Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I'm with Seguin on this.

Don't deal Krejci, he's very important to this team.

vCash
    I think the Bruins could move Krejci or a combo of several smaller pieces like Seguin said. The important thing is the Bruins have OPTIONS. The proposed 60mil cap is scary but I don't think the Bruins would have to run a fire sale or anything.

I like the idea of keeping Krejci because I like him in the playoffs and he has a natural playmaking ability that this team needs. But, he's not super durable, and why isn't he better than he is on the PP? I'd trade him if it was a Kessel-like deal.

On the other hand I'd also move Boychuk, Peverly, Kelly, Paille, Ference. For picks.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    I think the Bruins could move Krejci or a combo of several smaller pieces like Seguin said. The important thing is the Bruins have OPTIONS. The proposed 60mil cap is scary but I don't think the Bruins would have to run a fire sale or anything.

I like the idea of keeping Krejci because I like him in the playoffs and he has a natural playmaking ability that this team needs. But, he's not super durable, and why isn't he better than he is on the PP? I'd trade him if it was a Kessel-like deal.

On the other hand I'd also move Boychuk, Peverly, Kelly, Paille, Ference. For picks.
    You'd never get a package like that for Krejci. Kessel was 21 yrs old and coming off a 35+ goal / 60 point season, considered one of the best young players in the game and was a RFA. Could you get a 1st for Krejci? probably but it'd be a bottom 3rd pick.

The more I look at it, the more I'd love to see a Krejci for Kane swap. The thought of a line of Lucic - Seguin - Kane make me

Krejci signed thru '14-'15 at $5.25 million per
    Kane signed thru '14-'15 at $6.3 million per

Krejci Career Avg - 16G / 40A / 56Pts
    Kane Career Avg - 25G / 49A / 74Pts

Lucic - Seguin - Kane
    Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
    Kelly - Peverley - Caron
    Paille - Campbell - Thornton

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Thomas would be the player bought out.....that Corey Perry idea is way off, Gotta be more realistic with these trade ideas and put yourself in the other GM's shoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    the two sides are close to a deal, its probably going to solved and we'll have a 50-48 game season, so yeah.....
    They have been "close" since it started. I won't believe it until I see them lacing up their skates. If this season is canceled, hockey is done as a sport.

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyNick View Post
    Thomas would be the player bought out.....that Corey Perry idea is way off, Gotta be more realistic with these trade ideas and put yourself in the other GM's shoes.
    Perry has one year remaining on his deal and if the Ducks don't feel like he'll re-sign I could see them moving him. How is it unrealistic?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    You'd never get a package like that for Krejci. Kessel was 21 yrs old and coming off a 35+ goal / 60 point season, considered one of the best young players in the game and was a RFA. Could you get a 1st for Krejci? probably but it'd be a bottom 3rd pick.

The more I look at it, the more I'd love to see a Krejci for Kane swap. The thought of a line of Lucic - Seguin - Kane make me

Krejci signed thru '14-'15 at $5.25 million per
    Kane signed thru '14-'15 at $6.3 million per

Krejci Career Avg - 16G / 40A / 56Pts
    Kane Career Avg - 25G / 49A / 74Pts

Lucic - Seguin - Kane
    Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
    Kelly - Peverley - Caron
    Paille - Campbell - Thornton
    That could be such a deadly line for years to come....

By the way, is it safe to say Seguin is ready to be a number one center??? His play in Swiss was ****ing great, but will that transition over to the NHL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Perry has one year remaining on his deal and if the Ducks don't feel like he'll re-sign I could see them moving him. How is it unrealistic?
    maybe you put the 1st rounder in the wrong place, but you said we get Perry and a 1st for Krejci......maybe if we sent krejci, a first, and then a really good prospect (koko?) they would entertain it for Perry (without the first)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyNick View Post
    maybe you put the 1st rounder in the wrong place, but you said we get Perry and a 1st for Krejci......maybe if we sent krejci, a first, and then a really good prospect (koko?) they would entertain it for Perry (without the first)
    No I had it in the right spot but it was a Conditional 1st (2nd if we re-sign him). Krejci has (including this year) 3 years remaining on his contract while Perry is a UFA after this season. For the B's to entertain the idea of Perry they'd want something else in return. Perry could give you one year then (hypothetically) returned to the Ducks and now you have nothing (PC wouldn't put himself in that situation).

Another aspect is the money on the deals. The Ducks will have 10 players coming off the books next season with someone of those names being Perry, Getz, Teemu, Koivu & Lydman. Shortly behind them you have Ryan, Sbisa & Hiller. Perry, Getz & Ryan will all command $6+ million with Hiller in a $5 million range (he'llbe coming into his prime). Could the Ducks really afford to keep all these guys and build a team around them?

Krejci is owed $5.25 through the '14-'15 season (less then both Perry and Getz make now), gives them a 1a center and allows them to re-sign Getzlaf. Good teams are built down the middle and centers are a premium in the NHL. Do the B's need to move Krejci? nope, we can leave Seguin on the wing but for the right deal you move Krejci.

vCash
    Krejci is worth more than Perry. The values good just not the timing imo. If we still had Savard, absolutely its not a question the bruins do it but I don't think NOW it makes them better. I guess your view is cause you want Seguin at center... I don't see him as an nhl center. Not that he can't, just because his style of play typically doesn't work well for a.center. He and Kessel I find similar in so many ways and this is another. Both guys just seem better.fits on the wing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Krejci is worth more than Perry. The values good just not the timing imo. If we still had Savard, absolutely its not a question the bruins do it but I don't think NOW it makes them better. I guess your view is cause you want Seguin at center... I don't see him as an nhl center. Not that he can't, just because his style of play typically doesn't work well for a.center. He and Kessel I find similar in so many ways and this is another. Both guys just seem better.fits on the wing
    this is the only thing you've said I disagree with. I feel guys like Kelly could become expendable because Seguin should be at C eventually. In Switzerland the guy just has looked so comfortable at the position, doing everything right. A lot of people didn't see Bergeron as an NHL C either and that's worked tremendously. I know they're different players, but I think there's definitely the need to give him an opportunity there

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    It's definitely possible I just don't see why it would happen or who it'd benefit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    It's definitely possible I just don't see why it would happen or who it'd benefit.
    well not that I want to trade Krejci, but if we try Seguin at the C spot and the experiment works, and works WELL, then if you can flip Krejci for a really good package to help out our team I'd be okay with that. However, I'm not for trading Krejci until and only if Seguin is tried out at C and plays well at the position. People calling for the trading of Krejci before testing Seguin are out of their minds.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12