook and he needed the ball to create, the thunder choose Westbrook. Doesn't matter if you feel Harden is better, he was never the second best player in OKC, if he was they would have signed him and traded Westbrook. Doesn't get any clearer than that when it comes to pecking order.

Jr Smith is the second best player on the knicks no question right now, who is our Westbrook that needs the ball in the back court and is arguably better than JR Smith???

Jason Terry started his first three years with the Mavs, until they found out he was a liability as a undersized guard. He was not the Mavs second best player, Josh Howard was better for two years and Caron Butler were both fits as starters. He nothing to protect Harris/Kidd and defensively didn't match up with 2's or 3's.

Nobody on the knicks is a better fit than JR as the starting two guard, he is also the best all around player we have and helps out the point guard incredibly with ball handling.

JR smith is not just better than the guards in front of him he is the best guard on knicks and the second best player period. If the bench is soo weak, then why should we put them up against starters??? Wouldn't those players have a better chance of producing going up against the other teams bench than their starters???

Amare surrounded by our bench should be brought along to hold down the bench for the 8-16 minutes than our two best players catch a blow. Best players should start, unless they undermine our top players.

It's not we are losing games because we can't score, we are losing because the other team get's a too good of a roll in the first half. Playing our best unit defensively and offensively would help that.
    Last edited by Anji; 01-02-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

vCash
    ^^ I agree with the notion that somebody in the backcourt has to create offense, break down the D, make plays and score the ball. We can't keep using a Kidd-Brewer back court. Kidd is way more comfortable in his off-guard role at this point in his career. Kidd will bring the ball up but JR will initiate a lot of the offense in the half court, and we need someone too. He is a way underrated pick and roll passer as well.

His game is definitely starter quality, but I'm not a believer your best guys need to start. I do think JR Smith still has all star potential and maybe a bit more if he gets his head on straight. Guys like Terry didn't figure it out til way late in their careers. JR can do it all when hes locked in and playing under control, hes an athletic freak and while he gets lost at times in rotations like 99% of the NBA, he can play lock down 1 on 1 D and gets a **** ton of steals.

I like it with Felton out, but I love JR off the bench at full strength.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-02-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    But I don't think anyone can deny that when you think prototypical star-superstar shooting guard skills, JR has all of them.

I mean athletic as hell who can run the floor, throw down haymaker dunks and sky for alleyoops, shoot the rock from anywhere on the court whenever he needs to get a shot off, good to great D for an SG, solid playmaker, non stop energy, takes and makes big time shots. He doesn't have much if any weaknesses for an SG and the only thing that has held him back is his decision making. That is fixable and Woody seems like the best man for the job when it comes to fixing that.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-02-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Where did you get I hate STAT from? The only way this team does anything is if STAT learns how to play as a team player and be the 2nd guy behind MELO
    Sorry man..went braindead thought you were Looter!! Absolutely agree with you!!

vCash
    He's never going to improve his shot selection. He's in the ideal position off the bench. He can shoot you right out of a game the same way he can shoot you into it.

Look at guys like Ginobli or Harden coming off the bench for top teams. JR isn't on their level.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    He's never going to improve his shot selection. He's in the ideal position off the bench. He can shoot you right out of a game the same way he can shoot you into it.

Look at guys like Ginobli or Harden coming off the bench for top teams. JR isn't on their level.
    Well...since Felton has been out...we have been digging ourselves huge holes..so I think since he is our only penetrating healthy G at the moment..I would take my chances starting him

People really need to get over this JR can't start crap... Is our starting unit working right now?????????

vCash
    I would start JR once Shumpert returns.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Posted this in a different thread too but I think it needs to be heard cuz fans are getting outta control....

Damn Knicks fans really do overreact more than ANY fans in the NBA. Literally more than any teams fans. Not kidding.

Other fans on these boards make fun of us for overreacting so much but ya know what, it's true. You guys are just ridiculous sometimes in here. So we're 5-5 in our last 10, big f*ckin deal!

Do you expect us to win 7 out of every 10 games the whole damn season?? So we lost the other night on a miracle 3 pointer at the buzzer..... we also won two games at the buzzer thanks to JR. It happens. It'll probably happen again against us and we'll probably win again like that at some point.... it's the NBA. Teams hit rough patches throughout the year. Only the 72-10 Bulls from the 90's went a whole season without having a bad stretch, but even they lost consecutive games....

Chill out! Amar'e just came back and people expected him to dominate right away? Come on now! Felton is out, Shump still hasn't played, Camby still isn't getting the minutes that he probably will eventually get. Sheed has been hurt most the year, yet we're still 2nd in the EAST. That's pretty damn good. We have one of the best players in the league having a great season. JR Smith is playing great. We'll be just fine. Stop freaking out when we lose a couple games.

Do you people realize we still have over 50 games left? Chances are still great that we finish in the top 3 in the EAST and I'd be more than happy with that. Fans in the main forum laughed at us when we said we'd win the division and be a top 3 seed. They mostly still thought we were a 6-7 seed. Let's be happy we have a good team and have a great chance to be a top 3 seed. That's far better than any recent team.

Let's hope we're healthy for the playoffs. That's what we really need. If Melo is dealing with an injury and we need him to sit a game even though we'll probably lose, so be it. The season has 82 games and we're all but guaranteed a playoff spot. We need our guys healthy at the end of the season.

Just stop overreacting when we lose games. Holy crap.

Thanks for listening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Disagree. We would need Shump guarding our opponents best backcourt scorer for as much as we can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    I think thats a big mistake. He's a ball stopper, but he can be good when hes hot. I think he's a perfect 6th man. Shumpert complements everybody well in the starting lineup.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast