Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Let's face it, Pau is on the decline.
    Duh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    There's a major difference between international ball and the NBA. While pau may be good against the non athletic FIBA players, he can no longer make much of an impact in the NBA.
    He looked good against those "non-athletic FIBA players" he was playing against in the Olympic Gold Medal game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl:24944761
    There's a major difference between international ball and the NBA. While pau may be good against the non athletic FIBA players, he can no longer make much of an impact in the NBA.
    He looked good against those "non-athletic FIBA players" he was playing against in the Olympic Gold Medal game.
    Yup so miraculously he became suddenly terrible again in the NBA.

vCash
    theres no miracle.

Isnot teh same to play in the post as the main man than to play in the perimeter as a 4th option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    theres no miracle.

Isnot teh same to play in the post as the main man than to play in the perimeter as a 4th option.
    But when he gets his chance (like times when Dwight isn't in the game) he still doesn't look great. He's had moments, but overall, he lacks aggression and does not look like the old Pau. In the rare times he is aggressive, he gets his **** blocked (unless he has a wide-open lane against two 50 year olds, like in the NY game).

And what about defensively? Teams draw up game plans to attack him, and they usually succeed. Nobody in the entire league is afraid to drive to the basket against Pau.

It's like I said before, he's a 7 foot, 20 million dollar player playing like a soft 6'8 undersized PF.

Our stupid front office (MITCH) blew the chance to trade him when his value was at the highest.
    Last edited by handle; 01-03-2013 at 11:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner:24951947
    theres no miracle.

The reason he hasn't had many post up opportunities is because he is unable to.get in good low post position as other bugs out muscle him. He is no longer very mobile, he has been.unable to rebound at a level he's expected to and.his inability to defend is hurting his team drastically. The only aspect of his play that is helping his team is his passing. The only reason you would trade a Guy like pau is because as is the Lakers simply have no chance at a title. Might as well take a gamble. Losing pau at this point wont really hurt this teams chances anymore than what they are at this point.

vCash
    The reason he hasn't had many post up opportunities is because he is unable to.get in good low post position as other bugs out muscle him. He is no longer very mobile, he has been.unable to rebound at a level he's expected to and.his inability to defend is hurting his team drastically. The only aspect of his play that is helping his team is his passing. The only reason you would trade a Guy like pau is because as is the Lakers simply have no chance at a title. Might as well take a gamble. Losing pau at this point wont really hurt this teams chances anymore than what they are at this point.
    But trading him now may KILL our future deppending on the contracts we get back.

vCash
    Whenever D'Antoni changes his system. Or is fired and a more post-friendly coach is hired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner:24954998
    But trading him now may KILL our future deppending on the contracts we get back.
    Its not about the future but rather its about the now. You have Kobe Bryant. He's.not gonna be.there.in the future. You go all in.so long as kobes playing and you try to win now.

vCash
    Its not about the future but rather its about the now. You have Kobe Bryant. He's.not gonna be.there.in the future. You go all in.so long as kobes playing and you try to win now.
    Seriously kobe can go **** a deer if he wants.

If we can have Lebron , love and Howard from 2014 until 2019 and win 3 or 4 titles in that span.

As oposed to win 1 wiht kobe and then 0 for the next 10 years.

vCash
    Trading Gasol would be best for him and the Lakers. A fresh start somewhere else would do him a world of good.

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

vCash

If we can have Lebron , love and Howard from 2014 until 2019 and win 3 or 4 titles in that span.

Lebron, Love, and Howard would be awesome

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner:24966336

Lol. Might as well include CP3 and Durant while you're at it. With D12 the Lakers have their future. With Kobe only having a couple of more elite seasons left you win now.

vCash
    Not on pringles System.
    Not in anybodys system with those bad knees, ankles, and feet. His jumper was his meal ticket and he has since lost it.

vCash
    Croon I have been reading the posts on PSD for a few years nw and just decided to start posting myself. You have always been a good poster in the past and seem to get it, by that I mean you havent made ridiculous posts. But this year I think your loyalty to pau may be getting the best of you. You can certainly tell me to go f myself, but seriously! even you have to admit that he is a shell of what he has been in the past. Todays NBA is just fast, fast , fast and he is not in shape to keep up with the game. With that said, I would keep him over dwight. I know I will get hammered for that statement by the forum, but to me Dwight is way over hyped and I always felt he was. Now that I get to see him in every game I see it first hand. It's not his D, thats obviously solid. He just has no offensive skill set regardless of the system he runs. When he was with Orlando, no team worried abut his getting 20 per night, who cares, it's not like they were losing to Orlando! If I were in the Lakes F.O. I would do what i can to convince pau to get into NBA shape and keep him happy. His skill set is superior to dwghts at least imo. But you can still still be loyal and at the same time call it like you really see it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast