Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash

Where did our D go?

Was the beginning of the season a fluke? Or are we just in a slump?
    Not panicking but concerned. We are getting outworked and physically beaten up on the D end. We aren't playing the same way we were when we started the season.
    Thoughts?

vCash
    Little known fact: it was our offense that propelled us to the hot start. Our defense was fringe top 10 the whole time.

Maybe it just shows how much Shumpert brings to the table.

vCash
    it was gone when shump tore his acl. i think when he comes back he can get us back up to top 15. he, chandler and woody had us top 5 last year. we need to get back to that in the next the 5 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Little known fact: it was our offense that propelled us to the hot start. Our defense was fringe top 10 the whole time.

Maybe it just shows how much Shumpert brings to the table.
    Our 3's were crazy. Melo, kidd, Jr have been amazing.

But we have given up way too many points to teams that are not scoring dynamos. That's my concern. The last couple of weeks, the desire and intensity hasn't been there.

I can't wait till Shump is back.

5. 01-01-2013, 10:44 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic

vCash
    our d isnt a fluke...missing felton to penetrate and keep up with faster point guards definitely hurt...sigh its always something with this team....we may need to cut white and a get another combo guard
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

7. 01-01-2013, 10:45 PM
    Reason
    quoted deleted post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    This thread should be closed according to the idiot mods that run this forum, since mine was about the exact same thing.
    Sorry.
    I don't get it either.

9. 01-01-2013, 10:50 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic

vCash
    Felton pressures the opposing pg. Defense does need to crack down. The fact that they do it in the second half and at the end of games says they can do it.

11. 01-01-2013, 10:53 PM
    Reason
    quoted deleted post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    Felton pressures the opposing pg. Defense does need to crack down. The fact that they do it in the second half and at the end of games says they can do it.
    Yeah, Felton is a tenacious little ****. I think Sheed missing is a factor too but I hope Camby helps.

vCash
    if woody gives half of novak's minutes to cope or camby we win, plain and simple. playing novak 20 minutes when he's done absolutely nothing offensively and defensively and benching cope and camby is pretty dantoni-ish to say the least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    it was gone when shump tore his acl. i think when he comes back he can get us back up to top 15. he, chandler and woody had us top 5 last year. we need to get back to that in the next the 5 months.
    Maybe eventually but my expectation for Shump is very low when he's back from his ACL tear. Not expecting the same Shump from last season right away. Hopefully he get's there before the playoffs start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bomahs161 View Post
    if woody gives half of novak's minutes to cope or camby we win, plain and simple. playing novak 20 minutes when he's done absolutely nothing offensively and defensively and benching cope and camby is pretty dantoni-ish to say the least.
    I agree about Camby.
    Cope has been great on offense but horrible defensively. I love him as a player but he needs to do more on the d side

16. 01-01-2013, 11:00 PM
    Reason
    quoted deleted post

vCash
    I'm so confused at which thread is which, u have two with the same title and premise but different teams and its blowing my mind

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree about Camby.
    Cope has been great on offense but horrible defensively. I love him as a player but he needs to do more on the d side
    i agree as well, but i feel copes defense is still better than novaks, and cope can post and put the ball on the floor and has been shooting the ball better. not sure how novak is getting the mins he's getting.

19. 01-01-2013, 11:06 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The best thing about your posts is that you post 13 times a day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OWL7AzvHo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goose14741 View Post
    I'm so confused at which thread is which, u have two with the same title and premise but different teams and its blowing my mind
    LMAO!!! This post was meant for the Knicks. I posted it and couldn't find it, so thought I did it wrong. I was on the Knicks page so maybe something went a bit wrong or I hit something before I posted. Which other team is it?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast