Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Rafa Bush has broken fibula

loooooooooooooooool right after I get the Cooks news. RIP secondary. RIP Saints. We're cursed this year.

vCash
    It's not like the secondary can get any worse.

Best defenders are in the stands!

vCash

Wow that's a huge blow to the defense. Remember at the beginning of the year when we were talking about depth in the secondary? SJB needs to start playing enough is enough.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    We brought back Pierre Warren
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Wow that's a huge blow to the defense. Remember at the beginning of the year when we were talking about depth in the secondary? SJB needs to start playing enough is enough.
    Yeah man, I had so much optimism coming in. I thought we were one piece away from being the next "big" secondary in the league.

Keenan Lewis is a legit CB1, Jairus Byrd is one of the best free safeties/ballhawks in football when healthy, Kenny Vaccaro after one more year of development, expected more and then bringing back Rafa Bush for that 3 safety look/even more depth. I love his game. It's almost like everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong.

vCash
    I cant recall a season where we were still in contention with such a sub par record. Theres has been recent times we were 11-5 or so and still barely winning the division or a wild card. Does it matter if we win the division at 8-8 vs 12--4 and don't win the Superbowl either way? Go hard or go home at this point? Idk. What yall thinking?

I guess if we squeak in the playoffs with a bad record and lose at least we get a better draft pick.

I still think we got a chance at beating any of the NFC playoff contenders maybe its not that we arent talented enough maybe theres just a lot of parity in the league this season.

Anybody got any optimism left lol?
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    I say they should play youngsters and start trying new schemes. Why not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    I say they should play youngsters and start trying new schemes. Why not?
    Because we still have a very good chance of winning the division and getting a home playoff game.
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Once the playoffs come, it doesn't matter what our regular season record is. All we need is to get hot at the right time

vCash
    The Saints don't win in the Dome, anymore.

vCash

Damn iamaj you have been negative for weeks now. The season isn't over yet we are still in the playoff hunt to win the division. Does it look like an easy task? Hell no! Players are going to have to step up and so is coaching. Remember that time when there was a team that snuck into the playoffs and beat a good team in the first round? I do it was when we went to Seattle and beast mode went beast mode on us. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

I'll be honest if we lose first round in the playoffs I'll be ok with that. That means we turned this season around and overcame injuries and took the division. If we go belly up like iamaj wants us to then we get a better draft pick but a longer offseason.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    You find an offseason that's one week longer to be so objectionable?

When a team has Super Bowl aspirations and has to claw to 8-8 or 7-9 to steal a playoff spot they don't deserve, it's a failure. That's not negative; that's just how it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    You find an offseason that's one week longer to be so objectionable?

When a team has Super Bowl aspirations and has to claw to 8-8 or 7-9 to steal a playoff spot they don't deserve, it's a failure. That's not negative; that's just how it is.
    I think you missed my point brother. My point is that just making the playoffs will win the division and yes I can live with that. It means we turned around the rest of the season through injuries and bad play and coaching so far. Do we have the team to win the SB? I am a huge Saints fan like everyone on here and even I will say no. Did we have it at the beginning of the year? I would like to think that we did. I know that is very optimistic and maybe homerish but I did think we had a good chance at it. Then again every team starts 0-0 and that is the reason you play the game.

in 2010 the Seattle Shehawks won there division at 7-9 had a home playoff game and beat us. Anything can happen in the playoffs we were heavy favorites in the game. We went 13-3 that year and were not the heavy favorites but favored to get to the SB.

Anyone can shock the world in the NFL with its parity. See what I mean?

vCash
    I get what you mean, but a home playoff game with no Super Bowl hopes might hurt the team long term.

If the team has gotten soft and undisciplined, winning the division might be a bad thing because it kills any sense of urgency.

vCash
    You never know though. IF the team turns it up we may find a player that is a gem on the team. I will take that moving forward. I am just being optimistic right now. We could very well go belly up, but I rather that not happen. At the end of the day an 8-8 team is an 8-8 team whether its a division winner or cellar dwellar. It says more about the division not the team if that record gets you the division.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast