Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

If A Deal Gets Done.....

I have a good feeling about getting a deal done and have a 42 games season. With that the B's may run into a bit of a problem after this season. Reports are that the salary cap would be set a $60 million for the '13-'14 season. As of right now the B's have $57.1 million committed to the roster with the following FA's

Tuukka Rask - RFA
    Tim Thomas - UFA
    Anton Khudobin - UFA
    Andrew Ference - UFA
    Nathan Horton - UFA
    Jordan Caron - RFA

There is an off chance that teams will be allowed to buyout a players contract (wont count against the cap) but who do you buyout? (don't think you can buyout Savy as it IR) or do you trade someone?

The guy that comes to mind (and has been discussed previously) is David Krejci. At the end of this year Krejci will have two years remaining at $5.25 million per year. I think Krejci could net you a mid 1st round pick or a B level prospect. I'd like to see us move Krejci + 3rd to NYI for Nino

The Islanders could use some center depth and Krejci would slide in nicely behind JT and give them a HUGE boost to their 2nd line. Nino gives the B's a young winger that would allow Seguin to move back to center.

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    Another name that is intriguing but would take some serious work is Patrick Kane. He (like Krejci) has 2 years remaining on his deal and has been getting heat in Chicago for some off-ice incidents. Kane and Seguin played very well together over Biel and could be a dynamic duo playing together. Kane came over a month or so after Seguin and posted a line like this....

Kane - 17GP / 11G / 8A / 19pts
    Seguin - 29GP / 25G / 15A / 40pts

vCash
    was seguin playing center in the swiss league ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    was seguin playing center in the swiss league ?
    Yup, he had Kane on his RW and Jacob Micflikier on the LW. Micflikier was a UNH product who bounced around the ECHL and AHL. Actually put up decent numbers in the AHL he got 76G / 106A in 250 GP (.73 PPG). Over for Biel he had 14G / 23A in 32 GP with Seguin & Kane.

vCash
    I don't want to get anyone's hopes up with this suggestion but I doubt Corey Perry is going to stay with Anaheim after this season (if played) and I am expecting the Bruins to make a big play for him.

He would be perfect on this team.

Also to be a UFA is Jarome Iginla, and I believe Patrick Elias

vCash
    Don't worry about it. There won't be a season and the NHL is done as a sport.

vCash
    Corey Perry would be nice but I'd want to see something else coming back from the Ducks for Krejci. Krejci has two years remaining (after this year) and Perry will be a UFA after this short season (If we have one).

To Boston
    Corey Perry
    '13 Conditional 1st (2nd if Perry re-signs)

To Anaheim
    David Krejci

My only concern is what kind of contract will Perry want? He's a 35+ goalscorer who'll be looking to cash in. The Bruins are already tight on the cap next year (if the $60 million rumors are true). I mean would a 4yr $22 million deal get it done?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Corey Perry would be nice but I'd want to see something else coming back from the Ducks for Krejci. Krejci has two years remaining (after this year) and Perry will be a UFA after this short season (If we have one).

To Boston
    Corey Perry
    '13 Conditional 1st (2nd if Perry re-signs)

To Anaheim
    David Krejci

My only concern is what kind of contract will Perry want? He's a 35+ goalscorer who'll be looking to cash in. The Bruins are already tight on the cap next year (if the $60 million rumors are true). I mean would a 4yr $22 million deal get it done?
    Going to cost more than that IMO. Did you intend to put the conditional 1st to Anaheim?

vCash
    I think your value of players is a tad off - Nino seems to be a good prospect but there's no way his value is higher than Perry or Krejci.

Perry I consider, Nino absolutely not. The way I see it the Bruins window is open now - until Z retires. Not that it won't still be open after but I think the bruins need to have the mindset that these next few years are when we've got to cash in. Not meaning trade all prospects, just make smart moves. Keep the core intact and build around that. Bergeron, Krejci, Seguin , Lucic, Marhand ay forward, Z and seidenberg at D. Every other piece imo is movable or at least replaceable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    I think your value of players is a tad off - Nino seems to be a good prospect but there's no way his value is higher than Perry or Krejci.

Perry I consider, Nino absolutely not. The way I see it the Bruins window is open now - until Z retires. Not that it won't still be open after but I think the bruins need to have the mindset that these next few years are when we've got to cash in. Not meaning trade all prospects, just make smart moves. Keep the core intact and build around that. Bergeron, Krejci, Seguin , Lucic, Marhand ay forward, Z and seidenberg at D. Every other piece imo is movable or at least replaceable
    When you take the rumored cap into consideration I don't think it's that far off. IF the cap does drop to $60 million next year the B's have some work to do. Right now they have $57 million committed to the roster. Rask will be a RFA and (pending his performance) could be a $4+ million signing (now we're already over the cap). Nino is signed for two more years at $2.75 million per which would save us just under $3 million from Krejci.

Krejci & Nino are the main pieces, obviously there would be more involved. I'd expect that the B's would get an upgrade on a pick and maybe a swap of some prospects.

vCash
    What's good about the deal for Boston ? Save money ? There's other, smarter ways to clear cash. Kelly, Peverley, and Boychuck are 3 guys I'd consider replaceable for their price. You're not going to get a top prospect but you can stockload picks or simply trade them for cheaper players.

There's no reason to move Krejci over less significant pieces

vCash
    I'd have no problem moving Boychuk but for the value I'd rather keep Kelly & Pevs. I've never been a Krejci guy as he seems to do most of his statistical damage against the weak teams and is average against the good teams. I'm not sure how you can call Nino a less significant piece. If you take his talent combined with things like his contract and age he's a solid piece. A 20yr old winger with size that can score and is under team control for a awhile is a valuable piece.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfreak1776 View Post
    Don't worry about it. There won't be a season and the NHL is done as a sport.
    the two sides are close to a deal, its probably going to solved and we'll have a 50-48 game season, so yeah.....

vCash
    Patrick Kane pleaseee. Him and Seguin definitely lit up the swiss league. I'd love to see them together in Boston
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    . I'm not sure how you can call Nino a less significant piece. If you take his talent combined with things like his contract and age he's a solid piece. A 20yr old winger with size that can score and is under team control for a awhile is a valuable piece.
    Because compared to Krejci he is very insignificant. He wouldn't provide a thing to this current team and is very far from being a guarantee at the nhl level

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast