Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    Justin or DMF but you said HIS fan base and DMF is a female so I'm going with Justin the Heat fan.
    Justin-Heat fan

Correct. Well done. LOL

So anyways, I'm stealing his usual response for our recent struggles. We'll be fine

vCash
    The knicks decided they were going to go full tilt in the first two months of the season, and that decision has backfired on them.

This is a marathon, not a sprint.

A small town called nunya god damn bidness
    vCash
    Does n e one else miss Sheed?

vCash
    The defensive breakdown is certainly guard penetration, mainly off PnR. Guards really have to do better. Period.

But I trust Woody to fix it. Honestly, lately, I think the offense has put them in such a hole that they have had to play too many offensive first lineups to play consistent defensively.

Right now, without Felton. They really have to consider starting JR for one, and sitting KT for 2. Our best lineups were Felton/JR/Kidd/Melo/Tyson. That lineup was playing extremely well early on, and still could (minus Felton of course).

These lineups where KT misses easy shots, Brewer does the same, and Kidd is just a floor spacer, is not allowing the offense to flow. They struggle badly as far as getting buckets within the flow, because they can't hit shots. Melo or recently JR, has to then do a lot of one on one stuff to get the team back into the game. The team then finds a rhythm, but it's a problem. If they can't play great defense with that starting unit (and from my vision, Melo certainly hasn't been a big problem with this effort) then there is no need to play it, as that is a defensive lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AIMelo=KillaDUO View Post
    Does n e one else miss Sheed?
    **** yah

vCash
    Chandler is certainly not doing anything for an encore after winning DPOY. He's never been a huge shot blocker, but this season it's almost as if he's making a concerted effort to not even challenge shots at the rim for fear of foul trouble. When there's no threat of a rim protector, teams attack the paint for easy buckets and put up 100 points per night (which they've been doing for at least the last 10 games).

vCash
    The problem with this team is we are getting out to slow starts and have to crush the opponent in the second half to even have a chance at winning. What's crazy is in the last two games we have crushed our opponent in the second half only to fall short in both games. Last night night Woodson played some interesting lineups to get us back in the ballgame but steered away from them at the end of the game. At one point he played Kidd, J.R, Carmelo, Amare and Chandler and I thought they did pretty well. He also played Chandler and Camby together and they shut down the paint pretty good. Woodson made one crucial error at the end of the game and that was having Pablo on Lillard. J.R was the clear better option on defense to stick Lillard. I don't think we have anything to worry about. Melo still put up 45 on a 80% knee and Stat proved to me with that Dunk that he still has explosiveness and should be back to his form soon.
    IT'S SHOWTIME!!

vCash
    It didn't go anywhere we just wait till we are down by 20 and then dig in with 4 mins left!

vCash
    it just amazes me how lately we've been getting ate up by basic back door and screen and roll plays....we also have been giving teams wide open 3 attempts..those can be defended easily but guys arent closing out..aren't communicating and are getting beat up the floor...I don't know what the problem is but the team that was playing in the first few weeks compared to now are 2 different teams...maybe the players started feeling themselves too much...or maybe this team is all hype...either way if the goal is to make a deep playoff run..then the effort on D has to eb ther eevery night...right now its not
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    The team seems to turn up the intensity when they feel they are in a very deep hole...They need to play with that way from the start and thats how we were blowing so many teams out earlier in the year, which allowed our guys to rest most of the 4th quarters

vCash

Where did our D go?

There's no intensity on the 1st half. That has to change

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HYFR View Post
    There's no intensity on the 1st half. That has to change
    not for nothing but this could partly be due to bad coaching...sheed was a big part vocally for our defense....communicating was big...but you just don't see that anymore. It's really wierd to see us not do that anymore.
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    Idk where the D went but having "defensive stoppers" like chandler and brewer not doing their job, it ain't coming back. At this point, when shump comes back brewer should never see the court and Camby/sheed should take some of Tyson's minutes. Melo, jr, Kidd even Felton bring multiple things to the table so they can have a bad day, but when you are a 1 trick (defense only) pony like brewer and chandler and are being paid to do just that, you must do it. Tyson is not paid 13-14 mil to score 20 and be our franchise player...just play ****ing D!!! Him and ronnie not playing D are virtually useless just like if novak's shot isnt falling, useless. My god I miss shumpert
    Last edited by meloman1592; 01-02-2013 at 11:44 AM.

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    The Brewer project needs to come to an end. Don't know if he's unhealthy or just sucks (I can't stand players who have trouble with layups) but there are better players on our bench.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Rasheed has it.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast